Walka003

January transfer window

4 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Pope scored though, for an old and slow player he didn't look that out if his depth. 

As long as the ball is in the right place the old head does the business.

• Like 1

I think the issues around potential signing of Jake are so complex we can’t make meaningful judgements yay or nay I basically trust Carol and Arthur’s judgement whatever they decide but it would be a shame to see him go.

• Like 1

Just now, Iron Curtain said:

UV hinting at a contract extension today.

Also stated earlier that Atkinson could trigger an extension. I’m not sure if they are the same thing or not.

I'd be happy with Atkinson, and probably one we need to keep with Gibbons a yellow from a 2 game ban. He is versatile and done a job.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, valefan16 said:

I'd be happy with Atkinson, and probably one we need to keep with Gibbons a yellow from a 2 game ban. He is versatile and done a job.

Depends on what he is being paid. He was one of the highest earners at Mansfield but probably on less with us. He feels his best position is where Joyce plays which I also feel is Conlon's best position.  Best I've seen him play is fullback. Hasn't done enough to date to secure a first choice position. But big plus is he can play left and right wing/ fullback in all central midfield positions and as a 10. Really comes down to how much he costs, what he's like in the dressing room, how much we have to spend and what else is available; plus how Oyeleke's rehab is going. He's never let us down (apart from one appalling bit of dwelling on the ball) but never had the impact of the better players in the squad.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Will Atkinson signs an extension till the end of the season. On of our better squad options, a good bit of business that.

Completely agree been pleased since he’s been here, always nice when you have a player that can play in different positions good bit off business start off with UTV.

36 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Will Atkinson signs an extension till the end of the season. On of our better squad options, a good bit of business that.

Absolutely. I like the way John Askey goes about his business. No drama and very sensible stuff. Atkinson is a really good utility player and well worth keeping till the end of the season. I'm pleased that one is sorted.

• Like 1

Happy with that... especially as he can cover:

Gibbo at right back (Which will be needed if he gets 2 more yellows soon)

Joyce as the Pivot

The Twins in the more forward midfield role. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Gibbo is 1 yellow away from a 2 match ban, (unless he doesn’t get one in the next 6 games I think). 

He is one yellow away from a 2 match ban if he gets booked in any of the next 12 games

33 minutes ago, pjg1876 said:

He is one yellow away from a 2 match ban if he gets booked in any of the next 12 games

I thought 32 was the cut off point?

On 04/01/2020 at 15:53, Valearmy19 said:

Would imagine 3 figures personally, never been involved with there first team and he isn’t in there plans.

Would go between £500-£700 region 

Personally, I would be amazed if he was on that little at Forest. Remember Jordan Slew who we took on loan from Blackburn, and who we will come up against at Morecambe (perhaps}? Wasn't he on something ridiculous like £10,000 a week as a Blackburn reserve?

23 minutes ago, Seamus O'Wye said:

Personally, I would be amazed if he was on that little at Forest. Remember Jordan Slew who we took on loan from Blackburn, and who we will come up against at Morecambe (perhaps}? Wasn't he on something ridiculous like £10,000 a week as a Blackburn reserve?

My guess would be 700 - 1000.

53 minutes ago, Seamus O'Wye said:

Were Blackburn in the Prem at the time? Forest are not at present.

9 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Were Blackburn in the Prem at the time? Forest are not at present.

Slew wasn't a kid either, they'd spent £1 Million on him.

Slew was sold for the around a million I think ^^ 

Think he scored a couple in championship aswell for Blackburn/Sheffield United, so was involved and playing in championship. 

Taylor never made step up to Forest first team If it was £1000+ I’d be very shocked think no more than 3 figures as he’s never been included .

Think someone said they bumped into his brother at City on Saturday and said he wanted to stay with us. Starting to believe however that PS will have an influence on where he goes as he’ll get a percentage of the transfer, if he was to go to League 1 would imagine he will get some money so that could have an impact.

Cant ever see him returning to Forest as he’s said he never wants to play 23’s again and with Forest pushing for top 6 I don’t believe they’d play him so hopefully he stays with us on a loan minimum. 

56 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Kennedy extends loan to Wrexham until the end of the season (and his contract)

Pretty sure that means they'll bring in a centrehalf; probably with a view to next season with Legge turning 35 this year. I'd imagine they have someone lined up.