onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Man. City v Port Vale - F.A. Cup

Fosse69

Advert

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Keep away from the bottom tier where all the racists are!

Yeah I know mate I’ve been a member at Man City for about ten years go watch them about 5 games a season around vale games in the Premier League so normally sit half way line in Colin Bell stand but we’re going sit up the far corner of Colin Bell stand second tier 

9 minutes ago, Woakesy said:

They’ll be many a Vale fan in the home end.

I did it in the North Bank at Highbury. Was all incognito until my dad stood up cheering when Tony Naylor ‘scored’. Had to pull him back down and tell him he was offside!

Stood in the Boothen end when they played Liverpool once, jumped up and down when Gillespie scored only for it to be given offside. Hated Stoke as a kid I did.

48 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Folk on here didn't think we'd sell out.  Can't blame the club if they have been surprised by the response. 

I honestly didn’t think we would at the time. The last similar sell out was Villa in 2006 when we were a solid league 1 club and all the Smurfwaite/Bratt/MOLD stuff had not driven so many away.

Still insist there are many Stoke fan glory hunters after a bit of Prem level footie tagging along.

30 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

I know folk who are ST holders who have got a ticket for <ovf censored> supporting mates, but it's ok as obviously they are more important than the average game by game fan along with the players aunties, uncles, nephews and nieces.

<ovf censored> this right up in my opinion.

Did you ask any of the ST holders you know to get you a ticket instead of their <ovf censored> supporting mates?  We got three with our two season tickets and the third one was for someone who is married to a member of staff and goes to a lot of away games.

Well I managed to get details for a season ticket holder I know, whi isnt going, to give to a mate so he could get two tickets.

He got to the ticket office today and the guy in front explained to the girl at the counter that he had already purchased two tickets on his ST but could he possibly have another two.  She looked at her boss, "yeah, go on then."

Bit wrong that.

3 hours ago, Woakesy said:

Agree that the second tickets at £15 were too cheap. This is why you’ll get lots of day trippers. 

In hindsight the club were right to do cheap tickets for ST holders but should have had more expensive second ones or just kept it to the 1 each.

I think the club massively underestimated the demand. 8k sounded a lot but when you think it’s a once a decade game, or maybe even longer, it’s not a lot.

Hopefully arrangements can be made for more tickets because like Ben, there will be a lot of fans deserving to go who are missing out.

I think the home team set the prices for cup games nowadays.

6 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

Naz,thanks for your input.Is there any areas where no fans are allowed (home or away) at any City game?

Not at home games. 

I looked online before posting and there's about 8,000 +/- 1,000 seats left for home fans. 

There maybe some room for negotiation regarding hospitality areas in other stands.  That's just me guessing.  I'm just a clueless City fan!

I read the Stoke sentinel article online.  It sounds like a small number of tickets are going to be released.  I hope so.  The numbers are a little confusing as on the face of it there should be a significant number still to be sold.  The answer could be that the ticket sales exclude hospitality sales?  Level 3 holds 5519.  Level 2 holds about 1,500.  There's also one cenral block on Level 2 with another 300 hospitality seats. I am a little uncertain about the capacity of Level 2 but that will be roughly right.  

City have hospitality areas in the two main stands.  I don't know much about them never having ventured inside them.

Well I managed to get details for a season ticket holder I know, whi isnt going, to give to a mate so he could get two tickets.
He got to the ticket office today and the guy in front explained to the girl at the counter that he had already purchased two tickets on his ST but could he possibly have another two.  She looked at her boss, "yeah, go on then."
Bit wrong that.

I hope this isn’t true, but wouldn’t surprise me with Vale.

Archived