onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Man. City v Port Vale - F.A. Cup

Fosse69

Advert

36 minutes ago, Vital Spark said:

You’re just being pedantic.

The point is there are various simple ways the club could have prevented this with a little thought and common sense. As usual they chose the quick and lazy option.

And as usual, despite all the good things that have been done at the club this year, fans can't wait to complain when things aren't perfect.  As Colin Garlick said on the radio this evening, they will learn from this experience and do it better next time.

31 minutes ago, pete vale said:

Surely there was only one check list electronically shared avoiding ST duplication. If not they must be able to run checks afterwards and deal with multiple purchases on the same ST?

I was suprised at the amount of time taken when purchasing my tickets - checking names/ our address/ season ticket details/ seat allocation/ finally writing on ticket stubs the cost and ID prior to payment. I thought that the Synectics people would have been all over efficiency and streamlining particularly security wise? The writing was on the wall when I queued for 2.5 hours for Salford tickets. It was a 3 hour queue for Man City tickets. I genuinely feel sorry for those that 'do go' who haven't got a ticket but who thought 8K would have gone in a week and a half. The old Rudge days was 1 ticket per ST or Travel Club member but this was also abused as people purchased multiple tickets as the club just wanted to sell (You know what Mr Bell was like with his biscuit tin!) I do hope people get sorted somehow, I thought that ST holders would have bought for friends and family who were non ST's?

I would gladly help the club but honestly thought they may have learned from the Salford ticket sale, then again Crewe?

I'm sure in future it will be better

My response about the checklist was to the poster who suggested a list of ST numbers should be printed out.

I agree that the system is far from perfect and is something that needs addressing but the Shanahans have been there for 6 months and we are expecting everything to be perfect already.  It won't be. 

And as usual, despite all the good things that have been done at the club this year, fans can't wait to complain when things aren't perfect.  As Colin Garlick said on the radio this evening, they will learn from this experience and do it better next time.

Garlicks response only highlighted demand as the issue, but didn’t acknowledge that failure to complete simple checks resulted in fans missing out in unfair circumstances.

Thank god Ticketmaster are handling the RW tickets.

28 minutes ago, Vital Spark said:

Garlicks response only highlighted demand as the issue, but didn’t acknowledge that failure to complete simple checks resulted in fans missing out in unfair circumstances.

Thank god Ticketmaster are handling the RW tickets.

Have you applied for a job at Vale?  You seem to have all the answers. 😉

Vale had Ticketmaster when Paul Wildes was in charge, it cost a fortune and was pants!

13 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Have you applied for a job at Vale?  You seem to have all the answers. 😉

Vale had Ticketmaster when Paul Wildes was in charge, it cost a fortune and was pants!

Actually the ticket master system in my view was a step forward. Prior to that getting tickets away from the ground involved solely telephone sales. 

1 hour ago, Vital Spark said:

You don’t need all the answers, just a little common sense.

Your disappointment seems to be spilling over into anger at the club and owners.

Which is a shame...

If you are struggling to separate the amazing work Carol and Kevin have done for the club from not being able to get a ticket for a game born from their success... them I’m afraid you fall into the “you can’t please everyone” bucket.

I get you are disappointed... I empathise with the challenge.

But I do not see how this is a cause to attack the club who have generated the highest sales of away tickets ever at the Etihad. Money that will secure the club you love so much that not getting a ticket has sent you into a negative PR spin. NB: This message is aimed at more than just you. 

Buy a ticket in the home end near the vale fans... enjoy the match. Stop moaning at the club.

Being disappointed is a silent act... being negative is something you do in public.  

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Your disappointment seems to be spilling over into anger at the club and owners.

Which is a shame...

If you are struggling to separate the amazing work Carol and Kevin have done for the club from not being able to get a ticket for a game born from their success... them I’m afraid you fall into the “you can’t please everyone” bucket.

I get you are disappointed... I empathise with the challenge.

But I do not see how this is a cause to attack the club who have generated the highest sales of away tickets ever at the Etihad. Money that will secure the club you love so much that not getting a ticket has sent you into a negative PR spin. NB: This message is aimed at more than just you. 

Buy a ticket in the home end near the vale fans... enjoy the match. Stop moaning at the club.

Being disappointed is a silent act... being negative is something you do in public.  

Your CEO said today they had a small allocation of tickets left to distribute and were trying to work out the fairest way of doing that.  I don't think it will sell out until the week of the game so it makes sense to wait and see what your ticket office suggest because if you are in the home end you can't sing and you can't celebrate  (9 times out of 10, you could jump up and celebrate and you'd be fine, but you just don't know do you, and it only takes one fan to complain, and there's always one.  They point you out to the stewards and it's game over. 

I replied to a fan who was going with some Mancs/friends as to where the good places to sit were.  I don't think it's a good idea to watch a game in the home stands unless you know the layout of the ground and you know you can handle your emotions.   If you are going to support Vale forget it.  You wont be able to.  If though you can keep a lid on it, and then walk away after the game knowing that you've seen your team play on a memorable day then I guess you can do it, but remember that more than likely City will win and you will be sat amongst home fans who maybe celebrating goals.  I've done it before.  I watched City get promotion at Blackburn and there were easily 10,000 at the ground that day with 2,000 in the home ends.  Safety in numbers.  I've also been at an Old Trafford Deby and seen us get beat 5-0.  It can be done, and can be enjoyable but you have to be prepared for a difficult day.  I'm sorry you probably already know all this anyway, it's just I didn't want Port Vale fans to buy seats in the home ends without really thinking about it.  It's one thing going with City fans, or locals, another going on your own, and ending up in a block that could be hostile (the ones next to the Vale fans - it's probably the same at Vale Park).  If Man City go to a replay at Vale Park, would you advise them to sit next to the away fans?  Only if you wanted to see them battered!  

City a a good crowd but it's football.  

I understand SOME people are disappointed but the amount of whining is beginning to get tiresome.

Yes some things could have been done better but there would always have been some disappointed no matter what.

Everyone knew that if a big game came up, ST holders had priority access to tickets. Now people are bleating about it. Next year buy a season ticket. Problem solved.

Archived