onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Man. City v Port Vale - F.A. Cup

Fosse69

2 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Better there than not,  one of those games that everyone wants to be there. Food for thought for the future, use the situation to agree a fairer system for regular SVA without STs..

Why didn’t they just say you get a voucher at the Walsall home game which entitles you to buy one ticket from 16th to 21st December ? Just makes me sick that there will be at least 1000 that never go a game or haven’t been a game for years in that away end.... and I guarantee that there will be someone who ain’t a vale fan there but just wants a day out with his mate... slightly disappointed 

Advert

5 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Better there than not,  one of those games that everyone wants to be there. Food for thought for the future, use the situation to agree a fairer system for regular SVA without STs./ and regular non STs.  Can never satisfy for all games except Wembley, but at least an attempt.

m hoping that on Sunday there will be at least a couple of hundred left. Ill be leaving Leeds in the early morning to get down to the ticket office ready for 10am

31 minutes ago, Ben Stevens said:

Why didn’t they just say you get a voucher at the Walsall home game which entitles you to buy one ticket from 16th to 21st December ? Just makes me sick that there will be at least 1000 that never go a game or haven’t been a game for years in that away end.... and I guarantee that there will be someone who ain’t a vale fan there but just wants a day out with his mate... slightly disappointed 

That’s Football, the more successful the harder it is to get tickets. Don’t have a season ticket you take your chance. My Mrs is a Wolves fan and we often went when they were in the Championship, got no chance now, even Corporate tickets at £100 are sold out before the start of the season. Her Cousin is a season ticket holder and away season ticket holder and even then he doesn’t manage to always get a ticket for away games.

Get yourself in the home end, I bought 2 by the corner to our right before I secured a couple in the away end. You may still be lucky.

19 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

That’s Football, the more successful the harder it is to get tickets. Don’t have a season ticket you take your chance. My Mrs is a Wolves fan and we often went when they were in the Championship, got no chance now, even Corporate tickets at £100 are sold out before the start of the season. Her Cousin is a season ticket holder and away season ticket holder and even then he doesn’t manage to always get a ticket for away games.

Get yourself in the home end, I bought 2 by the corner to our right before I secured a couple in the away end. You may still be lucky.

Yes there's going to be a few of us in that Colin Bell stand !!

56 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

We have a far bigger allocation than Leicester will have on Saturday, as far as I know the average away allocation at Prem grounds is 3000.

Away season tickets at Wolves capped at 1600. It’s a membership not a season ticket, costs you £70 and then not all Premiership grounds give 1600 so no guarantee of getting a ticket. There is also a waiting list for season tickets, you can pay for a membership which puts yo7 next in line for tickets for which my Mrs paid £100 for the two of us yet she still hasn’t managed to get a ticket. Doubt Wolves are the only club in this position so anyone who cannot get tickets for Man City should be grateful it’s only this one game, not every game where you struggle to get a ticket. Thank god it was Man City giving us 8,000, imagine if it was Stoke giving us 4,000.

3 hours ago, Ben Stevens said:

Slightly annoying at how the club has gone about ticket sales to be honest... The first season in 15 years where my Dad, brother and myself didn’t buy a season ticket because of work issues of which changed after 5 games into the season so we have actually not missed a single home game this season only a few away games. We buy our tickets on a Friday for £20 every single week we are at home so I’m just as good to the club as a season ticket holder which we were for 15 years previous. Personally the club has missed a trick here plus made it very difficult for the 1000 average pay on the day supporters obviously this 1000 ain’t there every week but most weeks in a season. The club in my view should have said Two tickets for season ticket holders subject to availability from Wednesday 11th December until Saturday 21st December. For pay on the day average supporters (so we actually get a chance of a ticket this is !!) you receive a voucher when you purchase your Walsall home game ticket of which you can buy One ticket subject to availability for the Man City game from Monday 16th December until Saturday 21st December.... after that then general sale !! I find it very disappointing that there will definitely be about 500-1000 fans say in that away end that have probably not been watch vale since Aston Villa away in 2006 ! Sorry for the slight rant but very disappointed by the club on this issue personally... 

I sympathise but your plan is overly complicated. 

Everyone knows at the start of the season that ST holders get first dibs on tickets for cup games and away games. It’s no different than any other year. If you don’t have a season ticket then you run the risk of not being able to go.

No one is more of a fan than anyone else. We all love the Vale. I’m in the same boat as I’ve not had a ST for the last 3 years but I knew the score.

1 minute ago, MarkCh said:

Thought I'd done the hard work by getting through to the ticket office on the phone (season ticket holder, live in Birmingham), but have just been told there are no more tickets for sale at the moment. 

Weird... surely not sold 1200 plus this morning?

2 hours ago, Ben Stevens said:

Very Difficult in my position to just pay out £180 in one go a week before Christmas plus I’ve recently been made redundant and found another job on less money so paying £20 a week is the only option for me to watch Vale play at the moment. Just disappointed that there is going be about 2000  in that away end that are clear band wagon jumpers.... really disappointed 

Fair enough, I appreciate that Christmas is an expensive time.

Maybe a more affordable approach would’ve been to split the £180 between 2 of your group, and share the 10 games, or even 360 between 3 of you, which would’ve allowed 4 cup tickets, but, as I said, I realise it’s hard to find the cash at this time of year.

3 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Weird... surely not sold 1200 plus this morning?

There weren’t that many left last night, despite what it said in the Sentinel.  I was told that the numbers were down in the hundreds and single seats only.

As I understood it a chunk of the overall allocation includes tickets for players families, corporate etc etc.

Just now, Guitar Ray said:

There weren’t that many left last night, despite what it said in the Sentinel.  I was told that the numbers were down in the hundreds and single seats only.

As I understood it a chunk of the overall allocation includes tickets for players families, corporate etc etc.

Yes, that's the impression I got too, as I thought there were bound to still be a few left. But he said he had nothing left to sell to me, even though I was an ST holder.

1 hour ago, Woakesy said:

sympathise but your plan is overly complicated. 

Everyone knows at the start of the season that ST holders get first dibs on tickets for cup games and away games. It’s no different than any other year. If you don’t have a season ticket then you run the risk of not being able to go.

No one is more of a fan than anyone else. We all love the Vale. I’m in the same boat as I’ve not had a ST for the last 3 years but I knew the score.

How is it over complicated ?? It’s so simple mate... Season ticket holders are allowed Two tickets subject to availability from Wednesday 11th till 21st December. Then for the average Pay On The Day supporters you have to obtain a voucher of which you receive from purchasing your Walsall ticket on the 7th December (which was after the draw was made) do you can buy only One ticket but only from the 16th to 21st December again subject to availability. This still gives ST holders a full WEEK (as if not enough time anyway) to get your Two tickets and then gives a regular pay on the day customer a chance to watch his/her team play ? It very simple and then still gives season ticket holder priority in the first place... I will reiterate I’ve been a season ticket holder for 15 years and you have probably heard me for the last 15 years on Radio Stoke (Ben from Burslem) I’m just as much if not a more loyal supporter than the garden fence fan that returned just because we get a good draw in the cup ?? I know for a fact there will be people sat in the away end who never supporter Vale with £££ and sit on there back side at home not supporting our club... also it’s very annoying how the season ticket holder is allowed TWO in the first place when The Shanahans said they would like everyone associated with Port Vale FC (regular paying supporters) to be able to watch vale ?? I’ve now heard they have sold out and ST holders can’t even get one because old man Brian bought one for his mate who ain’t been for 20 years ?? Makes me sick the band wagon family of vale fans.. proper supporter here mate 

Archived