onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

Walka003

Absolutely f****** incredible that some absolute specimens have the audacity to criticise the club for saving lives.

Imagine if the club turned around and said 'the proceeds will be 70% Donna Louise/Unicef and 30% Port Vale War Chest'.

We're basically saying, 'well, dying children are quite important, but we want some money too! The fans are restless and are demanding a new striker! Apologise to the poverty-stricken orphans; Nicky Ajose's on the market!".

Sorry folks I'm ranting but I'm absolutely incensed by this clown's repeated criticism of us hosting a massive charity concert. Genuinely needs to self-reflect on what's important in life.

Advert

27 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Bennett frustrates me SOOOO much!!! He scores good goals sometimes, then goes absolutely awol for months on end, before turning up with 2 goals out of the blue Tuesday. I was at Scunthorpe where he also started. To say he was 2 levels beneath poor in that game, is understatement of the Century!

Yeah, that's him in a nutshell. But as a third choice striker I have no problem with him, as he'll have the odd game where he puts in a performance from nowhere. I also think he fits into that category of very much being a confidence player. His confidence should be up so I'd start him tomorrow over Pope.

34 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Shhh, you're not allowed to say that.

I myself, have tried to rationalize the incoming some on here, are expecting the Vale to have from the Robbie concert. But my fear, not that I'm allowed to have it apparently is, that I really really fear, that the concert could see us end up with a loss. Having to spend hundreds of thousands to finish a stand, we can only put people in for concerts. And then having to turn every single penny of profit, over to the charities. And yes, they do need them more than us, no doubt about that! But I just fear, that all the things having to be done in the stadium being brought forward, will make our budget suffer in the summer. I'm not saying we should go all Salford, by any means, but just an increase maybe from 1,6 to 1,8-2,0 million, would make me more than happy! And that should indeed be possible, with the Cup runs we've had this year!

That’s a shocker of a post. The concert should never be considered as part of a money making exercise for this or future transfer windows, it’s all about the heightened publicity that such an important high profile charity gig provides the club and the area.

I’m sure I read or heard somewhere that the seats would be paid for by the gig organisers or am I imagining that?

38 minutes ago, Alchemist said:

Transfer window couldn’t have gone any better? Expectations have been lowered in the last 12 months. However we can have some new seats, shame no one can sit on them though.

Are you okay? In January in years gone by, we have added absolute trash and lost some of our best players. We have done neither this window. Added two players, who will add undoubted competition. We haven’t added unnecessary quantity. Look at last January, where are most of them lads now? I think some people are expecting us to go out and spend £250,000 on ST. Not going to happen lads. We could have took a punt on young lad, but nine times out of ten, they are no better than what we already have, so what’s the point? I’m sure people on here don’t understand how football works. Some think a new signing guarantees success. Like I’ve said before, in Askey we trust. 

28 minutes ago, Joe B said:

The money will go to dying children, you complete and utter heartless weirdo. We're doing a monumental good which trascends whether the budget goes up by £200,000, should your baseless accusations have a crumb of truth. Our transfer budget is nowhere ner as important.

"Turn every penny over' like we're getting held up at gunpoint, "really, really fear" like you're scared that money might have to be used for things bigger than a League 2 club's transfer budget.

'The budget will suffer if we help kids with life-threatening illnessess'. Get a grip.

I'm honestly embarrassed to be associated with some Vale fans at times. Utter shambles.

Wow, get of your high horse there Corbyn. And maybe try and understand what I've written?

Where have I said, that I don't want us to help? And what does calling me 'an utter heartless weirdo' help anything? Especially since it's absolute complete and utter nonsense and couldn't be further from the truth! Actually: how f...... dare you!!! 😡I actually wrote, that I think it's a very good cause and they need it more than us! And I absolutely applaud the club, for putting on the show to help! More power to them! 

But my one and only point is this: when the concert was announced, SOME people (as in NOT ME) saw this, as our summer cash cow. All I'm saying is: it's not. And I've been trying to make that point, since I saw the first mention of a profit on here. 

37 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

I myself, have tried to rationalize the incoming some on here, are expecting the Vale to have from the Robbie concert. But my fear, not that I'm allowed to have it apparently is, that I really really fear, that the concert could see us end up with a loss. Having to spend hundreds of thousands to finish a stand, we can only put people in for concerts. And then having to turn every single penny of profit, over to the charities. And yes, they do need them more than us, no doubt about that! But I just fear, that all the things having to be done in the stadium being brought forward, will make our budget suffer in the summer. I'm not saying we should go all Salford, by any means, but just an increase maybe from 1,6 to 1,8-2,0 million, would make me more than happy! And that should indeed be possible, with the Cup runs we've had this year!

How come you know so much about where the income from the gig goes? "Every single penny"??? - how do you know? Maybe it's only ticket sales, and we will get profit from the concessions - I don't know? Maybe we will get a cut from live TV and streaming? - I don't know...do you? And wasn't there mention of more gigs being organized for Vale Park? In which case, the infrastructure will be already there and, as there has been no mention of these being for charity, we will make money out of these! So, basically, your snide little "Shhh, you're not allowed to say that." comment could have been left unsaid? And, incidentally, if some of the transfer kitty has gone on securing Clarke and Taylor, till the end of the season and extending Worrall's contract ( as rumoured) - that. to me, is decent investment! 

6 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

How come you know so much about where the income from the gig goes? "Every single penny"??? - how do you know? Maybe it's only ticket sales, and we will get profit from the concessions - I don't know? Maybe we will get a cut from live TV and streaming? - I don't know...do you? And wasn't there mention of more gigs being organized for Vale Park? In which case, the infrastructure will be already there and, as there has been no mention of these being for charity, we will make money out of these! So, basically, your snide little "Shhh, you're not allowed to say that." comment could have been left unsaid? And, incidentally, if some of the transfer kitty has gone on securing Clarke and Taylor, till the end of the season and extending Worrall's contract ( as rumoured) - that. to me, is decent investment! 

As it's a charity gig, the common norm is "all profits go to said charity". So that, in my view, is all money that comes in. From tickets, to concessions and merchandise sales (Robbies, not ours).

And if, as I've just read, the concert organizers pays to get the seats put in, then fantastic! My initial "shhh" comment, was simply meant for the fact, that we'll have hundreds of new seats put in, that can only be used for concerts. Not that it's a problem in itself that the seats will, finally, be put in. But it's not like we'll have concerts every weekend we don't play away. It will be 1 maybe 2 in the summer period. But say we get Man City at home next season, we will 100% sell out. Just not in half the Lorne Street, as they can't be used. Get my point?

Let's just agree to disagree on this seat situation 🙂

1 hour ago, Danish Valiant said:

You have had an absolute nightmare here.

Might be worth asking RobF if he can delete this for you. 

Just stop and think about what you have written. 

27 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

You have had an absolute nightmare here.

Might be worth asking RobF if he can delete this for you. 

Just stop and think about what you have written. 

I didn’t put my point across very well. My point is actuallt totally harmless and in no way shape or form, want to take money away, from these much needing charities.

But having dm’s being called everthing from garbage to Hitler, is way over the top!  It had me in tears, as I feel misunderstood and I get all this foul abuse thrown at me. Based on a poorly worded post.

37 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

As it's a charity gig, the common norm is "all profits go to said charity". So that, in my view, is all money that comes in. From tickets, to concessions and merchandise sales (Robbies, not ours).

And if, as I've just read, the concert organizers pays to get the seats put in, then fantastic! My initial "shhh" comment, was simply meant for the fact, that we'll have hundreds of new seats put in, that can only be used for concerts. Not that it's a problem in itself that the seats will, finally, be put in. But it's not like we'll have concerts every weekend we don't play away. It will be 1 maybe 2 in the summer period. But say we get Man City at home next season, we will 100% sell out. Just not in half the Lorne Street, as they can't be used. Get my point?

Let's just agree to disagree on this seat situation 🙂

You haven’t thought this one through. Not strictly all the “profits” will go to charity.  What about the spin offs from the raised profile of the club?  Corporate hospitality, sponsorship, sales of club merchandise, increased gate receipts, the list goes on.  It’s a fantastic opportunity for the club to market itself and increase revenue from these other streams.

Carol had said that there will be further concerts.  These may be more commercial promotions rather than charity events, who knows.

I think you need to to at the bigger picture.

7 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

You haven’t thought this one through. Not strictly all the “profits” will go to charity.  What about the spin offs from the raised profile of the club?  Corporate hospitality, sponsorship, sales of club merchandise, increased gate receipts, the list goes on.  It’s a fantastic opportunity for the club to market itself and increase revenue from these other streams.

Carol had said that there will be further concerts.  These may be more commercial promotions rather than charity events, who knows.

I think you need to look at the bigger picture.

Edit

23 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

I didn’t put my point across very well. My point is actuallt totally harmless and in no way shape or form, want to take money away, from these much needing charities.

But having dm’s being called everthing from garbage to Hitler, is way over the top!  It had me in tears, as I feel misunderstood and I get all this foul abuse thrown at me. Based on a poorly worded post.

Hence my friendly advice... I would ask Rob F to kindly remove the post.

Im sure you didn’t mean it in that way... sometimes it’s hard to judge how messages that are written come across to others.

Just now, Iron Curtain said:

Hence my friendly advice... I would ask Rob F to kindly remove the post.

Im sure you didn’t mean it in that way... sometimes it’s hard to judge how messages that are written come across to others.

I’ve asked him, simply because some of the dm’s, where in such language it actually made me cry. I can’t belive, people think they can talk to others fans, in such a way. Even though you disagree,  there’s still a human being in the other end.

3 hours ago, robf said:

Not sure that's fair. Last transfer window under NS seem to be the ethos of bring in any old player - with several of them being nowhere near first-team standard. What was the point of Mark Harris, Callum Whelan, Tony Edser and Danny Elliott being signed?

This window we have done two loan deals - Taylor and Clark - who will almost certainly be in every first team squad and not just gone out and added players for the sake of it. In the summer the current owners already produced a far better squad than we've had in some years anyhow, so I think we've got plenty of cover for most positions anyhow so why bring in players just because it's deadline day?

Very patient post Rob. But these clowns are just trolling. 
they are on Facebook, Twitter and emailing Colin and Carol with their grossly stupid stupidity.

They have clearly upset Carol and Colin with their BS.  

I don’t mind people having ridiculous opinions but there are people posting unjust derogatory remarks  who in my opinion should just be banned.

Archived