onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Man. City v Port Vale - F.A. Cup

Fosse69

Advert

16 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

How have we sold 1700 tickets in one day. Someone clearly didn't add up right yesterday

How many were on sale at the ticket office? Although we were allocated around 8,000 tickets,  players and staff tickets will reduce the amount available. Lessons to be learnt of the potential demand for big game tickets. In the past for FA Cup games  an allocation of 25% was allowed for away fans, but now due to segregation and the high % of STs at Prem grounds away allocations are much less. 

2 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

How many were on sale at the ticket office? Although we were allocated around 8,000 tickets,  players and staff tickets will reduce the amount available. Lessons to be learnt of the potential demand for big game tickets. In the past for FA Cup games  an allocation of 25% was allowed for away fans, but now due to segregation and the high % of STs at Prem grounds away allocations are much less. 

Sounds like a prelude to an offer for seats plus hospitality?

The numbers don't quite make sense i.e. sales as of last night, the allocation, and c.250 held back for players and staff.

Perhaps it was just wise to put the sales on hold for a while and then make sure that the final seats get sold fairly. 

14 minutes ago, Naz said:

Sounds like a prelude to an offer for seats plus hospitality?

The numbers don't quite make sense i.e. sales as of last night, the allocation, and c.250 held back for players and staff.

Perhaps it was just wise to put the sales on hold for a while and then make sure that the final seats get sold fairly. 

Naz,thanks for your input.Is there any areas where no fans are allowed (home or away) at any City game?

Don't blame the club as this has taken everyone by surprise in terms of sales but 1 a season ticket holder would have left 4000 on general sale which would of allowed all regulars to go.

Personally I plumped for a 10 game ticket (even if I only get to 9 I am no worse off) but thats not easy for everyone. Hopefully if we get a handful more tickets something can be done to ensure they go to regulars.

3 minutes ago, Valetillidie said:

Disappointing. Allowing players ridiculous numbers wouldn't have helped either.

No idea what the players were allowed but i wouldn’t begrudge them wanting to share this experience with their families for example. 

The remaining 1700 have been taken up by 300 hospitality and people who have reserved tickets who can't pick them up yet, but have STs. Not expected to be allotted any more.

Disappointing for the fans who haven't been able to secure theirs. Can only agree that too long was given to ST holders to secure.

1 hour ago, osprey said:

I’ve been a Vale fan for over 50 years but now live out of the area. I go when I can and also go to away games near where I live. I don’t know any season ticket holders so can’t ask for tickets that way.

Disappointed that you think only people who are able to attend the Vale regularly should be considered as ‘fans’ !

50 years of blood, sweat and tears following Vale as best I can and not even considered a fan - ask my friends here, they’re bored to death of Vale this, Vale that emoji1.png

Four of us going ,each got a season ticket and only had one ticket each . Brother in law could have come with us ,but got his extra ticket for his Sjokie workmate who fancies a day on the pi55. 😡

With hindsight it may have been a good idea to only sell the second ticket to a season ticket holder if bought with a ticket for a home game.
If you aren't that keen on the Vale stumping up £35 to go may have put you off and it would make extra cash for the club.
I'm surprised and a little embarrassed that 2-3000 fans have suddenly appeared for this away game that don't bother to turn up for home games. Whilst I understand people are unable to attend regularly for numerous reasons, almost double our average attendance have suddenly appeared for this game.
We have new owners an improved team and a feel good factor at the club. We have supposedly thousands of fans who were going to return when Smurf had gone and all we can muster is an extra 10% at home

Perhaps 2 per season ticket holder is ok providing say that 2nd ticket is brought for somebody that's on the vale database which usually means vale have there details from being previous games as usually when you buy tickets you get asked to give your name and address . Some season tickets holders may have brought tickets for a family member or mate who has never been or not been in years. 

Archived