onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Crawley Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

7 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

Watched the brief highlights on Quest and from that evidence we didn't have an attack of any note. Please tell me it wasn't so.

They were edited by the Crawley manager. Their goalkeeper was given MOTM which suggests we had the odd attack. 

18 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

Watched the brief highlights on Quest and from that evidence we didn't have an attack of any note. Please tell me it wasn't so.

It wasn't. These highlights are so misleading. We got in good positions. End of the day 0-0 was fair enough. We move on.

On 14/12/2019 at 10:57, Houston Valiant said:

Dreadful stuff to watch. Still, a point is better than nothing. Good away following. Brown MOM. Burgess played well. Montana couldn’t pass to save his life today.  The ball was in the air most of the time. One to forget. We’ll finish 15th, and build for next season, which wouldnt be bad considering all the club has been through. 

I beg your pardon. It’s Montano , innit it? UTV 

23 hours ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

You are correct .

Yes shouldn’t make a comparison with a club which gets 11 thousand home gates but what a team they are watch .

Armchair supporter I’ve being four games this season Northampton/Plymouth/Carlisle and Crewe Away enjoyed all them games bar performance after Worralls goal and Cullens goal v Carlisle.

I used  go all the time every home game and yes we are better than 0-4 Burton 0-5 Walsall days but we have a long way go till we see the magic of 6-1 Norwich 2-1Everton days and that magical season underAdams where Popey was shoot to kill (Ac/dc ).

Love good go for it Football so hope one day we can try play that brand that Brentford do it’s fantastic for a small club like ourselves .

We are ok though I never said we weren’t I just we need up it another ten per cent 

UTV 

If you are going to quote AC/DC at least get the title right.

Taylor had about 3 great chances (as he did with his free header from 6 yards out against Walsall) so we're creating chances still.

That lad's scoring run was no fluke. He is consistently getting into excellent areas, often arriving late. Great understanding and vision.

On 15/12/2019 at 22:25, Heatwave said:

Pope/Amoo had a good double chance in the first half, whilst Taylor could (perhaps should?) have had a hat trick. 2 he placed too close to the keeper and the free kick in injury time didn't look too far away. We did ok all in all, it was an improvement on the Walsall game. 

I thought we were a little off the pace on Saturday and sloppy in general. Legge saved a certain goal with his block in the first half but was otherwise a couple of yards off the pace and had Browny to thank for saving his blushes on a couple of occasions. Gibbo and Monty were also a bit sloppy. However, we kept a clean sheet (mainly thanks to Brown + poor finishing from them) so iut's hard to dig out the defence too much.

The main issue was the lack of creativity. We had Amoo and Browne who, despite trying their best, didn't create much in terms of a spark or quality in the final third to trouble a poor Crawley side. Often it was left to Pope to create anything of note - and I think he did exceptionally well especially in the 2nd half. All it demonstrated is that without Worrall we really do lack that cutting edge in the final third. The stats suggest that he's the best creative midfielder in the league so it's no surprise we miss him badly when he's not here - he's the difference between grinding out a win at League One MK Dons and holding on for a draw at L2 strugglers, Crawley.

Only other note is Askey's reluctance to use subs. It's no surprise now that this happens, but on a bog of a pitch entering a busy period of matches would it have hurt to make a couple of like-for-like changes on 70 mins? I appreciate that he didn't want to change the shape, but we had Atkinson, Cullen, Archer and Bennett as unused subs. Surely one of them could have been used to give Crawley something different to think about? Even a Ryan Lloyd for Burgess/Taylor in the last ten minutes just to disrupt play would've made some sense. The fact we used no subs at all is baffling to me - and a few other guys were muttering the same things as we left the ground.

Vale fans were quiet other than some weird young lads with southern accents who'd clearly never been to a Vale match before. I think they were just locals who fancied a bit of 'banter' but it actually killed any other atmosphere.

I think the decision to have the entire end open killed any chance of an atmosphere as everyone was spread out. 

Someone asked earlier about the bloke thrown out for the flag issue. He and his mates spent more time messing about with trying to tie a flag up in different areas rather than watching the game. The stewards wouldn’t let him tie it up between the terrace barriers or on the barrier in front of the pitch for safety concerns. Next thing we see is him disappearing on his own into the area where the food and drinks were and he comes back being shoved by stewards before being chucked out, my uninformed guess is that he’d gone to have a moan. All over a fkn flag. Didn’t watch any of the game the time he was there and ended up being lobbed out 15 mins in. A grown man ffs. 

2 hours ago, PV1973 said:

I think the decision to have the entire end open killed any chance of an atmosphere as everyone was spread out. 

Someone asked earlier about the bloke thrown out for the flag issue. He and his mates spent more time messing about with trying to tie a flag up in different areas rather than watching the game. The stewards wouldn’t let him tie it up between the terrace barriers or on the barrier in front of the pitch for safety concerns. Next thing we see is him disappearing on his own into the area where the food and drinks were and he comes back being shoved by stewards before being chucked out, my uninformed guess is that he’d gone to have a moan. All over a fkn flag. Didn’t watch any of the game the time he was there and ended up being lobbed out 15 mins in. A grown man ffs. 

And vice chairman of the supporters club if I’m not mistaken.

Archived