Fosse69

Man. City v Port Vale - F.A. Cup

I am confused about the £800K figure.Gate receipts would be around £520K based on 52,000 at £10 per head. We would get half of that after expenses, max £260K. Where is the other £500K plus coming from? 

15 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I am confused about the £800K figure.Gate receipts would be around £520K based on 52,000 at £10 per head. We would get half of that after expenses, max £260K. Where is the other £500K plus coming from? 

I believe City have a habit of giving lower league teams 100% of the gate receipts in cup games. 
Also, wasn’t that match on TV?

Pretty sure it wasn't. I think it was one of those games where the BBC had a live reporter there. You get some money for that though

1 hour ago, cheshirevaliant said:

It won't be the Friday night, nor I suspect will it be the Monday given City's commitments with their league game against Everton on the preceding Wednesday and their likely League Cup semi final on the following Tuesday/Wednesday. 

I can't see it being on the tele to be honest. Liverpool Everton & Wolves Man United are shoo ins, I suspect the Rochdale/Boston Newcastle game, the Middlesbrough Spurs game and the Arsenal Leeds game will be the other games. 

Yep I suspect the BBC will go with the Liverpool derby game for Friday if they get first choice of the fixtures. Anyone know when the TV games are confirmed?

I just like to apologise to all my neighbourhood for when the draw was made .

Its a magnificent draw financially and with a good away following for certain then who knows what will happen as Vale tend to play very well v Man City who are let’s face it are a tremendous team who hammer most sides .

I do not go along with we will lose heavily as every Vale player will be pumped to the extreme and with a massive vocal away following backing them every step along the way then expect the unexpected.

My gf says she will go with me this game her first game (she’s not a football fan by any stretch of the imagination).

Its a wonderful story and can be the start of a present which is so much more enjoyable than the past and it’s mainly down to all the staff at the club and the supportive owners who deserve this payday .

Feeling proud and we ain’t even stepped on the pitch versus them yet 

Aguero /sterling ,silva /be Bruyne.

Little Port Vale taking to the field with these exceptional footballers .

Fantastic 

UTV 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

What about corporate boxes/hospitality? I doubt it will be only a tenner if you go in there.

Yeah I’m struggling g to get up to £800k myself.

I THINK part of it is the fact that not all tickets will be £10. I think that’s a headline number for one section where they sell super cheap tickets to attract people who can’t normally afford to go. 

Whatever we get will be amazing... and if, as George has now got my hopes up, City give us their share it could creep up there.

Liverpool play on the Thursday night so more likely their game will be on the Sunday.

Yep I suspect the BBC will go with the Liverpool derby game for Friday if they get first choice of the fixtures. Anyone know when the TV games are confirmed?

Had a little look on blue moon. They reckon they could get near 50000 for this. Kids for a quid etc. Would be amazing to get that many although I think it will be around the 40000 mark.

Would imagine expenses would be pretty huge too.

Just now, j_grainger10 said:

Had a little look on blue moon. They reckon they could get near 50000 for this. Kids for a quid etc. Would be amazing to get that many although I think it will be around the 40000 mark.

Hope we veto the kids for a quid offer, it's pretty insulting. Ha, remember when Bell refused Leeds' offer to reduce prices for that cup game in the 90s (not the one that went to a replay) and Ridsdale(?) got all huffy?

4 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Hope we veto the kids for a quid offer, it's pretty insulting. Ha, remember when Bell refused Leeds' offer to reduce prices for that cup game in the 90s (not the one that went to a replay) and Ridsdale(?) got all huffy?

Depends which side of the line you sit. I'll be taking three kids up - when you add in the travelling costs it's an expensive day out as it is. I can appreciate it's more revenue for the club but the costs to supporters has to be a consideration too. 

Plus... it won't matter too much if we thrash 'em - we'll have the revenue from the fourth round tie too.

1 minute ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Hope it is competitively priced but not to the extent that it's practically free just because we're little Port Vale. Any idea how much they charged against Rotherham last year?

Here's a link. Their ticket pricing is like an essay, it goes on and on...

https://www.mancity.com/news/tickets-and-travel/tickets-and-travel/2018/december/man-city-v-rotherham-ticket-information