onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

Walka003

Advert

38 minutes ago, old sage said:

How in heavens name can Salford keep signing these players without breaking the spending ruling?

As long as the billionaire owner and the ex Man U players are giving the club the money to spend and not putting the money in as loans then they are not breaking the rules.

43 minutes ago, old sage said:

How in heavens name can Salford keep signing these players without breaking the spending ruling?

Most clubs directors put in loans so it's not revenue. Salford, I believe, they donate it so it becomes revenue. I'm not quite sure what end games the owners anticipate as it will never be more than a drain on resources. They are fortunate as most rich people are rich because of the assets they own and don't have a million in cash to keep throwing away. I think they all donated between 1 and 2 million very recently. It's clearly not sustainable from operating revenue alone.

4 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Reece Browne rumoured to be leaving.

Prior to the Cheltenham game at home it was touch and go between Browne and Amoo over who was starting. Amoo then turned it on and Browne hasn't had a look in. Football careers can turn on very fine margins.

The following is taken from Mike Baggeley's excellent live blog here - https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-live-deadline-day-3797848

The club is trying to make at least one more signing. Chief executive Colin Garlick confirmed that last night.

Some players have been made available for loan. I believe that includes Callum Evans and Rhys Browne.

Vale will also look to get some of their younger players such as Ryan Campbell-Gordon out on loan.

Ryan, who has had a spell at Ilkeston, is available again to gain experience in first team football. However, if he is loaned into non-league then that doesn’t have to be done by tonight’s 11pm deadline.

Just commenting on my other post...

That all sounds sensible to me. Last night I was wondering if Ryan C-G may be loaned out - perhaps to a non-league club at a higher level than Ilkeston. We have three players ahead of him at LB and a spell of regular football could do him a lot of good.

The only thing I a bit surprised by is the club are not looking to loan out Daniel T-S too. He's got another season on his contract but I don't think he's going to make the squad much this season. A spell at say Stockport may do him the world of good and give him the chance to press his claims in the summer.

1 hour ago, old sage said:

Like this...

Salford have published two 'allotment of shares' returns - money received from the creation of new shares.

The first, in July, was for £2.1m worth of shares. This was followed by another, on 3 January this year, for a further £400,000.

Just now, robf said:

Like this...

Salford have published two 'allotment of shares' returns - money received from the creation of new shares.

The first, in July, was for £2.1m worth of shares. This was followed by another, on 3 January this year, for a further £400,000.

If they don't make the play offs this year they will waltz the league next year... might not be the worst thing if we do fail to make the top 7 if they do go up instead!

24 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

If they don't make the play offs this year they will waltz the league next year... might not be the worst thing if we do fail to make the top 7 if they do go up instead!

Bringing players in is one thing, gelling is another. 

43 minutes ago, robf said:

Like this...

They are only allowed to spend 55%  of turnover on wages.  If allowing shares to be turnover then, all clubs would use this loophole. I would imagine they have a more imaginary way, re Sponsorship, Hospitality, which is allowed as turnover. Share money allows for transfers indeed, not wages. 

1 hour ago, ginginator said:

They are only allowed to spend 55%  of turnover on wages.  If allowing shares to be turnover then, all clubs would use this loophole. I would imagine they have a more imaginary way, re Sponsorship, Hospitality, which is allowed as turnover. Share money allows for transfers indeed, not wages. 

I think share investment can be counted, it’s director loans that can’t be. 

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I think Abramovich converted his loans into shares to keep Chelsea within the rules.

Archived