onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Crawley Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Momentum as always is important, so the league blip needs to be put behind us. Joyce should be back and hopefully Browne fit. Pope dependent upon the presence of two giant centre halves? Usually a fruitful trip, but it will be John Yems` first home game as manager trying to end a poor run. Fancy a 3 goal away win to set us up for a tough end to the year.

Advert

Cant be many grounds we have an 80% win record! The one we did lose was because we had a man sent off and couldn't twice hold on to a lead. If you include friendlies as we opened their ground we've actually won 5 from 6!

Hopefully we can get back on track, these are having big problems and just booted the manager and sounds like they were bad Saturday. Joyce back... assume Browne will be well enough to cover for Woz so should improve the performance level from last weekend!

3 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Cant be many grounds we have an 80% win record! The one we did lose was because we had a man sent off and couldn't twice hold on to a lead. If you include friendlies as we opened their ground we've actually won 5 from 6!

Hopefully we can get back on track, these are having big problems and just booted the manager and sounds like they were bad Saturday. Joyce back... assume Browne will be well enough to cover for Woz so should improve the performance level from last weekend!

Hopefully those 2 will give us that little bit extra we missed last week. With the exception of Grimsby there hasn't been a big difference between teams in any game we've played this season so the margins are really very tight. 24 teams with mainly similar budgets and similar quality players.

Funny how many people who, not too long ago, were scathing toward Joyce , now realise his worth. Personally, I'm also glad to see that Burgess should be back  as I don't believe that Conlon offers any more  than Burgess has done during his recent run in the team.  What is for sure, is that we need a much better performance than against Walsall, as much as anything so that we don't see a return to Popeball, which was yet again evident last week. I feel sorry for Pope because he's not going to score a hat trick every week and can look out of it when he's not supported with quality service around him .  Inevitably, this then leads to criticism of him and the team.  At least we have Worrall due back soon so I'm sure that Askey will sort it, come what may against Crawley. 

I was concerned about Conlon's tendency to slow the game down and play square/ backwards before his injury.

It seems that his return has shown this again.

I hope this is being addressed, because he has talent. Good first touch, an eye for a pass and good energy for the press.

10 hours ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

Team for me 

Brown 

Gibbons Legge Smith Montano 

Browne Joyce Burgess Amoo 

Pope Cullen 

During the game try swapping your winger sides 

A very hard game but I feel with Pope being supported by Cullen the three points will be heading for Burslem .

UTV  

Giving Taylor a rest or just forgotten him?

Can't read it because I have an ad blocker. What does it say?

The long and short of it is Crawley have got rid of an employee who deals with the safety certificate etc and it’s caused huge problems which may see the game called off or behind closed doors. Crawley are saying it will be fine but their pod cast are not so sure.

Added to that there is talk the staff may walk out in support of said employee thus the game would be in doubt.

I think Joyce is one of unsung heroes you don't always appreciate what he does. We certainly missed him last week.I really hope we can get back on track, and not do the usual Vale thing of well they are on a poor run let's give them the points. Come on boys give the traveling Valiant something to shout about.

They'll be hoping for a new manager bounce but you can't fix a leaky defence over night. I foresee a solid away performance from us, restricting them to few chances and if we take a couple of the chances we'll inevitably create then we should be in with a good chance of victory. 

Hoping to make it four wins from four visits for me at the Broadfield Stadium.

Archived