geosname

Labour leadership

i have found jacko51 to be a very decent fair person on here and he has pointed out things he thought were wrong with both labour and the torys. I don't see how you can say that he is one eyed. Then again, you like making up untrue things about people don't you?

37 minutes ago, bobvale said:

i have found jacko51 to be a very decent fair person on here and she has pointed out things she thought were wrong with both labour and the torys. I don't see how you can say that she is one eyed. Then again, you like making up untrue things about people don't you?

Just corrected that for you Bob. 😉

56 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Thought I'd made it very clear on many previous posts that I DON'T rate Boris's personality that highly and for the umpteenth, umpteenth time, he wasn't my choice for leader--there I can't be any more unequivocal than that.

But, although I don't disagree with your analysis of many of Boris's personal traits, I can still retain a much higher level of objectivity regarding the political situation generally.  I repeat an earlier assertion; as Boris's best interests and present political situation are currently very closely aligned, it is very much in Boris's own interests to look after the interests of the country and in particular the former Labour voters who have 'lent' him their vote.  These two issues are for once, totally inter-related and therefore quite obvious to see if you can only keep open both eyes. Of course I shall not be in favour of all his upcoming actions, but it's plain common sense to see that he has no other rational, political way to go than to produce the one-nation Conservatism policies that he so fondly talks of.  Time will obviously tell, but I suspect that I'll be more accurate in my prediction than you on this issue.

We are at cross purposes here, Bill. 

35 minutes ago, bobvale said:

i have found jacko51 to be a very decent fair person on here and he has pointed out things he thought were wrong with both labour and the torys. I don't see how you can say that he is one eyed. Then again, you like making up untrue things about people don't you?

Bob..... everyone is entitled to their opinion mate, no matter how wrong someone else sees it, but do yourself a favour don't start making it personal.

1 minute ago, Bycarsbill said:

I don't think so, but as I said; time will tell and we'll have to see if Boris delivers!

My position is that Johnson is an unsuitable man to be Prime Minister because of his history.  Your position is that he is right the best man to be Prime Minister because what he does to enhance his own position will be right for the country.  I believe he should not be in the job in the first place.  You believe he should because he is a self-centred egotist and that is what the country needs at the moment.  We are both "one-eyed" as you put it.  The only difference is that your one eye can't see it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

My position is that Johnson is an unsuitable man to be Prime Minister because of his history.  Your position is that he is right the best man to be Prime Minister because what he does to enhance his own position will be right for the country.  I believe he should not be in the job in the first place.  You believe he should because he is a self-centred egotist and that is what the country needs at the moment.  We are both "one-eyed" as you put it.  The only difference is that your one eye can't see it.

Now your one-eye is not only reading things incorrectly, but you're attributing words to me that I've never written.  Specsavers should be a destination for you in the new year young man.  Have a good one!

9 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Specsavers should be a destination for you in the new year young man. 

That is undoubtedly the funniest thing I've read on here in years! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wrex said:

So you don't dispute any of the points made about Boris then? Okay.

No point, they've been debunked a million times.

Keep the far left lies and myths going all you want, it will damage the labour party.

I actually think a strong opposition would be a great benefit to this country. It's not looking good on that front however.

8 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I don't think that's a fair assessment of anyone on here Jacko, and I don't think it is correct of the wider electorate who have backed Boris so definitively.

They don't care about affairs, they don't care about smears, they don't care about dishonest and frankly racist twisting of 20 year old + articles, taking them out of context to try and label him as something he isn't.

You can call him a liar all you want, I'd happily take you on with Corbyn in a game of liar liar top trumps. They've all done it.

What we're saying is, even IF he is what you say he is, he is a million times better than the alternative.

22 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

You're obviously very much entitled to your own "position" but what you're effectively saying is that you don't think the millions who voted for Boris and his party are correct.  A tad arrogant don't you think?

49 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

You're obviously very much entitled to your own "position" but what you're effectively saying is that you don't think the millions who voted for Boris and his party are correct.  A tad arrogant don't you think?

As bob has pointed out, you are saying the same about the millions who voted for Corbyn’s mob. Equally arrogant, madam. 

• Like 1

On 22/12/2019 at 14:46, bobvale said:

also, please could I say thank you to you for your thoughtfull posts. I appreciate them very much in deed. my son said that I should come on here as I was getting frustrated with politics and am a vale fan. I don't have many people to talk to about the politics since my love passed away and I am not always well enough to go to my day center. so I am greatfull to you for listening and not just saying the same things that the others do and thinking that you can decide who cares about this country and who deosnt. cheers my friend.

Bob, that is a very moving post. It is a very welcome thought provoking point . That some come on here, such as your good self, for a sort of company and not  for bickering,  I doff my cap to you sir, and hope you enjoy - and get the respect that you deserve.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bobvale said:

thank you very much toyahw. Also apologys to jacko51 for turning her in to a man! merry Christmas everyone!

No need to apologise, Bob. You’re not the first! 😁

On 23/12/2019 at 11:54, Jacko51 said:

Churchill had history, and he didn't do to bad...

if I wanted labour to do well in the next election then the new leader would have to be either Yevette Cooper or Benn, but any of the other contenders are all chips off corbyns mould, and that means labour voters will again vote tory...

Yes some right so and sos have been PM and done a good job. David Lloyd George had an eye for the ladies and he was a great PM, John Major also banging on about 'family values' while he was having a good time with Edwina Currie  and he was.... oh forget that.

I have felt very sad over Christmas thinking about the decent government that we could have had and the people that we could have helped and the lying scheeming man that is now in charge. I saw that Jeremy Corbyn spent part of his Christmas day helping at his local homeless shelter and at a foodbank on Christmas eve. I DON'T THink Boris Johnson would ever do that in a month of sundays. And now the man who invented a scheme that has caused people to kill themselves (Universal credit) has been given a night hood. Shame on the torys.

davebrad. Labour had a leader like cooper or benn. His name was Gordon Brown and Ed Milliband and the voters rejected him.