Walka003

January transfer window

23 minutes ago, Valearmy19 said:

Not sure if anyone watched the latest documentary on Sky? Was quality I never like Neville as a player but as a pundit/owner he’s really warmed to me! 

He’s the driving force behind it all really, always seems to be the one doing the most work and wanting to get them as far as possible!

If you haven’t seen it I’d recommend it it’s a great watch 

How could you not like Neville as a player (Gary)? One of the best right backs this country has ever produced. 

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Each of the class of 92 is  small minority shareholder. 50% of the club is owned by a Singapore billionaire whose links with Salford are tenuous to say the least. 

Peter Lim owns 40% and the class of 92 own 10% each making up the other 60%. 

36 minutes ago, WV said:

How could you not like Neville as a player (Gary)? One of the best right backs this country has ever produced. 

Peter Lim owns 40% and the class of 92 own 10% each making up the other 60%. 

When it was first set up the class of 92 was only five players and the split was 50/50.  Then Beckham joined the five and made them six!

2 hours ago, WV said:

Not doubting G Nev’s ability I agree he is still one of the best full backs as you mentioned England has produced.

Was referring to him as a person always seemed to be very arrogant think he’s like marmite to be honest you either like him or you don’t but as a pundit and the documentary’s on Salford and the one he did himself he changed my mind, seems a very passionate person and amongst other things so I have warmed to him 

Think he’s like Jack Grealish, I personally can’t stand him but you can’t doubt his talent. 

Personal opinion mate 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Just had a quick look at the Lincoln forum to see what their fans are saying about the Andrade transfer.  The fee is rumoured to be £200,000 and that's before you look at the wage costs.  I thought this post summed it all up though:

He says that Salford matched his ambition. What, to play for a manufactured club with no fans in the bottom half of League Two?

And does that imply that a progressive League One club with 10,000 sell-outs did not match his ambition?

What is his ambition, then?

Money, money, money Jean is his only ambition 😎

11 hours ago, Valearmy19 said:

Think he’s like Jack Grealish, I personally can’t stand him but you can’t doubt his talent. 

Couldn't agree more re Grealish.

• Like 2

One think you can't fail to notice is about 80% of EFL fans claim their team is a 'striker' away from their season targets.

Shows how difficult it is to actually attract one, especially this time of year. Everyone is out for a striker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 13/01/2020 at 19:40, Joe B said:

433 is a large part of why we're so tough to beat. Every time we've gone 442 (late on vs Grimbsy, Mansfield at home) we've looked dog. Most decent teams avoid simply because the middle is so open.

It doesn't suit our strikers but imo keep 433 and change the forward, rather than keep the forward and change the system. It clearly suits the likes of Joyce, Taylor, Burgess, Worrall, and Amoo.

Thats the problem Joe 

We play 433 to give us the strength in midfield with a 3.  Its am much a 451 with one lone striker up front. We then expect 60 plus goals to push for the play offs

Pope to get  15 plus and he has 8 finish with 12

The other 5  Worrall Amoo Taylor Burgess and Joyce to get 35 minimum and what do we have in there. Worrall is a 7 a season max in a good year, his best. Amoo 5 a season. Joyce 1. Burgess 3 and Taylor, the big surprise maybe 9.

Thats up to 20 goals short as a minimum. Bennett, Cullen, Archer no better than Pope.Conlon Manny or anyone else in midfield will not score the goals.

The player who would score the most out of those 5 midfield or wide players would be Montano if he played wide for a season and we all know he is not the answer but neither is no one else for goal scoring.

Askey chose 8 players i think for the two wide men and 1 lone striker and it has not worked. It proves to me that you do get what you pay for

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joe B said:

One think you can't fail to notice is about 80% of EFL fans claim their team is a 'striker' away from their season targets.

Shows how difficult it is to actually attract one, especially this time of year. Everyone is out for a striker.

Anything in short supply is expensive though, especially in January. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Anything in short supply is expensive though, especially in January. 

It would be plain stupid to overspend Jan for something possibly better and cheaper in the summer

• Like 3

I think it’s evident over the last 2 league games (Yes I know we beat Stevenage) that we need to get Taylor signed up till the end of the season minimum. 

We don’t have any midfield attacking threat when he’s not involved. Still believe we need another striker and a wide player. Would like to see Rhys Browne get a run in the side like Amoo has done personally.

Still it’s a work in progress and we go again Saturday. UTV!

10 hours ago, Valearmy19 said:

I think it’s evident over the last 2 league games (Yes I know we beat Stevenage) that we need to get Taylor signed up till the end of the season minimum. 

We don’t have any midfield attacking threat when he’s not involved.

I would definitely agree with that. I just hope we can agree a loan extension with Forest and we don't have a Jones/Anderson issue where a richer club comes in to nick our loanee.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, robf said:

I would definitely agree with that. I just hope we can agree a loan extension with Forest and we don't have a Jones/Anderson issue where a richer club comes in to nick our loanee.

Looks like Forest are going to make us wait 😐

I started the thread about the depth in our squad and I believe this is our problem. We have three games left in this month before the transfer window closes. It’s well known that players brought in by clubs in January are normally a bunch of misfits that don’t pay off. Only one team is being relegated this season and my personal opinion is that one more win from our remaining games will confirm our position in L2, next season. I’ve said it before that I was hoping to finish 14th and safe by Easter. I can’t see any reason why we can’t achieve this and some may say that from where we are now that it would be a disappointment and I can see their point of view.

So I’d ask that the players we’ve got that have performed well this season and are out of contract at the end of the season then extend their contracts. The ones that we haven’t seen and on the fringe need to be given game time so we can judge if they should stay or go (Archer)Those who have had a chance and haven’t produced the goods (Bennett) and those who don’t get on the bench, should be told now that they’ll be being released. This is fair to the individuals who can seek employment elsewhere.

We’ll need to persevere with the same starting 11 which at the moment is our strongest team. We only have to concentrate on the league so it’s not two games every week.

So sign no one and see how we get on, but this doesn’t give JA a get out of jail free card. There have been questions asked regarding JA this season around substitutions, tactics and a lot about a negative attitude. I don’t want to put a line through the play offs as we need something to aim for or the season is already over. I’d just ask JA to give us something that makes us applaud the okay or to get out of our seats and applaud on a more regular basis. I’d really like this to happen even if it’s no good fir the knee that I had an operation on a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SFBT said:

Looks like Forest are going to make us wait 😐

I still think NFFC is playing cat & mouse with us i.e. they hope Jake returns and plays top draw for us to up the price tag.

34 minutes ago, Aussie Rules said:

I still think NFFC is playing cat & mouse with us i.e. they hope Jake returns and plays top draw for us to up the price tag.

Be interesting to see how this plays out, i believe that we will get him back till the end of the season weather that’s after his loan expires (Saturday) because I think he’ll know that he’s guaranteed first team football every week and that he will be knowing he’s involved every game barring an injury/suspension.

I can’t see Forest involving him in there first team as they’re looking to cement a play off place so would they risk throwing him in I doubt it. 

Hopefully we can bring him in till the end of the season as I think that’s what he wants to do is come back here 

1 hour ago, Aussie Rules said:

Sellers market in January, if he plays to his previous form we get the benefit of his goals although we may not have him next season. Nature of the game, loan market is to off load or to enhance.

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

I started the thread about the depth in our squad and I believe this is our problem. We have three games left in this month before the transfer window closes. It’s well known that players brought in by clubs in January are normally a bunch of misfits that don’t pay off. Only one team is being relegated this season and my personal opinion is that one more win from our remaining games will confirm our position in L2, next season. I’ve said it before that I was hoping to finish 14th and safe by Easter. I can’t see any reason why we can’t achieve this and some may say that from where we are now that it would be a disappointment and I can see their point of view.

So I’d ask that the players we’ve got that have performed well this season and are out of contract at the end of the season then extend their contracts. The ones that we haven’t seen and on the fringe need to be given game time so we can judge if they should stay or go (Archer)Those who have had a chance and haven’t produced the goods (Bennett) and those who don’t get on the bench, should be told now that they’ll be being released. This is fair to the individuals who can seek employment elsewhere.

We’ll need to persevere with the same starting 11 which at the moment is our strongest team. We only have to concentrate on the league so it’s not two games every week.

So sign no one and see how we get on, but this doesn’t give JA a get out of jail free card. There have been questions asked regarding JA this season around substitutions, tactics and a lot about a negative attitude. I don’t want to put a line through the play offs as we need something to aim for or the season is already over. I’d just ask JA to give us something that makes us applaud the okay or to get out of our seats and applaud on a more regular basis. I’d really like this to happen even if it’s no good fir the knee that I had an operation on a couple of years ago.

The problem is, if we have a poor end to the season it’s not going to inspire season tickets sales, which in turn defines our budget for next season.

I think sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate. Which in this case means we should bring 2-3 players that can go into the first team, which hopefully has a positive effect on our style of play and remaining results. 

Anyone who saw last night’s game (I watched it on ifollow, but feel sorry for the fans who went) will know we aren’t going to increase our fan base with that team. We are too predictable and didn’t have a shot until the 58th minute. We will not get promotion with Pope, Bennett or Cullen up top on their own and the wingers / inside forwards do not score enough. There is a lot to be done, so every transfer window is important in trying to build a team that can genuinely be promotion contenders and to keep the positive feel good factor up. 

Managers often talk about making a signing or two to ‘freshen up’ a side. If ever there was a definition of a side that needed freshening up then it’s us.