onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

Walka003

Advert

Bradford's transfer business is odd and potentially good news for Vale considering they are in the play-off spots.

Out have gone Doyle and Vaughan plus loan winger Oteh. Their only signing of note is Lee Novak who is now 32.

I can see why Doyle left for Swindon but arguably Bradford were crazy to loan him there in the first place, while I guess Vaughan was a big wage earner so it's cost-cutting.

However, unless they get a few last minute ones in I think they are much weakened by their moves.

1 hour ago, ginginator said:

They are only allowed to spend 55%  of turnover on wages.  If allowing shares to be turnover then, all clubs would use this loophole. I would imagine they have a more imaginary way, re Sponsorship, Hospitality, which is allowed as turnover. Share money allows for transfers indeed, not wages. 

Even very rich people rarely have a million in the bank so very few people have a million to waste. Even when directors have money it goes in as a loan. Most of the money in Stoke is loans. The majority of people go into football believing they can at least break even over time ... just most fail to do so. In many cases directors borrow against assets they own to make loans to a club.

6 minutes ago, robf said:

Bradford's transfer business is odd and potentially good news for Vale considering they are in the play-off spots.

Out have gone Doyle and Vaughan plus loan winger Oteh. Their only signing of note is Lee Novak who is now 32.

I can see why Doyle left for Swindon but arguably Bradford were crazy to loan him there in the first place, while I guess Vaughan was a big wage earner so it's cost-cutting.

However, unless they get a few last minute ones in I think they are much weakened by their moves.

100k for a player not rated by the manager with 6 months on his contract isnt bad business. I suspect there is more money going out than in at Bradford and they need to balance the books a little, same as Scunthorpe. Stranger at Swindon and Grimsby who both had chairmen claiming to need to cut costs in the summer; then spending heavily this window.

If we had signed Wilson I'd be dissapointed. If you can't score a goal in Scotland then you're clearly not very good, and he's living off the fact that he was on United's books for a while. Maybe he will come good for them though, stranger things have happened in football. 

He's 24 and has 13 career goals, and 8 of those were by 2016...

10 minutes ago, TylerB said:

If we had signed Wilson I'd be dissapointed. If you can't score a goal in Scotland then you're clearly not very good, and he's living off the fact that he was on United's books for a while. Maybe he will come good for them though, stranger things have happened in football. 

I think he is very much a rich club's gamble... not for us. In that if it comes off he could be prolific but you are potentially shelling out a small fortune for nothing if it doesn't.

10 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I hope you have not posted this a day too early!!

25 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

I hope you have not posted this a day too early!!

He'll probably score a hat-trick now and it will be as bad as that time I said Coutinho would never hand in a transfer request at Liverpool, which he did the following day! 😂

Archived