onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Crawley Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Mansfield just sacked their manager tonight!

Pretty poor. Brown kept us in it second half.
Another team at the bottom end of the table we've dropped points to, whilst picking up wins against teams near the top.
A worrying dip in league form just as we enter the Christmas period.
Worrall being back is massive. Tough run of games now; Cheltenham, Mansfield, Swindon, City. I imagine Mansfield will sack their manager soon so it'll be another new manager to contend with
5/6 points and then anything less than 5-0 vs City would be acceptable. Anything more is good. Think we'll probably enter the New Year about 12th which is probably a realistic indication of where we are. Then, its a case of who can we get in January to maybe give us a shot at top 7.
Massive credit to all of the Vale fans who made the trip today.

Advert

I watched it for 10 minutes and I saw two chances in that time. Great save by their keeper to keep Pope(I think out).

Thought we looked poor today.
We created little to no clear cut chances and could have easily lost the game if it wasn’t for some great saves by Scott Brown. 

5 hours ago, davehartshill said:

Thought we looked poor today.

We created little to no clear cut chances and could have easily lost the game if it wasn’t for some great saves by Scott Brown. 

That is my thoughts on the game also.

i thought Amoo had one of his better games of late.

7 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Scott Brown brilliant, our midfield went missing for spells in the second half, either side could have won. The most frustrating thing was iFollow showing replays while the game was still going so iFollowers missed some follow up play. Can't grumble, a point away, we played well enough to win.

Couldn't agree more about those replays....they did my head in especially as the radio commentary was still going on.....

9 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

A nothing game - the only thing worth mentioning is that it was ******* freezing.

Why on earth has Scott Burgess bought the same boots as Jake Taylor?  Taylor's orange boots was the only way I could tell the difference between them!

You’ll find they each have a different number on their back as well. Glad I could help but please don’t call me a sarky bar employee.

30 minutes ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

Scott Brown well done didn’t watch the game online but yet again I feel that second half the performance levels dipped and its not just the odd game bar the Cheltenham cup game we have probably deserved to lose each game on those last 4/5 second half displays but it’s ok we are tenth in league so all good in most deluded fans eyes we doing well ,we are not we need to improve considerably I’d love have Brentford’s manager here there a delight ,entertaining,great watch ,shoot from everywhere .

Vale are not 

But they have been.

So what's changed?

56 minutes ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

Scott Brown well done didn’t watch the game online but yet again I feel that second half the performance levels dipped and its not just the odd game bar the Cheltenham cup game we have probably deserved to lose each game on those last 4/5 second half displays but it’s ok we are tenth in league so all good in most deluded fans eyes we doing well ,we are not we need to improve considerably I’d love have Brentford’s manager here there a delight ,entertaining,great watch ,shoot from everywhere .

Vale are not 

We're 10th, into the third round of two cups, and have missed our most important player (one of the best at this level) for the past few games. This comes after nearly getting relegated twice.

To assert that fans are 'deluded' if they think we're doing well is a bit sillly; we objectively are. We're in a very slight dip at the present time which is going to happen but to argue that fans being pleased with 10th place and two cup runs is a sign of delusion is fairly baffling, my man.

To then make some form of comparison to the style of play a Championship team utilises, and use that as a stick to beat our side with, also leaves me slightly confused.

What's your argument? We've had a dip and don't play as nice football as Brentford so therefore fans who are pleased with our performance so far are deluded?

Vale are not 

Didn’t watch the game but then give an opinion on said game you didn’t watch?

Archived