onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

I didn’t think Archer did anything wrong nor did we miss Pope for the few minutes he was off the field. I would have made another sub in injury time just to slow the game down. Amoo being the most obvious candidate because he would have been the furthest to trot off the pitch.

Generally speaking we still don’t quite have that ruthless edge or do the game management stuff properly. At 2-0 we gave them a lifeline.

2 hours ago, philmpv said:

Anybody know where this jake taylor has gone to Brentford rumour has come from?

It’s what people were saying at the game, having thought about it, he’s still on loan to Vale till 18th January so maybe that’s what it is, a rumour.

Obviously disappointing to lose a two goal lead and to lose another winning position.

10 draws, 7 wins, 6 losses. 

On target for 62 points.

A competitive side, falling just short of the play offs.

Way better than expected in a rebuilding process.

Perspective is all.

Just watched the highlights back. Our first goal was quality, really well worked. Poor clearance from Monty for the first. On the second I don’t think there’s anything else Gibbo could have done when theres a players running at him who he has to go to in order to to stop the shot, plus there’s a player overlapping as well. Amoos come all the way inside and been taken out of the game with a ball outside him which leaves Gibbo with a man over. It looked like it goes straight through Brown, and that’s never a shot it’s a cross. I’ve said it before this season, but I’m convinced there’s an agenda from Sproson against Gibbo. Whenever I watch stuff back on ifollow when he’s on he is way way over the top in his criticism. 

It’s so incredibly frustrating as simple lapses in concentration are costing us dearly and we should be firmly set in the play-off places now.

Monty’s clearance for the first is a direct consequence of him not being aware his man had a yard on him so reacted late. But nobody was near Maynard, who everyone knows is a quality striker at this level.

The 2nd is a cumulation of errors. Nobody gets close to the man in midfield, Gibbo is rabbit in the headlights as he’s too far inside when surely we know enough about Hamilton now to realise he’s always dangerous against us, no idea where Amoo was and Brown didn’t exactly cover himself in glory (again). 

Add to the mix that we again didn’t make our full complement of subs to run the clock down if nothing more (although fresh legs might have been useful) and yes, the conclusion must be that neither the players nor management seem to be learning from previous disappointments of this type. 😡😡😡

41 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Just watched the highlights back. Our first goal was quality, really well worked. Poor clearance from Monty for the first. On the second I don’t think there’s anything else Gibbo could have done when theres a players running at him who he has to go to in order to to stop the shot, plus there’s a player overlapping as well. Amoos come all the way inside and been taken out of the game with a ball outside him which leaves Gibbo with a man over. It looked like it goes straight through Brown, and that’s never a shot it’s a cross. I’ve said it before this season, but I’m convinced there’s an agenda from

Sproson against Gibbo. Whenever I watch stuff back on ifollow when he’s on he is way way over the top in his criticism. 

What like?

Gibbo was poor today. I'm a big fan of him usually

Smith and Legg were stand out performers for me, and not just for the goals. Smith is superbbbb

Just watched the highlights back. Our first goal was quality, really well worked. Poor clearance from Monty for the first. On the second I don’t think there’s anything else Gibbo could have done when theres a players running at him who he has to go to in order to to stop the shot, plus there’s a player overlapping as well. Amoos come all the way inside and been taken out of the game with a ball outside him which leaves Gibbo with a man over. It looked like it goes straight through Brown, and that’s never a shot it’s a cross. I’ve said it before this season, but I’m convinced there’s an agenda from Sproson against Gibbo. Whenever I watch stuff back on ifollow when he’s on he is way way over the top in his criticism. 
I agree with the comments about Phil Sproson. Always has a dig at Gibbo in the commentary. Makes you wonder if there's an agenda there

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I think Phil Sproson has a history of talking down players he isn't representing on Radio Stoke commentaries. 

Well who does he represent? Surely the vast majority of the club's squad are with other agents. It makes sense he bigs up Taylor and anyone else he represents, but he can't just run down 90% of all the other players on the pitch!

Archived