onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Labour leadership

geosname

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

Why did some of the poorest in our society vote for the Tories then?

Only billionaires/millionaires vote for the Conservatives,Tony.Don’t you know anything?😉Nearly 14 million people are now millionaires/billionaires, in the country ,who voted.

Advert

4 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

At least there's some direction, whether you or I or indeed anyone else agrees,  it is at least clear-cut. Unlike all the pot-pouris of a wish list ideas that Labour presented to the electorate! We all know that Boris does play fast and loose with the truth at times, but Labour has to work out why the majority of the population was still prepared to believe in Boris rather than Corbyn & Labour's fantasy project!

In my opinion we had to leave..... not my choice but we had little alternative unless we ignored a huge public vote..... in my opinion that would have been a huge mistake.

25 minutes ago, geosname said:

In my opinion we had to leave..... not my choice but we had little alternative unless we ignored a huge public vote..... in my opinion that would have been a huge mistake.

But if Labour believes that it's only about Brexit then they are well & truly sunk for a long time to come!

3 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

But if Labour believes that it's only about Brexit then they are well & truly sunk for a long time to come!

I'm not suggesting Labour's problems are solely brexit, they have wider problems than a single issue to deal with..... someone had to grab the crappy end of the brexit stick and it happend to be borris.... if jezza had as well it would have been a closer result, I don't think he would have won but the defeat wouldn't have been so total.

5 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

On 29/12/2019 at 17:21, Bycarsbill said:

Good grief!  What's happening? I'm having to agree with you on this!  However reading the double-page spread in today's Sunday Times about Labour's machinations over the leadership processes and rules, it looks very much like they haven't seemingly learned any lessons from the good hiding they've just been given at the election and the left factions and the Momentum crowd are still probably going to hold sway and try and elect a 'continuity Corbyn'!

I think the saying " the first step in solving a problem, is admitting there is one ". sums up the labour party. and until they take a long hard  look at themselves, they will be lucky to stay as the main opposition party...

In his traditional leader's New Year message, Mr Corbyn makes no direct reference to the election result or his own future,

"It won't be easy," he said. "But we have built a movement. We are the resistance to Boris Johnson. We will be campaigning every day. We will be on the front line, both in Parliament and on the streets."

"Make no mistake, our movement is very strong... we're not backed by the press barons, by the billionaires or by the millionaires who work for the billionaires. We're backed by you. We are by the many, for the many.

Jezza seems to see himself as some latter day Moses wanting to part the blue sea and lead the gentiles to his vision of the promised land. 

The only movement I saw is the bowel movement when the results from the red wall started to be announced.

The sooner Labour start representing the people instead of trying to dictate what the people want the better they will become..... I can't see any signs of it yet.

5 minutes ago, geosname said:

In his traditional leader's New Year message, Mr Corbyn makes no direct reference to the election result or his own future,

"It won't be easy," he said. "But we have built a movement. We are the resistance to Boris Johnson. We will be campaigning every day. We will be on the front line, both in Parliament and on the streets."

"Make no mistake, our movement is very strong... we're not backed by the press barons, by the billionaires or by the millionaires who work for the billionaires. We're backed by you. We are by the many, for the many.

Jezza seems to see himself as some latter day Moses wanting to part the blue sea and lead the gentiles to his vision of the promised land. 

The only movement I saw is the bowel movement when the results from the red wall started to be announced.

The sooner Labour start representing the people instead of trying to dictate what the people want the better they will become..... I can't see any signs of it yet.

Corbyn's still there?! Crikey, anyone else would have crawled away to lick their electoral wounds.

As for being a modern day 'Moses', he - and the Labour Party - will need an electoral 'earthquake' to part the 'Tory Sea'.

15 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

Only billionaires/millionaires vote for the Conservatives,Tony.Don’t you know anything?😉Nearly 14 million people are now millionaires/billionaires, in the country ,who voted.

That's most of the Labour front bench..... starmer, Abbott, thornberry, jezza..... and many more millionaires trying to lead the poor.

3 minutes ago, Aussie Rules said:

Corbyn's still there?! Crikey, anyone else would have crawled away to lick their electoral wounds.

As for being a modern day 'Moses', he - and the Labour Party - will need an electoral 'earthquake' to part the 'Tory Sea'.

I think they are relying on a tsunami of diarrhoea to carry them on.

Doing the same thing again and again expecting a different result = ?

But they won the argument don't you know...... like Hitler won the war..... Mao received the Nobel prize for his humanitary endeavours and Hilary is presedent ...... psychotic delusions. 

2 minutes ago, geosname said:

I think they are relying on a tsunami of diarrhoea to carry them on.

Doing the same thing again and again expecting a different result = ?

But they won the argument don't you know...... like Hitler won the war..... Mao received the Nobel prize for his humanitary endeavours and Hilary is presedent ...... psychotic delusions. 

Sorry Geo, '1984' and all that.

It surprises me there are folk who still equate rich men & women = Tory.

Labour has its share of rich men & women in its rank and file, but its power they crave and sod the people.

45 minutes ago, Aussie Rules said:

Sorry Geo, '1984' and all that.

It surprises me there are folk who still equate rich men & women = Tory.

Labour has its share of rich men & women in its rank and file, but its power they crave and sod the people.

All things on the farm are normal Barry. 

The pigs are at the trough and various Napoleons are eyeing snowball.....

8 hours ago, Aussie Rules said:

Blair had to overturn a bigger majority than that to win in 1997. All Labour have to do is to make someone similar leader and wait for Boris to make his own party thoroughly unelectable - as well he might.

10 hours ago, geosname said:

"Make no mistake, our movement is very strong... we're not backed by the press barons, by the billionaires or by the millionaires who work for the billionaires. 

could it be that the billionaires/millionaires/press barons/big corporations don't back labour cause everytime labour propose something, and are asked how are you going to fund it, the stock reply is tax the rich...we need them, we may not like them, but they provide jobs plus pay 45-50% of tax, you can only push them so far. 

1 hour ago, Heatwave said:

Blair had to overturn a bigger majority than that to win in 1997. All Labour have to do is to make someone similar leader and wait for.......

The disquiet within the party to calm, the disaffected to fall into line, the people to trust, the corbynistas to be hidden, the rich within the party to be masked, the foot in mouth brigade to be gagged, purge the party, hide the racists and not make any mistakes in 5 years..... and convince the voters that the money Boris is throwing at them it's a bad thing and that life will be much better when the pigs are at the trough..... good luck with that.... it wouldn't surprise me to see Labour split in half..... one side following the idealistic path to a doctrine that keeps failing while the other plays out the helping the disadvantaged card.

Blair moved right of centre, a strange place for Labour to be.

3 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

could it be that the billionaires/millionaires/press barons/big corporations don't back labour cause everytime labour propose something, and are asked how are you going to fund it, the stock reply is tax the rich...we need them, we may not like them, but they provide jobs plus pay 45-50% of tax, you can only push them so far. 

Perhaps it could simply be that Labour want everyone to be equal and the only way to achieve that is to reduce to the lowest common denominator. People are not equal, most don't want to be..... the country can't afford them to be.

Archived