onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Man. City v Port Vale - F.A. Cup

Fosse69

Advert

My lads a ball boy, goes every home game and goes 6/7 away games a year. Hes not a season ticket holder because he doesnt need one. If it hadn't been two per season ticket holder he would have missed out.
However I see the other side of the coin, because I've got mates who go regularly and their missing out to day trippers.

1 hour ago, Valetillidie said:

Disappointing. Allowing players ridiculous numbers wouldn't have helped either.

How many tickets have players been allowed to have?

Is this a fact or rumour that players have had a ridiculous amount of tickets?

2 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Disagree. We have just over 4000 season tickets, so they should be expected to go on their own leaving half the tickets to one season ticket holders. 2 was fair enough and pretty well all season ticket holders who wanted tickets have got them. Anyone else can go in the home end, there are plenty of tickets left.

Disagree with you here mate to be fair.... I didn’t buy a season ticket this year because I thought I was going jail as a matter of fact for a personal matter of which I’ve received 150 hours community service instead. This is the only reason I didn’t buy a season ticket for the first time in 15 years. I’ve paid £20 ever home game this season and been every single home game as well, the cups the lot even when we got about 300 against Newcastle under 21s so for the right to be able sit in the away end where the atmosphere will be because the club allowed ST holders to buy TEO tickets is an absolute joke... When there is going be at least 1500-2000 in that away end which are band wagon supporters or family members that say there a vale FAN correct because they don’t SUPPORT because they never go a league game and pay to help out club.... where was the 8,000 fans when we went into Administration twice in the last 18 years ??? Sat at home doing nothing about it while us proper supporters stuck with the team. I don’t pick and choose a game because I’m not a season ticket holder ? Maybe some people can’t afford the money upfront for different reasons and have to pay weekly of which my season will cost me a minimum of £460 so I’ve actually done more for the club than a season ticket holder effectively because I’ve give them £160 more than them... there’s an argument from every angle but it should have been ONE ticket each for ST holders on sale for about a week then general sale for pay on the day fans who obtain a voucher on purchase of your Walsall home game ticket for about four days then general sale... this way it’s fair and the HONEST LOYAL fan can still watch his or her club in the biggest game since Liverpool and Everton in the 90s of which I was at both of them games home and away 

I think the only thing the club has done wrong is letting the ST period run too long. They were right to give ST holders priority and you can't really have 1 per ST cause you'd have 1000s of people potentially sitting on there own
In fairness to the club, it's only been one week, I dont think they or me for that matter anticipated the demand.

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

I am also aware of non Port Vale fans who will be in the away end due to their connections with ST holders.

Its a difficult one; if you go 1 per ST holder you've suddenly got a swathe of people who are basically attending alone.

Or more likely they will get the extra ticket for a family member / friend and then be sitting together.

In fairness to the club, it's only been one week, I dont think they or me for that matter anticipated the demand.
That's fair enough, but I think they could have opened it up after the first weekend. We had a mad rush and then it seemed to die away after Saturday with a steady amount being sold each day. Might have been slightly fairer to let everyone have a go from Monday.

However as I've said, it's very difficult to fathom how we have suddenly sold this many tickets in one day. I don't think anyone could have predicted that.

2 minutes ago, melv said:

Or more likely they will get the extra ticket for a family member / friend and then be sitting together.

Yeah a family member who never goes watch us in the league.... makes me sick the band wagon vale fans out there.... you watch us get 4500 on Saturday and guess what I will be there again paying £20 on Friday for my match ticket like I’ve done every single game this season unlike the so called family band wagon members 

41 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I think the only thing the club has done wrong is letting the ST period run too long. They were right to give ST holders priority and you can't really have 1 per ST cause you'd have 1000s of people potentially sitting on there own

Yes, fully agree.

Some people are kicking off over all sorts of minor things.

Only quibble is the length of the ST exclusive window, if people have been able to reserve over phone.

Still a fantastic achievement for us; we're breaking the Etihad record for most away fans!

1 minute ago, Nofinikea said:

The tickets were way too cheap.  That's the problem.  At a tenner a pop alot of folk have probably just got an extra one on the off chance somebody wants it.  

It will be bloody annoying if the actual attendance is lower than the tickets sold.

Also, why have players and staff been given tickets?  This is the sort of crap I had hoped had been left behind.  How many players families and staff were at Crawley?

You can't knock a player, who has most likely had his family sacrifice a lot to help him become a professonal footballer, trying to get as many of his family and friends to watch him play against the current holders of a domestic treble.

Obviously some unsubstantiated rumours are flying round on the quantity, but I have no qualm with the players have a few of their folks attending. To think it was 'crap from the old regime' is farcical mate. What are they supposed to do? Text them an update at half time?

Whilst I’m disappointed that I’m not going to be able to get a ticket for the game, I have no axe to grind with neither the club or the season ticket holders, they are the lifeblood of the club and good luck to them, due to work and family commitments I am unable to get a season ticket, I only really get to about 5-6 games per season I don’t really fancy the idea of sitting with the home fans and I would certainly struggle to contain myself if we score; I certainly think that Rob’s idea of putting a screen up in the bar would give the club an added revenue stream, I was fortunate enough to have attended away games such as Liverpool and Arsenal in the past, fantastic occasions for all concerned..... 

44 minutes ago, Ben Stevens said:

Disagree with you here mate to be fair.... I didn’t buy a season ticket this year because I thought I was going jail as a matter of fact for a personal matter of which I’ve received 150 hours community service instead. This is the only reason I didn’t buy a season ticket for the first time in 15 years. I’ve paid £20 ever home game this season and been every single home game as well, the cups the lot even when we got about 300 against Newcastle under 21s so for the right to be able sit in the away end where the atmosphere will be because the club allowed ST holders to buy TEO tickets is an absolute joke... When there is going be at least 1500-2000 in that away end which are band wagon supporters or family members that say there a vale FAN correct because they don’t SUPPORT because they never go a league game and pay to help out club.... where was the 8,000 fans when we went into Administration twice in the last 18 years ??? Sat at home doing nothing about it while us proper supporters stuck with the team. I don’t pick and choose a game because I’m not a season ticket holder ? Maybe some people can’t afford the money upfront for different reasons and have to pay weekly of which my season will cost me a minimum of £460 so I’ve actually done more for the club than a season ticket holder effectively because I’ve give them £160 more than them... there’s an argument from every angle but it should have been ONE ticket each for ST holders on sale for about a week then general sale for pay on the day fans who obtain a voucher on purchase of your Walsall home game ticket for about four days then general sale... this way it’s fair and the HONEST LOYAL fan can still watch his or her club in the biggest game since Liverpool and Everton in the 90s of which I was at both of them games home and away 

You mate deserve a ticket 

Archived