onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

Walka003

10 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

I’ve asked him, simply because some of the dm’s, where in such language it actually made me cry. I can’t belive, people think they can talk to others fans, in such a way. Even though you disagree,  there’s still a human being in the other end.

I think you copped for the flak, not because your post was...ill-considered...but, because you seemed to be supporting Alchemist's post...which was never going to win you friends! There was also the post slating Bennett - before he got 2 goals against 2nd placed Exeter...think about what you want to say...then re-read it? Sometimes, passion and emotion are not the basis for the most sensible of posts? I'm sorry your love for the Vale has brought you abuse - that shouldn't happen! 

Advert

2 hours ago, Alchemist said:

Transfer window couldn’t have gone any better? Expectations have been lowered in the last 12 months. However we can have some new seats, shame no one can sit on them though.

Expel this prat before he gets up a head of steam. Free speech is one thing  but we've had enough of total wind up merchants 

What's the crack at Macc ? They've signed two one from Spurs,why would anyone want to go there especially when you know they don't pay up on time,Spurs especially, why would they allow one of their young players to move north and go to such a disfunctional outfit ?

30 minutes ago, Mario said:

Just look at the upset that Alchemist's wind up posts have caused.

Steady on, don’t think I can be blamed if Joe starts name calling Danish with an aggressive post. I have expressed an opinion on an open forum about the lack of transfer activity. A lot of people disagree some will agree, but it’s just opinions. I didn’t realise that i had to agree with everyone.

Interesting few hours have now passed based on the transfer window. Peoples emotions running high and only time will tell if the lack of spending will be in the best interests of Port Vale and their fortunes in the years ahead. We are close to an extended season via the playoffs and Salford today may well indicate our direction. Irrespective of promotion we are in a much better position and in safe hands our future no longer depends on frittering away our assets and i suppose we should all be grateful.

Shhh, you're not allowed to say that.
I myself, have tried to rationalize the incoming some on here, are expecting the Vale to have from the Robbie concert. But my fear, not that I'm allowed to have it apparently is, that I really really fear, that the concert could see us end up with a loss. Having to spend hundreds of thousands to finish a stand, we can only put people in for concerts. And then having to turn every single penny of profit, over to the charities. And yes, they do need them more than us, no doubt about that! But I just fear, that all the things having to be done in the stadium being brought forward, will make our budget suffer in the summer. I'm not saying we should go all Salford, by any means, but just an increase maybe from 1,6 to 1,8-2,0 million, would make me more than happy! And that should indeed be possible, with the Cup runs we've had this year!
Jeez ! Another one!!!!

Transfer window couldn’t have gone any better? Expectations have been lowered in the last 12 months. However we can have some new seats, shame no one can sit on them though.

Oh contrare

Expectations have rocketed , we no longer have a tool running the club who allegedly had to put 30k a week into the club

Had he produced proper accounts we could of course compared detailed P&L during his tenure and after , but alas he chose not to.

Without quoting Alchemist directly, perhaps he/she, or somebody, can explain to me how they can possibly believe that expectations are lower now than they were under the Sexman, who’d managed to dredge every last drop of hope from all bar the most foolhardy fans.

In fact the issue is just the opposite, to the point where some fans expect us to be blowing the likes of little Salford out of he water in the transfer market, as we sign the multitude of big name stars who’re beating a path to play for us during our inexorable climb into the promotion places, and inevitable promotion, in this, our new owners first season at the helm, notwithstanding the fact that the new owners were stood at the prow of a sinking ship when they first came on board.

I fear some folk have delusions of grandeur, perhaps heightened by the recent visit to the Etihad.

11 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

I didn’t put my point across very well. My point is actuallt totally harmless and in no way shape or form, want to take money away, from these much needing charities.

But having dm’s being called everthing from garbage to Hitler, is way over the top!  It had me in tears, as I feel misunderstood and I get all this foul abuse thrown at me. Based on a poorly worded post.

Report them Danish Valiant.

There are a few vicious bullies on here and it is time it stopped.

12 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

Wow, get of your high horse there Corbyn. And maybe try and understand what I've written?

Where have I said, that I don't want us to help? And what does calling me 'an utter heartless weirdo' help anything? Especially since it's absolute complete and utter nonsense and couldn't be further from the truth! Actually: how f...... dare you!!! 😡I actually wrote, that I think it's a very good cause and they need it more than us! And I absolutely applaud the club, for putting on the show to help! More power to them! 

But my one and only point is this: when the concert was announced, SOME people (as in NOT ME) saw this, as our summer cash cow. All I'm saying is: it's not. And I've been trying to make that point, since I saw the first mention of a profit on here. 

That's not what you said. You weren't making the point that some people thought it was a cash cow. You were moaning that all of the money was going to charity, and we weren't getting any for the budget, so don't re-interpret what you wrote after being called out for it.

"I fear... will make our buget suffer",

"have to turn over all of our money".

Your message was clear.

However, I would like to apologise for the OTT response. Although your post is still a silly position to take it would appear you didn't intend it to be taken in the way it is written. If you've received abuse that's obviously incorrect.

However, my point still stands; you moaned about all the Robbie money going to charity, which is a really poor position to take, whether it was intentional or not.

Archived