onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

Walka003

Advert

22 hours ago, mbycars said:

Who are these top players that other clubs are signing?  Ive only seen journeymen going from club to club.

If ‘journeymen’ are your point of view, we’ll never sign another player, will we... 99,9% of players are ‘journeymen’ these days. 
a player I would have liked to see at Vale, scored against us last night. 

39 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

If ‘journeymen’ are your point of view, we’ll never sign another player, will we... 99,9% of players are ‘journeymen’ these days. 

Absolutely spot on. Players rarely stay at clubs beyond 2 years barring homegrown ones. Signing on fees obviously play a part just look at Michael O'Connor .

I'd say Anthony Grant is your stereotype of a journeyman, more clubs than a Canadian seal hunter but i'd have that journeyman back in our side.

The only loyalty ( in the main ) is from fans. 

38 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Is that the same Nicky Ajose who has failed to score as many as Richie Bennett has already this season in the league (6) in any campaign since 2016-17?

23 hours ago, Ben Stevens said:

The next Bury because we’re asking for 3/4 more fresh faces in the team 😂😂😂😂 some of these vale fans have banged there heads here..... they are looking at the loan market for a start like Askey said so where is a loan player going put us like Bury then ?? Love this talk from Vale fans always use the doom and gloom to try back up low expectations from there team. Said it at start of season players like Archer, Lloyd, Tricket Smith, Brisley etc weren’t even worth having at the club because they won’t make an impact at all. Only so long Pope will keep dragging this club out the <ovf censored> tho because we can’t find anyone replace him still which again is bizarre.... I might as well bury my head in the sand tho because I thought we threw the towel in on the EFL Trophy for a promotion push didn’t we ??? Or  what I was reading on the wonderful one vale fan from many on here is that we have a chance of promotion this I why it was justified to play a weak team at Salford.... think I’d rather a possible day out at Wembley with a Trophy to follow and a 10th finish than just a 10th on its own because now all of sudden we can’t afford anyone to bring in and push the team forward in the league 😂😂😂 I’ve heard it all now the contradictories on this page are wonderful 

Afternoon Benjamin. Hope you're well.

Is Brisley still not worth having at the club?

Does Pope keep dragging us out of the 'ovf censored'.

You just seem to have gone a bit quiet after your little diatribe yesterday so wondered if you had any emojis to sum up your feelings today.

Cheers.

For some perspective, Will Grigg has just turned down a move to Salford . Bearing in mind Sunderland paid 4 million quid for him just how much money have Salford got !!!

I expected them to do this in pre season though not January.

This is what other teams are meant to compete against. 

1 hour ago, Danish Valiant said:

Ajose isn't available though is he. I asked you who were these good players that other clubs have signed, no answer yet.

15 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

For some perspective, Will Grigg has just turned down a move to Salford . Bearing in mind Sunderland paid 4 million quid for him just how much money have Salford got !!!

They haven't, as a Club, got any, which I think is the point that rankles with most football fans around the country. It's only by director investment and creative accounting that they are deemed to comply with the FFP, I think.

2 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

Ajose is under contract.  He is at a club which is currently second in our league and well on the way to promotion.  He lives in glorious Devon.  I'm sure he'd jump at the chance of a move to Burslem on probably lower wages.  And the goal he scored last night was his first league goal of the season.  Why would we want him?

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Ajose is under contract.  He is at a club which is currently second in our league and well on the way to promotion.  He lives in glorious Devon.  I'm sure he'd jump at the chance of a move to Burslem on probably lower wages.  And the goal he scored last night was his first league goal of the season.  Why would we want him?

A player who is held in high regard by myself after missing the penalty for Mansfield last season at 0-0 . 

As you say Jacko, why would we want him, looks as though he is less potent than he used to be and bear in mind Exeter are 2nd he ought to have a bucket full. 

I asked one of the " no ambition, we need signings now" posters if they would kindly educate me as to who we should actually sign in this window, as I'm not too well up on the list of players currently available. Needless to say, I've not seen one genuine name suggested. Any takers?

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

God, I hope we stuff them!

After Sky and the Premier League I despise these small Clubs buying their way into the top Divisions with super egos owners.

Carol and Kevin for me any day of the week. Steady, proper progress within the means of the Club, yes.

Archived