onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

Walka003

4 minutes ago, Ben Stevens said:

OMG.... another with low expectations when his club has picked up £250,000 three weeks ago and now can’t sign two or three to help a promotion push ?? Bizarre thoughts... especially when’s everybody on here we’re telling me the other week after going out the EFL too Salford that we can get promotion this season so I’d rather go out the cup ?? Told them at the time we won’t sign required players to push us over the line... Another one Crewe and Cheltenham are on lower budgets than us this season and are in the promotion race plus we got promotion last time after being in administration at the start of the season.... did we get relegated the next season?? No finished 9th as a matter of fact... one thing Adams did tho was bring in proven players and didn’t moan over wages... we’re asking for three more players not a whole squad so I’m sure it’s doable but vale just don’t do it 

So what are the budgets at Crewe and Cheltenham?

Advert

Please give John Askey and Carol a bit of slack.

Firstly I would love for us to sign a couple of players that will improve the team and give us a push to the play offs, but remember getting into the play offs does not guarantee promotion and we would have very difficult games to go up.

Secondly, let's put our sensible heads on and look at a couple of probable scenarios. We know that John has tried to sign players and that he does not want to pay the over inflated prices being asked. Have you ever wondered why so many deals are done on the last day of the transfer window? If a club has a decent player that is wanted by a club going for promotion or trying to avoid relegation then the selling clubs is holding all the aces and demands top dollar. Can you imagine if that particular player is over 24 and his contract is up at the end of this season then the selling club risks losing him for nothing in four months. So let's assume they have been asking £125,000 for him, they know that on deadline day if no one will pay the money they want then they will have to accept a fee that someone will pay, maybe £50,000 or even less. Looking at it another way, would you rather the club spent the money available on one quality player player now or two or possibly three at the end of the season when player's contracts are up and we can use the money on paying a decent salary rather than putting money in to the coffers of another club.

Both Carol and John have the best intentions for our club and certainly with it's long term viability, so get off their backs and thank them for where we are now.

34 minutes ago, Ben Stevens said:

The next Bury because we’re asking for 3/4 more fresh faces in the team 😂😂😂😂 some of these vale fans have banged there heads here..... they are looking at the loan market for a start like Askey said so where is a loan player going put us like Bury then ?? Love this talk from Vale fans always use the doom and gloom to try back up low expectations from there team. Said it at start of season players like Archer, Lloyd, Tricket Smith, Brisley etc weren’t even worth having at the club because they won’t make an impact at all. Only so long Pope will keep dragging this club out the <ovf censored> tho because we can’t find anyone replace him still which again is bizarre.... I might as well bury my head in the sand tho because I thought we threw the towel in on the EFL Trophy for a promotion push didn’t we ??? Or  what I was reading on the wonderful one vale fan from many on here is that we have a chance of promotion this I why it was justified to play a weak team at Salford.... think I’d rather a possible day out at Wembley with a Trophy to follow and a 10th finish than just a 10th on its own because now all of sudden we can’t afford anyone to bring in and push the team forward in the league 😂😂😂 I’ve heard it all now the contradictories on this page are wonderful 

Eh????

53 minutes ago, Ben Stevens said:

Thought this would be the head buried in the sand approach of classic vale fans. Your going on about Norman when he don’t own us and didn’t have £250,000 in the bank from a tie against Man City. We have poor options on the bench which has been proved time and time again this season. To say it’s too early for promotion is absolute garbage talk when Cheltenham and Crewe are sat in the top 7 on smaller budgets. I knew we wouldn’t bring in fresh faces but instead keep flogging the same 15 players virtually all season. We’re garbage away from home that’s the reason we won’t finish top 7 in a season where this is definitely achievable with additional players in correct areas. I’m sorry to stir the pot but I expect a fresh face or two when we got £250,000 from the cup. Another one I will put back at you as well administration at the start of the last season we got promoted so YES when your only 5/6 points off top 7 in January you should be going for it can’t see where we will actually be good enough go for promotion then if it’s not a season where you have only lost one game at home in..... mights as well get ripped off in the summer instead then on player wages because they ain’t changing just getting higher or then your shopping for more Ryan Lloyd’s etc 

So that's the same Cheltenham and Crewe who we beat away plus Bradford to lump another one in there. Norman doesn't own us but we are still paying him instalments of £250,000. The clubs new owners are trying to build the finances to makes us sustainable in the long term. Under our last 3 owners we have gone into administration twice and could have gone completely like Bury at the end of last season. Never mind all that though lets just throw any money we aquire at players who may or may not make a difference. Jesus just look at our history and take a chill pill. We are progressing slowly but steadily. Quick fixes don't work in lower league football.

1 hour ago, toyahw said:

No but he's got about 3 million in his back pocket he drained from our club large parts of which the Shanahans have/are having to pay the thieving git. Plus he left a decrepit cess hole of a club behind.

Pity we do not have the Hugill money to spend as well

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

So what are the budgets at Crewe and Cheltenham?

48 minutes ago, mbycars said:

So that's the same Cheltenham and Crewe who we beat away plus Bradford to lump another one in there. Norman doesn't own us but we are still paying him instalments of £250,000. The clubs new owners are trying to build the finances to makes us sustainable in the long term. Under our last 3 owners we have gone into administration twice and could have gone completely like Bury at the end of last season. Never mind all that though lets just throw any money we aquire at players who may or may not make a difference. Jesus just look at our history and take a chill pill. We are progressing slowly but steadily. Quick fixes don't work in lower league football.

How do you know we have a bigger budget than Crewe or Cheltenham... Crewe have Green , Powell , Chris Porter in their team  , they won't be on peanuts ! 

I think its fair to be disappointed by a lack of January activity. I am.

Its also unfair to criticise the running of the club.

A business decision has been taken that value for money is simply not there.

We did bid circa 70-80k for Taylor but Forest want to keep him, which is fair, so we know that we have money and were willing to spend.

I trust the people running us to recognise whether this money is worth spending now, or in the more financially friendly climate of the summer.

34 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

Wheres Spainish Pete when you need him, sure hes got a couple of players to unload!!
I'd rather us keep our powder dry than sign players who arent good enough to improve us. And Colin Garlick is doing a great job, just my opinion though.

Ha, totally forgot about that. Around this time last year we that farce with those 2 lads on trial before Askey came in. World beaters according to Spanish Pete weren’t they 🤣

9 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I think its fair to be disappointed by a lack of January activity. I am.

Me too. But I'm not slitting my wrists about it. If there is no value out there give it a go with what we've got, at least we have not weakened (as yet) in the Jan window. Which is progress on previous seasons. And signing up young Jake for the rest of the season was good sensible business.

Archived