Advert

Match Thread: Crawley Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Guest Vale at home
1 minute ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

Lack of substitutes is worrying? Surely some fresh legs somewhere would help? 😕

Yes I agree . Come on vale .

Advert

Dreadful stuff to watch. Still, a point is better than nothing. Good away following. Brown MOM. Burgess played well. Montana couldn’t pass to save his life today.  The ball was in the air most of the time. One to forget. We’ll finish 15th, and build for next season, which wouldnt be bad considering all the club has been through. 

Game of two halves really.

First half we dominated and Crawley sat deep but were dangerous on the counter.

Second half we sat deep and allowed Crawley at us... maybe as Askey felt we were too open to the counter first half? Should of made a sub or two.

Brown was outstanding but can see why Crawley are struggling as they couldn’t finish at all. You have to take one of those at home at least!

Taylor maybe should of done better with his chances and Smith maybe could of gambled on the Pope header.

Pitch played up a bit and Legge had a shocking moment but overall was solid against the aerial bombardment.

Second half we lost our way with possession and lumped it too much at times and became like a hot potato.

Worralls energy back next week and we’ve missed him. Probably need 12-15 points to be safe get them quickly and then see how long we’ve got to get a good total but good to end a two match losing streak.

Wozza with his delivery is a huge miss... of the 4 games he has missed this season we’ve failed to score in 3 of them.

Pretty poor. Brown kept us in it second half.

Another team at the bottom end of the table we've dropped points to, whilst picking up wins against teams near the top.

A worrying dip in league form just as we enter the Christmas period.

Worrall being back is massive. Tough run of games now; Cheltenham, Mansfield, Swindon, City. I imagine Mansfield will sack their manager soon so it'll be another new manager to contend with

5/6 points and then anything less than 5-0 vs City would be acceptable. Anything more is good. Think we'll probably enter the New Year about 12th which is probably a realistic indication of where we are. Then, its a case of who can we get in January to maybe give us a shot at top 7.

Massive credit to all of the Vale fans who made the trip today.

Couldn’t make the game today, but I watched it on Facebook. 
First half was fairly even I thought, Crawley looked dangerous on the counter attack, and Vale looked organised and threatening in spells. 
Second half was totally different, Crawley pushed their full backs further up the pitch and that meant Pope was completely isolated up front, due to Browne and Amoo constantly helping Gibbons and Montano. This meant Crawley started to dominate the game, but a combination of good saves from Brown and dreadful finishing, meant they couldn’t go in front. Vale resorted to hoof ball because of this and every time we got the ball we looked for Pope and as per usual the opposition picked up every second ball. This is no criticism of Pope, but he was either winning the ball and his knock downs being cleaned up or he was being out strengthened/jumped. Don’t get me wrong, Vale themselves should have done better with a couple of chances. Taylor should have scored with two chances and Browne had one. 
My main criticism from today was how Askey made no subs. We were crying out for a fresh pair of legs. Cullen or Bennett could have a made a slight difference, we could have gone two up top and gone for it. Askey’s thought process though may have been different because we could have easily lost that if we changed the shape, so it’s understandable from him. 
On to the next game now, Worrall is back thankfully. We have missed him massively and he goes straight back in for either Browne or Amoo. I didn’t think Amoo was that bad today, he made a couple of half chances for us. He certainly wasn’t our worst player. 
For me, we have been poor in our last four league games. 1 win, 1 draw, 2 losses. Something has to change if we want to keep up with the play-offs. Our next four leagues are tough, but if we could get seven points from them we could go into the new year with a bit of belief. 
I’m not going to be too hard on the boys because I think we are doing well this season. As much as three points would have been great today, one point away from home isn’t the worst in the world. 
Keep the faith Valiants! 

Archived