Jump to content

January transfer window


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Struggle to see why so many appear so keen to replace Monty.  He’s having a great season

I say hold on to the investment until summer. Better quality players available and more of them. Equally the club must remain sensible on the money front. These owners know what they are doing. More i

Another stat for those who inexplicably think that we are rubbish and Askey should be replaced (I struggle to not laugh when I type that) We have scored in 24 games so far in the 1029/20 season.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

No better than what we have then.

He had to be better than Evans to be third choice, better than Atkinson to be second and Gibbons to get a game. Never thought this one was a good fit for us, Forrest or the player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Wont be signing Gabriel on loan as he has gone to Scunthorpe... assume the fact he wasn't with the reserves the other day means he was not one we decided to persevere with

as already mentioned he’s got to be better than gibbons and Atkinson, so maybe he’s one of the players Askey was alluding to in his interview about players having to be better than what we have before we sign them. Can’t imagine he was one of the ones he was talking about regarding the parent clubs demanding a high wage contribution, purely  because of the relationship we seem to have with forest.

Edited by PV1973

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we don't weaken in the window, that is progress. Arthur is spot on. No  point splashing cash unless it will make us better. Plus we have done the business getting Jake back on board. If nothing more happens, so be it. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not commenting on it either way, but just noticed that some of the more 'vocal' elements of our fanbase are getting a bit antsy on social media regarding the lack of movement by us.

I'm content in that I trust the people making the key decisions these days, but its just a trend I have noticed recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn't care less about strengthening  in this window because the reality is that if we're not strong enough to get in to the play offs with the squad we've got now, then I can't see there would be enough of the right type or quality of player available now that would sufficiently strengthen us in the long term, or especially in L1. I would expect us though, to be  looking to improve the squad in readiness for a serious push next season given what has been achieved this season, where expectations and progress has been exceeded. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Not commenting on it either way, but just noticed that some of the more 'vocal' elements of our fanbase are getting a bit antsy on social media regarding the lack of movement by us.

I'm content in that I trust the people making the key decisions these days, but its just a trend I have noticed recently.

I don't do twitter much. And facebook not. But that seems to be the way it's going. What is their problem? Makes sense to me. We're doing alright. No point spunking money up the wall now. I'd be happier if we could get a few more of ours signed up and keep our powder dry.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, toyahw said:

I don't do twitter much. And facebook not. But that seems to be the way it's going. What is their problem? Makes sense to me. We're doing alright. No point spunking money up the wall now. I'd be happier if we could get a few more of ours signed up and keep our powder dry.

 

Iv'e deleted some of the accounts,but you have to wonder about the British education system when you read some of the comments,one puts up an axe chopping a lump of wood every time we lose, with the name Askey underneath alluding to Askey should get the chop because we have lost, what I found absolutely disgusting and unforgivable was after the Morcambe game the  axe appeared with the name Carol underneath, now I have looked for this since and can't find it, so I sincerely  hope it's been removed, I know that some of the posters are children and don't understand, but really, what have we come too ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mario said:

 the  axe appeared with the name Carol underneath, now I have looked for this since and can't find it, so I sincerely  hope it's been removed, I know that some of the posters are children and don't understand, but really, what have we come too ?

 

Really? Just glad I avoid it mate.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Joe B said:

Not commenting on it either way, but just noticed that some of the more 'vocal' elements of our fanbase are getting a bit antsy on social media regarding the lack of movement by us.

I'm content in that I trust the people making the key decisions these days, but its just a trend I have noticed recently.

I blame  the games FIFA and their ilk. The Premier League and telly (Danny Baker made a good point that Lower League was just as good as average Premier)

Also that there is  some proper spoilt brats out their who cry if they don’t get their way ( in their 30s)

Finally you can’t rule them out being half wits

Edited by JohnJames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Mario said:

Iv'e deleted some of the accounts,but you have to wonder about the British education system when you read some of the comments,one puts up an axe chopping a lump of wood every time we lose, with the name Askey underneath alluding to Askey should get the chop because we have lost, what I found absolutely disgusting and unforgivable was after the Morcambe game the  axe appeared with the name Carol underneath, now I have looked for this since and can't find it, so I sincerely  hope it's been removed, I know that some of the posters are children and don't understand, but really, what have we come too ?

 

Didn’t take long did it,Mario?Vale have some of the best and worst fans going.I suppose it would be silly of me to request that they look at the League 2 table.How many points off automatic promotion are we?The manager  not playing their system is always the classic.These people will never be satisfied.

Edited by Howjy04

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am lost for words how people can slate Askey tbh,you look where we have been over the last few seasons and where we are now,lost 7 league games so far(we never thought that would pan out after last season),will we lose more? of course we will but finish around 10th would be a massive improvement... I just think some people like the attention.

As for the owners.....unbelievable what goes through some peoples heads,we have OUR club back,money goes back into the club,people want to invest again,RW concert and doing better on and off the pitch.

Transfers.. yes we would all love see them but we have to trust Askey with the money,he didn't do a bad job at Macc with little to spend,yes we have had a few duffers but he hasn't done bad here either,i think some will come in and go out next week so lets just go with it.

Finally I think most of the sensible ones realised that next season will be the one where we could give the play offs ago BUT we aren't out of it this season either and who would of thought that come the end of January after last few season.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't name any names but the individuals on Twitter are those who literally moan about anything.

I think the most rational fans are the majority; would like one or two signings but trust the people running the club to know what they're doing.

If Pope gets a lengthier ban we'll have no choice but to sign a striker.

The most urgent priority is contracts; I don't fear losing anyone bar Worrall and Gibbons but decisions have got to be made as to who we are retaining so we can plan for the summer.

Edited by Joe B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be happy if we could get a young nippy striker in on loan plus another experienced target man to replace Popey if his expected ban arrives. Unfortunately not enough goals coming from the strikers at the moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect a couple of bids might come in for Smith next week and I guess the fear is we will have to accept one or get less in the summer,all will depend on how the club think contract talks are going... he would be a big loss BUT on a plus side all the money we know will go back into the club and we will move on,we have some good youngsters coming through as well,the left back out on loan and the lad who played centre half in the reserves the other day Lake? in the future we trust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two areas of (mild) concern are currently: 

What happens if the Smith situation does escalate during the next week? Are there contingencies in place?

Are we short of cover in the centre forward position if certain players are indisposed?

It would be nice to freshen one or two things up if we can, after a good few months since the takeover it would be a shame if the season peters out.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Santa said:

Are we short of cover in the centre forward position if certain players are indisposed?

We’re definitely short of cover up front, at least for a month while Archer is away. Pope potentially faces a further ban, leaving just Cullen and Bennett.  I’m sure we’ll be looking to recruit in that area.  Whether, or not, it happens though is another matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

We’re definitely short of cover up front, at least for a month while Archer is away. Pope potentially faces a further ban, leaving just Cullen and Bennett.  I’m sure we’ll be looking to recruit in that area.  Whether, or not, it happens though is another matter.

It's not a month after this weekend it's a couple of weeks. I'm sure they'll take someone if there is a decent forward available. If not Archer will get recalled and be in a better position for having played a few games. Assuming Pope can still play on Tuesday I think it's 2 matches when we are down to just Cullen and Bennett.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Please don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy