onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Man. City v Port Vale - F.A. Cup

Fosse69

Advert

Amazing. 

We now have a terrific pair of owners who genuinely want the club to do well and are passionate about doing things correctly. We have a sensible manager who talks a lot of sense and was also tied with the club before taking up the position, what with his Father playing for the club and him being born I believe in Milton. And we also have a team to be proud of. They won't always perform every week and will slip up here and there, but we are no longer littered with foreign chancers and genuinely have what seems to be a close knit squad of old and young pros from these shores that are all chomping at the bit to do well, and want to work for each other. 

This tie is just the icing on the cake, and in the end it could well be the difference in January whether we finish respectively in mid-table or in and around the play-offs come the end of the season. 🥰

4 minutes ago, osprey said:

Robbie concert

Possible play offs

Pope hat trick 

Man City Cup draw 

in the words of Jim Bowen - Norman, look what you could have won 😄

He couldn’t have won any of those things. It is purely down to Carol and Kevin.

Smurfwaite would have dumped us into admin or at best carried on being a malicious pillock.

No playoffs, No Robbie concerts (as if Smurf would buy into any form of charity except himself) and certainly no FA Cup Third Round.

We’d just have FA with Smurf around. 

I'm one of the aged brigade and recall, fortunately happy FA Cup days with Vale. This tie now gives the younger generation of our Valiant family the opportunity of memories that will last forever.

Frankly I accept we my get tonked on the day but what a fitting and tremendous thank you to Carol and Kevin in their short tenure at Vale.

Whatever cash may be made out of the tie (or replay, lol) it should give back some faith and acknowledgment to the brilliant owners that they most certainly did the correct thing, putting their heads and beliefs on the block.

We have started to build a Club that rightly should achieve promotion very soon and after so many horrid, worrying seasons it is a pleasure now being associated with Port Vale FC. Long may it continue.

As for the game itself I will absolutely enjoy the whole day, come what may and I call upon anyone who might have an ounce of Vale in their blood to get a ticket and show the nation that we are on our way back. UTV.   Forever black and white.

11 hours ago, sandyford_valiant said:

Remember last time we played City in the FA cup when Clive Allen came off the bench for them and scored the winner with his first touch. That was a cracking game. Still got it on video somewhere. This will be a fantastic occasion roared on by over 7,000 valiants.,

I thought we were unlucky that day. 

12 hours ago, stupers said:

Just looked at the draw in full, likely TV games would be:

Wolves v Man Utd

Rochdale or Boston v Newcastle

Liverpool v Everton

Middlesbrough v Spurs

Gillingham v West Ham

Maybe Fulham v Villa and Preston v Norwich

Liverpool v Everton will be be the Sunday 4pm kick off with Wolves v Man Utd the early kick off. Just hoping it’s not on Friday or Monday night.

To boost attendances at the next two home matches give out vouchers for genuine supporters who can apply after season ticket holders have first bite.

It won't be the Friday night, nor I suspect will it be the Monday given City's commitments with their league game against Everton on the preceding Wednesday and their likely League Cup semi final on the following Tuesday/Wednesday. 

I can't see it being on the tele to be honest. Liverpool Everton & Wolves Man United are shoo ins, I suspect the Rochdale/Boston Newcastle game, the Middlesbrough Spurs game and the Arsenal Leeds game will be the other games. 

15 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I am confused about the £800K figure.Gate receipts would be around £520K based on 52,000 at £10 per head. We would get half of that after expenses, max £260K. Where is the other £500K plus coming from? 

I believe City have a habit of giving lower league teams 100% of the gate receipts in cup games. 
Also, wasn’t that match on TV?

Archived