onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Man. City v Port Vale - F.A. Cup

Fosse69

Advert

8 minutes ago, davehartshill said:

Write a 300 word essay for City tickets. Proper funny that is. Proper tinpot!

Should have opened the ballot for those who purchase/have tickets for any game between now and the end of the year. 

Anybody with any sense would include past ticket evidence in with their essay.

1 hour ago, davehartshill said:

Write a 300 word essay for City tickets. Proper funny that is. Proper tinpot!

Should have opened the ballot for those who purchase/have tickets for any game between now and the end of the year. 

"The Club don't give REAL fans a chance; this is an outrage!!!!!"

The club gives real fans a chance

"Proper tinpot!"

30 minutes ago, Joe B said:

"The Club don't give REAL fans a chance; this is an outrage!!!!!"

The club gives real fans a chance

"Proper tinpot!"

I’ve got myself 4 tickets for me, my dad  and my kids so I’ve never said owt like that.

It is tinpot  to make fans write why they want the honour of being able to buy a ticket. It’s embarrassing. 

A simple ballot for fans who have tickets from the Cheltenham/Mansfield/Swindon games would’ve been fine. 

there's a resounding cryptic message hidden amongst all the moaning and bitterness here, a subtle hint that should give a few people a nudge....buy a season ticket , you don't need a maths degree to see the overall savings that getting one would make .

10 minutes ago, STUNG said:

there's a resounding cryptic message hidden amongst all the moaning and bitterness here, a subtle hint that should give a few people a nudge....buy a season ticket , you don't need a maths degree to see the overall savings that getting one would make .

The more successful a club is the more important it is to have a ST for the perks, as an economic case most Vale fans make that decision, but it does not suit everyone especially some that work most Saturdays. Unfortunately away allocations are sometimes for us less than STs, for Prem teams they are always less, but we have not reached that point yet.

For those that have supported Vale all their lives but now live out of area and only get a few chances to see live matches a Season ticket doesn’t make any sense

There’s more to bring a Vale fan Than a season ticket- there are Vale fans all over the World not just next door to Vale park

2 hours ago, davehartshill said:

I’ve got myself 4 tickets for me, my dad  and my kids so I’ve never said owt like that.

It is tinpot  to make fans write why they want the honour of being able to buy a ticket. It’s embarrassing. 

A simple ballot for fans who have tickets from the Cheltenham/Mansfield/Swindon games would’ve been fine. 

Why is it embarrassing? I like the idea. 

What’s embarrassing is some fans using every opportunity to pick and moan. 

21 hours ago, Vital Spark said:

You don’t need all the answers, just a little common sense.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I to do not have a ticket, and I realise that my club have made mistakes during the ticket selling process, but I feel sure that the owners will rectify this. I am just over the moon that Vale are playingMan City and will make shed loads of dosh.

So VS you have made your point, now give the club chance to rectify it, and perhaps even consider purchasing a season ticket. Merry Xmas.

What I would like to see is that in future if we get a tie like this one we try to couple it with a reduced price ticket (say £15) for the first home league game after the draw and start selling the tickets on that day to encourage fans to actually watch us in a league game. This is of course after selling tickets to season ticket holders on a one for one basis.

Hopefully though the next time we get a really good draw like this, we are drawn at home and let the away team have the problems we have experienced over this one, although I am sure that they will have a system in place to reward their most  deserving fans.

Hopefully in a few seasons this will be the norm for us any way.

16 minutes ago, rayzer said:

What I would like to see is that in future if we get a tie like this one we try to couple it with a reduced price ticket (say £15) for the first home league game after the draw and start selling the tickets on that day to encourage fans to actually watch us in a league game. This is of course after selling tickets to season ticket holders on a one for one basis.

Hopefully though the next time we get a really good draw like this, we are drawn at home and let the away team have the problems we have experienced over this one, although I am sure that they will have a system in place to reward their most  deserving fans.

Hopefully in a few seasons this will be the norm for us any way.

Not saying it’s a bad idea but you just know what we happen if we’d done that, “oh I can’t get a ticket because I couldn’t make that game. I’ve been to every other game for the last 20 years. It’s not fair, blah blah blah”.

You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time...

Archived