onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Man. City v Port Vale - F.A. Cup

Fosse69

Advert

Defensively Man City can be got at but attack they are on another planet to most PL sides...

I hope we can at least score as that would be a good moment... maybe JA in his post match drink with Pep can see if he can get a loanee in! Their U21's look decent in the EFL trophy games!

Issue with Man City unlike even most decent PL sides is the sheer depth so even if they make 11 changes you lose Jesus but get Aguero instead, lose KDF but get Mahrez or lose Sterling and get Bernardo Silva.

Either way what an occasion for the boys to go up against genuinely world class players.

1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

Defensively Man City can be got at but attack they are on another planet to most PL sides...

I hope we can at least score as that would be a good moment... maybe JA in his post match drink with Pep can see if he can get a loanee in! Their U21's look decent in the EFL trophy games!

Issue with Man City unlike even most decent PL sides is the sheer depth so even if they make 11 changes you lose Jesus but get Aguero instead, lose KDF but get Mahrez or lose Sterling and get Bernardo Silva.

Either way what an occasion for the boys to go up against genuinely world class players.

As individuals I often wonder what one of those players would be like at our level, would be make a massive difference and carry a team singlehandedly? But put 11 of them together and it really becomes an impossible task for a league 2 club to beat them. But you never know. 

2 hours ago, Smugsy said:

I think the definitive answer is maybe. This is from the City website and I would very much doubt that all the Level 2 tickets are sold from 207 to 223 so perhaps they are keeping some back just in case

image.png

I doubt you will get any more blocks I am afraid because of segregation.    I can see those blocks in Level 2 are not for sale but they were when I bought mine,  I am in 125 for this.

If you are looking to buy in the home ends don't buy in 110 and 111.  There's a few idiots in there (there's always some anywhere!) and they stand there to be next to the away fans.  There will probably be a fair number of none City season ticket holders and young families at this game.  City's family stand is the stand opposite you.    Stand to your right is where the KIppax fans were switched to, whilst the stand to your left is the traditional main stand (now called the Colin Bell Stand or West stand).   All areas of the ground are friendly with possible exception of 110/111.  

Our singing section will be centred on 113.  Drums and megaphone have been used in the past.  It's controversial.  You'll easy drown us out.

6 hours ago, wotsyobeef said:

I finally got through to the ticket office by phone on Saturday by ringing the club shop to ask if they could get someone to call me back.

They walked the phone through to the ticket office and someone spoke to me within a couple of minutes.

I had tried over 80 times on the ticket office number over the 4 days. 

Why , do you have a medal?

5 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Seem to have steadied but still at around 500 a day which is phenomenal really. Hopefully some are left for general sale, should maybe just put them on sale to everyone now its been a week.

Yeah exactly they’ve had enough time now, should put them on general sale now.

I suspect the corporate hospitality is the block in the middle of the 2nd tier right behind the goal (Legends lounge).  I have a feeling the hospitality seats relate to the block in front of this which overlooks the goal.  You could also have seats related to hospitality in other stands for all I know.  Good to see Vale have sold so many tickets.  

I used to sit behind the goal in block 216.  Good view although I prefer watching football from the side over the half-way line.  I have heard that the view from the back of the 3rd tier isn't great but I don't expect you will be too bothered given the prices. The thing is to be there supportting your side in a big game.  

CIty used to take some big crowds in the Championship where there were some big grounds that weren't always full, for example I used to enjoy going to Blackburn and Sheffield Wednesday.  The two worst grounds I have been to in the Premier League are Goodison and Anfield.  I was at the back of the Anfield Rd stand and you can only see the pitch, you can't see any of the Kop from there.  They are re-developing that stand I here.  Emirates and the Spurs stadium are supposed to be the best league grounds.  I have been to the Emirates but not Spurs new stadium.  My favourite ground is Wembley.  The area around it isn't so good, but the stadium is fantastic.  You step inside the bowl and it's stunning.  You've probably been there too?

The Etihad isn't quite like that.  There are plans to redevelop the stand opposite you but it never seems to happen.  It needs to.

When City moved in when the Commonwealth stadium was built the area around was brown-field site.  It's built on an old coal-mine.  There used to be steelworks there too, and all kinds of heavy industry served by canals but of course that was completely derelict.  Initially the place was empty but surrounded by council estates (high rise and low rise).  Now a lot of flats have gone up which you will notice alongside the canals which go from the City centre and past the stadium.  There is not much to do around the ground, a few chippies but it's best to eat and drink in Manchester City centre before the game.  I takes 25 minutes to walk from the City centre, or about 20 from an area called the Northern quarter where a lot of fans go.  There's also buses every 5 mins from City Centre and the trams (City has its own tram-stop).  I prefer the buses.

A new music arena is to be built next to the ground holding about 20k, and when that happens we expect a lot of local businesses and entertainment to be set up, but for the moment you're best of being in the City centre first before you go to the game.  Mancheter City centre is quite interesting.  You will notice a lot of skyscrapers if you come in by train.  It's not a car-friendly City.  Roads are being narrowed.  Cycle and bus lanes everywhere.   

Archived