onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

Walka003

Advert

5 hours ago, mbycars said:

Ajose isn't available though is he. I asked you who were these good players that other clubs have signed, no answer yet.

Define 'available' then. If they have to be freebies as per usual, then I agree with you. If they demand a small fee, then it opens up a whole new level of availability. For instance, Mansfield are looking to offload a few (in my view), pretty good strikers. They would though, demand a fee to sign for us, and us having a look at the wage structure, that is somewhat holding us back at the moment.

56 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Define 'available' then. If they have to be freebies as per usual, then I agree with you. If they demand a small fee, then it opens up a whole new level of availability. For instance, Mansfield are looking to offload a few (in my view), pretty good strikers. They would though, demand a fee to sign for us, and us having a look at the wage structure, that is somewhat holding us back at the moment.

I would prefer that we agree deals with the out of contract lads and not waste the money on other teams rejections also if the club has a wage structure which I would hope it had, I dont want that blown on some random looking for his last pay day,last signing on fee etc.

Try and keep the nucleus of the side together for next season and maybe add a couple of quality signings.

56 minutes ago, Mario said:

I would prefer that we agree deals with the out of contract lads and not waste the money on other teams rejections also if the club has a wage structure which I would hope it had, I dont want that blown on some random looking for his last pay day,last signing on fee etc.

Try and keep the nucleus of the side together for next season and maybe add a couple of quality signings.

I agree with you, but I also think you are contradicting yourself.

Keep the nucleus together, I absolutely agree with! But you then say 'add a couple of quality signings'. Guess what: quality signings cost money! And that is why I keep saying, we might have to adjust the wage structure just a wee bit. I'm not talking about going Salford, and especially not Bury! But maybe going from an ie. 2,5k limit to 3k. That would open up for some better players, wanting to join. I have absolutely no idea what we are paying, and there is no way of finding out, as the fat controller didn't state that in the public accounts. Maybe we'll know a little more, when the new owners come out with their first accounts? Right now, people are just guessing what our budget is, and who's is bigger or smaller than ours. If it really was 'top 10' last season, as I seem to recall Garlick stating, then Aspin really spend it, in a more than abysmal manor! According to their public accounts, Morecambe where paying 2,4k in average, last season. So if they have one of the smallest budgets, how much do we pay? Because I've seen stated more than once, that Pope is our highest earner at 3k a week? But then again; that would have to be a guess, as there is no way of knowing.

Just now, darren1810 said:

I want to know why we haven't signed Doyle and Vaughan who have both left Bradford today ?

Don't we have any ambition 😂

Think it's safe to say, that Doyle are going Swindon.

But we the h... have they left??? What has happened there??? And actually yes, I would absolutely LOVE to see Vaughan play for us!

Archived