onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Man. City v Port Vale - F.A. Cup

Fosse69

To be honest Naz I dare say the view anywhere in the stadium will be better than at most of the places we are used to 🙂

Thanks for the info on the area. Wembley is a stunning venue, I went to Stade de France and although the view is good there its lacking compared to Wembley IMO with hardly any toilets for a start! Spurs looks a good one... maybe we can get them in round 4 haha! 

Advert

One idea,in the fourth round,could be STs can have 2 tickets in the first week of sales,then 1 ticket in the second week of sales.After that General Sale.In the 90s i can only remember being able to get one.Leeds away for example,I took 10 STs to get 10 tickets.Ted unwittingly gave me a bonus extra ticket .Thankyou Ted.

2 hours ago, Naz said:

I suspect the corporate hospitality is the block in the middle of the 2nd tier right behind the goal (Legends lounge).  I have a feeling the hospitality seats relate to the block in front of this which overlooks the goal.  You could also have seats related to hospitality in other stands for all I know.  Good to see Vale have sold so many tickets.  

I used to sit behind the goal in block 216.  Good view although I prefer watching football from the side over the half-way line.  I have heard that the view from the back of the 3rd tier isn't great but I don't expect you will be too bothered given the prices. The thing is to be there supportting your side in a big game.  

CIty used to take some big crowds in the Championship where there were some big grounds that weren't always full, for example I used to enjoy going to Blackburn and Sheffield Wednesday.  The two worst grounds I have been to in the Premier League are Goodison and Anfield.  I was at the back of the Anfield Rd stand and you can only see the pitch, you can't see any of the Kop from there.  They are re-developing that stand I here.  Emirates and the Spurs stadium are supposed to be the best league grounds.  I have been to the Emirates but not Spurs new stadium.  My favourite ground is Wembley.  The area around it isn't so good, but the stadium is fantastic.  You step inside the bowl and it's stunning.  You've probably been there too?

The Etihad isn't quite like that.  There are plans to redevelop the stand opposite you but it never seems to happen.  It needs to.

When City moved in when the Commonwealth stadium was built the area around was brown-field site.  It's built on an old coal-mine.  There used to be steelworks there too, and all kinds of heavy industry served by canals but of course that was completely derelict.  Initially the place was empty but surrounded by council estates (high rise and low rise).  Now a lot of flats have gone up which you will notice alongside the canals which go from the City centre and past the stadium.  There is not much to do around the ground, a few chippies but it's best to eat and drink in Manchester City centre before the game.  I takes 25 minutes to walk from the City centre, or about 20 from an area called the Northern quarter where a lot of fans go.  There's also buses every 5 mins from City Centre and the trams (City has its own tram-stop).  I prefer the buses.

A new music arena is to be built next to the ground holding about 20k, and when that happens we expect a lot of local businesses and entertainment to be set up, but for the moment you're best of being in the City centre first before you go to the game.  Mancheter City centre is quite interesting.  You will notice a lot of skyscrapers if you come in by train.  It's not a car-friendly City.  Roads are being narrowed.  Cycle and bus lanes everywhere.   

The company I worked for has a box right above the royal box at Wembley so spent many a game there. The catering staff who work the box also work at Spurs and reckon the boxes and corporate facilities are far superior at Spurs than Wembley, definitely a ground I’d like to go.

I’m slightly disappointed at the ‘TRICK’ the club (Port Vale FC) have missed here with ticket sales and not allowing there average of 1000 pay on the day supporters to get a chance to see Port Vale away at Man City ?? Firstly I can bet there will be around 1000 fans maybe more who NEVER go a league game or been since we went Villa away in 2006 ! That will be watching the Vale at Man City which is very disappointing when the only reason Myself, My Dad and my Brother didn’t purchase a season ticket after being a holder for over 15 years mearly because of working hours and not sure how many Saturdays would be available to us three.... we have been every single home game paying £22 on the day so far this season because work changed there plan and structure 4 weeks into the season... Back to the trick here... why didn’t the club say that season ticket holders can get two tickets subject to availability up until 5pm on Saturday 14th December. Then if you have payed for a ticket for the Walsall home game you get a voucher of which you can obtain ONE ticket from Monday 16th until Saturday 21st subject to availability as well as season ticket holders still being able to purchase TWO subject to availability.... then from Sunday 22nd December general sale of which there will be zero tickets available anyway because they have been sold to season ticket holders and pay on the day  voucher holders..... this makes it very fair for everyone involved with Port Vale on a regular basis.... Plus I bet the gate of 5100 would have been about 6000-6500 against Walsall ?? I understand season ticket holders have a right but you have taken away the right of a regular pay on the day customer at the same time ? Just going be very disappointed that there will be plenty in that away end that never support Port Vale FC with actual MONEY by paying to watch the team at home on a regular basis but just going for a day out and because it’s Man City ?? Makes me sick thinking there will be someone stood there with a Kalamazoo top on making out there a massive Vale fan !! This is from Ben from Burslem who you probably would have heard on Radio Stoke week in week out for the last 15 years... Peace ✌️  

I’m slightly disappointed at the ‘TRICK’ the club (Port Vale FC) have missed here with ticket sales and not allowing there average of 1000 pay on the day supporters to get a chance to see Port Vale away at Man City ?? Firstly I can bet there will be around 1000 fans maybe more who NEVER go a league game or been since we went Villa away in 2006 ! That will be watching the Vale at Man City which is very disappointing when the only reason Myself, My Dad and my Brother didn’t purchase a season ticket after being a holder for over 15 years mearly because of working hours and not sure how many Saturdays would be available to us three.... we have been every single home game paying £22 on the day so far this season because work changed there plan and structure 4 weeks into the season... Back to the trick here... why didn’t the club say that season ticket holders can get two tickets subject to availability up until 5pm on Saturday 14th December. Then if you have payed for a ticket for the Walsall home game you get a voucher of which you can obtain ONE ticket from Monday 16th until Saturday 21st subject to availability as well as season ticket holders still being able to purchase TWO subject to availability.... then from Sunday 22nd December general sale of which there will be zero tickets available anyway because they have been sold to season ticket holders and pay on the day  voucher holders..... this makes it very fair for everyone involved with Port Vale on a regular basis.... Plus I bet the gate of 5100 would have been about 6000-6500 against Walsall ?? I understand season ticket holders have a right but you have taken away the right of a regular pay on the day customer at the same time ? Just going be very disappointed that there will be plenty in that away end that never support Port Vale FC with actual MONEY by paying to watch the team at home on a regular basis but just going for a day out and because it’s Man City ?? Makes me sick thinking there will be someone stood there with a Kalamazoo top on making out there a massive Vale fan !! This is from Ben from Burslem who you probably would have heard on Radio Stoke week in week out for the last 15 years... Peace ✌️  

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

The company I worked for has a box right above the royal box at Wembley so spent many a game there. The catering staff who work the box also work at Spurs and reckon the boxes and corporate facilities are far superior at Spurs than Wembley, definitely a ground I’d like to go.

I went to the new Spuds ground in August.  It's excellent.

1 hour ago, Howjy04 said:

One idea,in the fourth round,could be STs can have 2 tickets in the first week of sales,then 1 ticket in the second week of sales.After that General Sale.In the 90s i can only remember being able to get one.Leeds away for example,I took 10 STs to get 10 tickets.Ted unwittingly gave me a bonus extra ticket .Thankyou Ted.

Ah, Ted! there IS A NAME FROM THE PAST. Is he still with us?

My opinion is that they should be put on General Sale on Saturday after the match. It'd mean people who go to the game can just walk out and get their ticket afterwards without having to also make the 2nd journey on Sunday. It'd also potentially boost the attendance. 

If they communicated that now, it'd give ST holders 72 hours to buy via phone or in person. I don't see the problem with that.

My opinion is that they should be put on General Sale on Saturday after the match. It'd mean people who go to the game can just walk out and get their ticket afterwards without having to also make the 2nd journey on Sunday. It'd also potentially boost the attendance. 
If they communicated that now, it'd give ST holders 72 hours to buy via phone or in person. I don't see the problem with that.
I'd agree with that, let fans you have a ticket stub for Saturday's match have first dibs.

I think it's already been mentioned on this thread, maybe next season they could do SVA membership cards for travelling fans next season. More away games you go the more points you get. Then your card gives you priority ,depending on points, to any big or popular away days. Theres mates of mine that travelled with me to Mk Don's and Cheltenham in previous rounds that haven't got tickets yet. That cant be right.

Archived