onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Man. City v Port Vale - F.A. Cup

Fosse69

Gutted to hear the news today but good luck to all those ST holders who have managed to get tickets.

Would have loved to see this Man.City team live against the Vale after travelling to see us to play Liverpool away twice in the past,along with Villa twice,Derby,Wigan,Brum,Blackburn, Everton,Man Utd,Arsenal,Leeds and Spurs.

Still,roll on Saturday against Cheltenham.UTV

Advert

1 hour ago, Naz said:

I looked online before posting and there's about 8,000 +/- 1,000 seats left for home fans. 

Naz, I'm a massive Vale fan. Couldn't get a ticket. But have no problem with Citeh, the in-laws live just around the corner, up North Rd. So going with the father in-law and the wife and the kids so a mixed bunch. No mither or anything, just to watch the game. Where is the best place for us to go?

8 hours ago, Ben Stevens said:

...Maybe some people can’t afford the money upfront for different reasons and have to pay weekly of which my season will cost me a minimum of £460 so I’ve actually done more for the club than a season ticket holder effectively because I’ve give them £160 more than them...  

Speaking for myself, I think you're wrong on that account.

9 hours ago, Naz said:

Not at home games. 

I looked online before posting and there's about 8,000 +/- 1,000 seats left for home fans. 

There maybe some room for negotiation regarding hospitality areas in other stands.  That's just me guessing.  I'm just a clueless City fan!

I read the Stoke sentinel article online.  It sounds like a small number of tickets are going to be released.  I hope so.  The numbers are a little confusing as on the face of it there should be a significant number still to be sold.  The answer could be that the ticket sales exclude hospitality sales?  Level 3 holds 5519.  Level 2 holds about 1,500.  There's also one cenral block on Level 2 with another 300 hospitality seats. I am a little uncertain about the capacity of Level 2 but that will be roughly right.  

City have hospitality areas in the two main stands.  I don't know much about them never having ventured inside them.

Cheers.

24 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

No, I was being honest and was waiting my turn.  I suppose it's not the clubs fault if we have a large number of selfish tossers as season ticket holders.

The selfish tossers who queued for 2+ hours in the freezing cold while you couldn’t be arsed to phone a mate from the warmth of your pit?

10 hours ago, eh up nah said:

Well I managed to get details for a season ticket holder I know, whi isnt going, to give to a mate so he could get two tickets.

He got to the ticket office today and the guy in front explained to the girl at the counter that he had already purchased two tickets on his ST but could he possibly have another two.  She looked at her boss, "yeah, go on then."

Bit wrong that.

Stop talking bllocks

How many times have we heard people say things like "my first game was Everton, I've been going ever since". These band wagon supporters may actually start to attend after watching us beat city 1 - 3.

Most things that require a ticket and sell out leave a lot of people disappointed. I wish everyone could go but as harsh as it sounds, tough. People have missed out on Man city tickets, Robbie tickets, Glastonbury tickets.

My mum has always wanted to go Eurovision and I told her that we would go if Holland won, which they did. So now we have already paid for hotels, which were getting expensive quickly because of the event and the flights. The first lot of tickets went on sale the other day and we couldn't get a sniff. I'm not expecting us to get them, it's just down to a bit of luck.

An away membership scheme could help, but then seeing as there's only really 2, maybe 3 games we sell out for I don't think there's any need for it.

Plenty of room in the ground just go in one of the main stands and watch the game... you 'l also be able to see the Vale fans behind the goal celebrating when we score which will be one for the photo album 🙂

I've printed my tickets off for the home stand just be aware they do state on them that photo id will be required so if you re doing the same as me make sure you take your driving license or something.

Cant really see much reason to moan about tickets, more people want to watch Vale at Man City than Vale at home to Cheltenham no shock there really. Hopefully all season ticket holders have got tickets and the rest of us just have to take a chance or make a plan B....

9 hours ago, toyahw said:

Naz, I'm a massive Vale fan. Couldn't get a ticket. But have no problem with Citeh, the in-laws live just around the corner, up North Rd. So going with the father in-law and the wife and the kids so a mixed bunch. No mither or anything, just to watch the game. Where is the best place for us to go?

I would say sit in the front rows on the 3rd tiers of the West Stand.  There are plenty of seats left up there.  View isn't so good at the back so try for nearer the front.   If you prefer nearer the pitch then the corner blocks at the North Stand end are a safe place to be and there are still seats left there but avoid first few rows because any rain just rolls in.

The image below is from City's online Ticket site.  I added some colour in paint.

Vale's end is marked in green on the right.
The red below you I would definitely avoid.  City's singing section is centered on 113.  110 and 111 was where the trouble was in the Manchester Derby.  Basically all that area 109 round to 118 will be full of young people who will stand.  It's our popular end.  Most are fine, but it's the more excitable end.  The Colin Bell Stand is the main stand although it appears identical to the stand opposite.  Level 2 anywhere around the ground should be OK but more expensive and oddly tends to sell out.  It includes corporate areas.  I'd avoid 210,211 and 212 though (next to you - basically anywhere next to the away fans is not a good place to be).

My tips would:

1) Colin Bell Stand 3rd tier - near the front for a good view.

2) Corners on Level 1 opposite your stand (131, 132 and 140,142)

3) East Stand 3rd tier.  I'd choose the CB stand first over this.  East Stand is where season ticket holders from the KIppax (city's old standing terrace) were moved to when we changed ground.  It's nornally calm and quiet up there too.

The main rush for tickets in the City end will be gone now.  It will take ages for seats to sell up in the 3rd tiers.  Weeks.  Eventually they will sell though.  If I were you I would wait and see what Vale offer.  If you are going with City fans, or neutrals then the blue areas I've marked are good areas to be, and red I would avoid

spacer.png

Archived