onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Labour leadership

geosname

At least with his latest front-bench appointments, some common sense is returning to the Labour party under Starmer's leadership.  The country has been crying out for some sensible and more credible oppostion--it is especially needed under this current emergency and into the near-future and the continuing Brexit negotiations. I am personally delighted that all the early signs point to a vanquishing of the Corbinista's failed far-left nonsense--about time too! Thankfully, not only has Kier Starmer won an overwhelming personal victory, but it would appear that the balance of labour's NEC has become much more centrist and the majority of left-wing 'loons' have been jettisoned.  Although as many know, I'm hardly the greatest Labour supporter, but I have always maintained that the country needs a CREDIBLE opposition--something that was very sadly missing during the last 5 years of Corbynism.  For all our skaes, let's hope that Starmer can build that credibility in opposition.

Advert

5 minutes ago, ginge said:

She also praised and gave her support to notorious anti semite Nancy Astor 

She was good mates with Ruth Smeeth who was chatting with her at the Literary Festival.  They told some eye watering stories of the sort of stuff that had gone on.

14 hours ago, For Us All said:

Starmer's new cabinet.

Angela Rayner - Deputy Leader

Anneliese Dodds - Shadow Chancellor 

Nick Thomas-Symonds -Shadow Home Secretary.

Rachel Reeves - Shadow Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster.

Lisa Nandy - Shadow Foreign Secretary

Jonathan Ashworth - Shadow Health Secretary.

Looking alright so far. 

Would like to see Clive Lewis, David Lammy and Rosena Allin-Khan added.

1 hour ago, Regal Beagle said:

Don't give David Lammy any sort of higher responsibility than he already has if you want to even pretend like you can win the next election.

The man is an absolute lunatic.

Ten more years!!Ten more years!!

2 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Don't give David Lammy any sort of higher responsibility than he already has if you want to even pretend like you can win the next election.

The man is an absolute lunatic.

No suprise that you don't like Lammy

35 minutes ago, ginge said:

No suprise that you don't like Lammy

Why is that Ginge?

His terrible politics?

His disgusting divisive opinions?

His multiple inaccuracies when trying to drum up propaganda for his ludicrous opinions?

Him single handedly wiping £8m+ off the comic releif effort because he cannot help up but race bait?

Shadow justice minister....Someone who freely uses racist conspiracy theories and tries to politically profit from the holocaust. You've had an absolute stinker already Sir Keir.

22 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

He was at that school because he passed the 11+ not because his parents were well off. I went to a grammar school because I passed the 11+ then went to a university pretty much on a par with Leeds. Does that make me elite??!!

I passed my 11+ as well. Didn’t go to Uni but did Up to A level at Grammar School. It’s funny how people are inversely snobby about working class kids being clever and succeeding. I also learned that Middle class/Rich kids started with a massive advantage.

57 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Why is that Ginge?

His terrible politics?

His disgusting divisive opinions?

His multiple inaccuracies when trying to drum up propaganda for his ludicrous opinions?

Him single handedly wiping £8m+ off the comic releif effort because he cannot help up but race bait?

Shadow justice minister....Someone who freely uses racist conspiracy theories and tries to politically profit from the holocaust. You've had an absolute stinker already Sir Keir.

Is it true that he's already put a complaint in to Sir Keir about the lack of diversity in his Cabinet?

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

Is it true that he's already put a complaint in to Sir Keir about the lack of diversity in his Cabinet?

As one of Bozzers backers on here, I ask the question where is the diversity in the Tory cabinet, they are all Old Etonians and rigid Brexiteers.

7 hours ago, ginge said:

Looking alright so far. 

Would like to see Clive Lewis, David Lammy and Rosena Allin-Khan added.

Anneliese Dodds - Shadow Chancellor is very well qualified academically in relevant fields. Battled her way up to be a senior lecturer at Aston University and never had a job outside academia and politics. So massively out of her depth, even if there is the brain power. 

Archived