onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Man. City v Port Vale - F.A. Cup

Fosse69

33 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I to do not have a ticket, and I realise that my club have made mistakes during the ticket selling process, but I feel sure that the owners will rectify this. I am just over the moon that Vale are playingMan City and will make shed loads of dosh.

So VS you have made your point, now give the club chance to rectify it, and perhaps even consider purchasing a season ticket. Merry Xmas.

Let’s be clear, giving season ticket holders first refusal isn’t a mistake, nor is giving season ticket holders the option to buy two tickets. This is the way it’s always been.

The only mistake I can see is that this latest scheme is flawed.  What’s to stop someone from concocting some fabricated  story to get their names into the ballot?  Who’s going to scrutinise the essays?  It sounds a crackpot idea to me.  I feel the club have knee jerked over a few dissenting voices, which, before social media, would never have caused such storm in a tea cup.

Advert

I see about 12 matches a season home and away usually split. Work dictates a season is ticket is poor value for me, but if I was retired or had a job with Vale friendly hours, i’d have one in a heartbeat. 

Any other club would rightly reward season ticket holders and this was a fair policy in this case. 

The write a 300 world statement to get entered into a ballot is a bit of fun i’d say. As it is a ballot, anyone I feel could write anything and it could be drawn. I doubt they are going to read any. 

I think it is fair. I know fans who are genuine, big vale fans and cannot afford a season ticket. A ballot for the last few gives us all a chance to dream it could still happen over Christmas. It has turned what would have been a disappointment into a possibility. Every Vale fan without a ticket is now a little Charlie Bucket, with the golden wonka tickets now being the chance of FA Cup third round ones. 

Better than having that Willy Wanka, Smurfwaite that we’ve had the last decade.  

The facts are, a reward scheme to see Vale matches has rarely been demanded. No home matches sell out and with the exception of Crewe games, we always have away tickets available. 

On 19/12/2019 at 10:17, Nofinikea said:

This game will not be a sell out yet it seems Vale could have shifted 10000+ tickets with ease so why isnt the 25% rule being enforced?  Surely it's only a case of shifting netting and having a line of stewards in the concourse.

That said, the reputation our knuckle dragging <ovf censored> Ed's have gained us has probably not helped one bit - tossers.

Given that so far every ticket is meant to have been sold is linked to a season ticket holder, if they are going to be yobs, they could get their season tickets torn up. Remember, the Ethiad has proper CCTV surveillance all around the ground, probably more than in Vale Park in greater detail. 

22 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Given that so far every ticket is meant to have been sold is linked to a season ticket holder, if they are going to be yobs, they could get their season tickets torn up. Remember, the Ethiad has proper CCTV surveillance all around the ground, probably more than in Vale Park in greater detail. 

Not all will be linked to a ST holder, don’t forget that a good chunk are going to corporate, staff, hangers on etc.

The problem is that many fans will take the early trains and be in Manc for breakfast.  Some will have had 7 or 8 hours on the lash by KO.  I’d love to be one of them but unfortunately I’ll still have presents to buy. 😳

I hope not. I have to tell you that doing that is big time unacceptable in Premier League grounds and there are stewards and police to sort it out

Not all will be linked to a ST holder, don’t forget that a good chunk are going to corporate, staff, hangers on etc.
The problem is that many fans will take the early trains and be in Manc for breakfast.  Some will have had 7 or 8 hours on the lash by KO.  I’d love to be one of them but unfortunately I’ll still have presents to buy.

The reason Vale have asked for a 300 word covering letter is to weed out the chancers and part timers from the ones committed enough in their following of the club to be arsed enough to spend just a few minutes writing a few words down about their history as a Vale fan.

Unfortunately there's a lot of Vale fans, like that utter whinging mardarse on P&G earlier, who are too thick to realise it's a filter not an exam.

24 minutes ago, Doha said:

The reason Vale have asked for a 300 word covering letter is to weed out the chancers and part timers from the ones committed enough in their following of the club to be arsed enough to spend just a few minutes writing a few words down about their history as a Vale fan.

Unfortunately there's a lot of Vale fans, like that utter whinging mardarse on P&G earlier, who are too thick to realise it's a filter not an exam.

Surely Google will enable people to do relevant research ? 

Only got to come up with some jackanory story. 

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Painful listening to that arsehole thought 

If you go that many vale games bud, buy an st, save loads of cash

This game is being broadcast overseas so there will be a feed. How hard would it be rig up the corporate suite with a big screen for 200 fans or so (how many does hold?). The weather could be too bad and maybe not enough interest for a big screen on the pitch. Good opportunity for extra pocket revenue. 10 quid each, sell pies, pints, etc.

On 20/12/2019 at 21:03, Guitar Ray said:

The problem is that many fans will take the early trains and be in Manc for breakfast.  Some will have had 7 or 8 hours on the lash by KO.  I’d love to be one of them but unfortunately I’ll still have presents to buy. 😳

I don't have a box but people with the corporate boxes do pay more per match so should have the same right as season ticket holders. I certainly dont have an issue if they've given Speedy or the ground staff the right to buy a ticket before me as he has worked his butt off for years. The directors of the club wont be buying tickets as they'll be in the director's box. The only slight issue I have is season ticket and box holders getting 2 tickets and some regular supporters of home games not getting one. But there is never going to be a 100% fair system where nobody feel let down. It's very rare demand for any Vale game is greater than supply. 

I really don't understand where these masses of people who can afford to go 'home and away' (which is £20 minimum a pop before travel, drinks, and food), but haven't at least got a 10 game flexi ticket, have come from.

I understand some people genuinely don't have the spare cash in the summer to get a full season ticket, but if you're in the situation of the gent on P&G last night who was adamant he was at Scunthorpe, MK Dons, and all the home games, I question why he didn't save up the £160 for a flexi, which would have basically guaranteed him a Man City ticket.

He then, after moaning for 5 minutes and undoubtedly having been all over social media this week, is told there is a ballot where the club have gone out of their way to give 'genuine' fans like him a chance.

He basically dismisses it and questions whether its for one or two, and doesn't sound like he'll bother. Not good enough for him, because unfortunately it would deprive him of what he loves doing most; being critical.

I learnt earlier this year with all the trouble this club had that people love a good moan, without actually doing anything to sort it; balls to what you're trying to do, I enjoy being peed off and I'm going to milk it for all its worth.

I'm all for constructive criticism but the incessant bleating this week has been completely fatuous.

Hope decent people like Kevin and Carol don't take all this flak to heart.

Archived