Fosse69

Man. City v Port Vale - F.A. Cup

6 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Some Man City fans complaining at the stupid kick off time. I wonder if it will have an impact on the gate? How much TV money will we get?

3pm would have been better but it’s only an hour away, not like we’d be getting back at 2am.

Worth checking the last train times from Manc which are a bit pants on a Saturday.

Especially if you're intending on squeezing on the Northern Rail one that stops at Grove.

4 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

Shame they can't stick to normal times. Trains back after  8pm on a Saturday a bit sparse.

Absolutely agree but money talks. They would rather satisfy some fat Asian or American sofa viewer than a die hard fan wanting to see a match in person. 

If a fan is a die hard then slightly inconvenient train times won't make a jot of difference

Absolutely agree but money talks. They would rather satisfy some fat Asian or American sofa viewer than a die hard fan wanting to see a match in person. 
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Santa said:

Home ticket details have been released.

£15 adults, and it looks like they are holding back the second and third tiers of the South Stand for us if we sell out our initial allocation.

https://mancity.com/news/tickets-and-travel/tickets-and-travel/2019/december/man-city-port-vale-fa-cup-ticket-information

Roughly what are the capacities of each area? 

So a 8250 allocation which is about double the size of our average home gate I believe.

So maybe a good idea to afternoon season ticket holders get there’s is do a Robbie (you had to purchase his Xmas cd to obtain the voucher )get the one game wonders having purchase a ticket for a upcoming home league game at a reduced price get in of say 15 quid .

Looking forwards to going a ground I have never been.

UTV get them tickets sold and market a future home game and play well in that home game 

I was going to post this on Facebook but can't be bothered with the flak I'll get so I'll vent here.

I think I'm getting a bit grumpy in my old age but is anyone else getting a little fed up with all this Man City game talk?  I fully appreciate that this is a glamour tie for us and of course there is a high level of interest in it but there are five far more important games to be played before the City game. The constant questions about tickets is doing my head in. Once an announcement is made by Vale then we'll know but there hasn't been one yet so shut up! I booked my tickets for Mansfield last week and the guy in the Ticket Office said that there had been very little interest in it and it was nice to talk someone who wasn't asking about the City game. This is before ticket details are announced!

The City game will look after itself. You'll get a ticket because they'll be shed loads.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smugsy said:

I was going to post this on Facebook but can't be bothered with the flak I'll get so I'll vent here.

I think I'm getting a bit grumpy in my old age but is anyone else getting a little fed up with all this Man City game talk?  I fully appreciate that this is a glamour tie for us and of course there is a high level of interest in it but there are five far more important games to be played before the City game. The constant questions about tickets is doing my head in. Once an announcement is made by Vale then we'll know but there hasn't been one yet so shut up! I booked my tickets for Mansfield last week and the guy in the Ticket Office said that there had been very little interest in it and it was nice to talk someone who wasn't asking about the City game. This is before ticket details are announced!

The City game will look after itself. You'll get a ticket because they'll be shed loads.

I suppose it is the fact that we have not played them for 20 odd years, and  it maybe 20 more years to the next time, they are the cup holders and league champions, a ground we have never played on, closest Prem team ,easy trip.. When was the last big cup-tie? We  played Mansfield last week. Old but not grumpy about the Vale, I leave that for other things.😀😀

• Thanks 1