onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

Walka003

Advert

I’m pretty content with our business and where we are. No point blowing money for the sake of it if we can say use it on wages to get good free agents in the summer for example and put it to keeping key players who are out of contract.

Rumours Worrall has penned a two year deal... if true that would be the best deadline present!

That would be fantastic news.
Not particularly surprising though, as he seems to absolutely love it at Vale. He celebrated one of the goals on Tuesday with the ball boys!

No idea how true but a few mentions on social media and Bowers news wasn’t a new signing judging by his responses tonight.

This transfer window couldn’t have gone any better in my opinion. We haven’t lost anybody who is significant, but we have managed to re-sign Clark and Taylor. Two players who add healthy competition to an already competitive squad. Anybody who is disappointed by this transfer window needs their head wobbling. Don’t get me wrong, I would have loved another forward, but at the same time I’d rather us not pay extortionate prices. Wait until the summer to add quality rather than quantity in January. In Carol and John we trust! 

1 minute ago, Portvale4 said:

This transfer window couldn’t have gone any better in my opinion. We haven’t lost anybody who is significant, but we have managed to re-sign Clark and Taylor. Two players who add healthy competition to an already competitive squad. Anybody who is disappointed by this transfer window needs their head wobbling. Don’t get me wrong, I would have loved another forward, but at the same time I’d rather us not pay extortionate prices. Wait until the summer to add quality rather than quantity in January. In Carol and John we trust! 

To be fair we were never going to get the forward we want in this window. Not even the slightest chance. He frustrates me at times but there's a player in there somewhere in Richie Bennett, while Pope will always score goals if you give him the right service. But for me Pope is now a horses for courses type player. Cullen also hasn't let himself down when he's played to be fair and I think would be different gravy with a run of games. Whether he can get them though is another thing.

1 minute ago, TylerB said:

To be fair we were never going to get the forward we want in this window. Not even the slightest chance. He frustrates me at times but there's a player in there somewhere in Richie Bennett, while Pope will always score goals if you give him the right service. But for me Pope is now a horses for courses type player. Cullen also hasn't let himself down when he's played to be fair and I think would be different gravy with a run of games. Whether he can get them though is another thing.

Bennett frustrates me SOOOO much!!! He scores good goals sometimes, then goes absolutely awol for months on end, before turning up with 2 goals out of the blue Tuesday. I was at Scunthorpe where he also started. To say he was 2 levels beneath poor in that game, is understatement of the Century!

7 minutes ago, Alchemist said:

Transfer window couldn’t have gone any better? Expectations have been lowered in the last 12 months. However we can have some new seats, shame no one can sit on them though.

Great window, not one star has left. We still have 10,000 spare seats for Vale games, no doubt if we sell 10,000 STs a new concourse would be opened.

17 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Shhh, you're not allowed to say that.

I myself, have tried to rationalize the incoming some on here, are expecting the Vale to have from the Robbie concert. But my fear, not that I'm allowed to have it apparently is, that I really really fear, that the concert could see us end up with a loss. Having to spend hundreds of thousands to finish a stand, we can only put people in for concerts. And then having to turn every single penny of profit, over to the charities. And yes, they do need them more than us, no doubt about that! But I just fear, that all the things having to be done in the stadium being brought forward, will make our budget suffer in the summer. I'm not saying we should go all Salford, by any means, but just an increase maybe from 1,6 to 1,8-2,0 million, would make me more than happy! And that should indeed be possible, with the Cup runs we've had this year!

The money will go to dying children, you complete and utter heartless weirdo. We're doing a monumental good which trascends whether the budget goes up by £200,000, should your baseless accusations have a crumb of truth. Our transfer budget is nowhere ner as important.

"Turn every penny over' like we're getting held up at gunpoint, "really, really fear" like you're scared that money might have to be used for things bigger than a League 2 club's transfer budget.

'The budget will suffer if we help kids with life-threatening illnessess'. Get a grip.

I'm honestly embarrassed to be associated with some Vale fans at times. Utter shambles.

Archived