onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

Walka003

3 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Ha, totally forgot about that. Around this time last year we that farce with those 2 lads on trial before Askey came in. World beaters according to Spanish Pete weren’t they 🤣

Say what you want lads, but the entire club expecting Marc Richards and getting Trickett-Smith is a personal highlight.

Fanbase was in meltdown. Grown men in tears. Had to hand it to Norman, it was exquistely done.

Advert

6 hours ago, Ben Stevens said:

Personally not very happy with Port Vale FC in this transfer window absolutely nothing coming in whatsoever is a farce... I’m not a bloke that has moaned all season either before the keyboard vale warriors come after me for my opinion but Colin Garlick is useless in the beginning with not sorting out a new deal for one of our best players in Nathan Smith who is out of contract in the summer... ticketing at the City game again useless but I will stop going on about Garlick now because once again we need a player or two to get us over the finish line of which the playoffs are achievable this season and yet again we are 3 days before the end of the window and we have signed........ NOTHING. All this that was said to me after moaning about us going out of the EFL Trophy people saying the league is more important and we have a chance of promotion ?? Very clear with NO signings in January we are going for a mid table finish.... That day out at potential Wembley sounds a bit better now we have thrown the towel in on Top 7.... sorry to moan but I feel we ain’t done what we said we would do and that’s being in fresh faces. We have got nothing pushing Pope for his place up top and nothing pushing Montano in left back nor Gibbons at right back..... yet another poor window 

Here we go......Gooooarn Son you tell em..............🤦‍♂️

7 hours ago, Ben Stevens said:

Thought this would be the head buried in the sand approach of classic vale fans. Your going on about Norman when he don’t own us and didn’t have £250,000 in the bank from a tie against Man City. We have poor options on the bench which has been proved time and time again this season. To say it’s too early for promotion is absolute garbage talk when Cheltenham and Crewe are sat in the top 7 on smaller budgets. I knew we wouldn’t bring in fresh faces but instead keep flogging the same 15 players virtually all season. We’re garbage away from home that’s the reason we won’t finish top 7 in a season where this is definitely achievable with additional players in correct areas. I’m sorry to stir the pot but I expect a fresh face or two when we got £250,000 from the cup. Another one I will put back at you as well administration at the start of the last season we got promoted so YES when your only 5/6 points off top 7 in January you should be going for it can’t see where we will actually be good enough go for promotion then if it’s not a season where you have only lost one game at home in..... mights as well get ripped off in the summer instead then on player wages because they ain’t changing just getting higher or then your shopping for more Ryan Lloyd’s etc 

Sorry mate, where’s your loud mouth tonight? Let Askey do the work, 3 points off the play-offs. Have a nice sleep 🙂

16 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Why is it a business decision?  That implies that Askey has no money available which I don't think is the case.

It's just down to the right players being available at a price we can afford or a wage that doesn't kill the dressing room. 

Thankfully Askey isn't the sort to blow his wad just to please bed wetting xbox managers.

Of course its a business decision; Askey doesn't think there are any assets worth what is being asked of them.

Not a controversial statement. I fully endorse this strategy.

OMG.... another with low expectations when his club has picked up £250,000 three weeks ago and now can’t sign two or three to help a promotion push ?? Bizarre thoughts... especially when’s everybody on here we’re telling me the other week after going out the EFL too Salford that we can get promotion this season so I’d rather go out the cup ?? Told them at the time we won’t sign required players to push us over the line... Another one Crewe and Cheltenham are on lower budgets than us this season and are in the promotion race plus we got promotion last time after being in administration at the start of the season.... did we get relegated the next season?? No finished 9th as a matter of fact... one thing Adams did tho was bring in proven players and didn’t moan over wages... we’re asking for three more players not a whole squad so I’m sure it’s doable but vale just don’t do it 

Remember we spent 99% of the promotion season in the top 3 so that tells you that the side was consistently good and contained some players playing higher

It’s not low expectations just realistic ambition , I want us and expect us to strengthen a lot in the summer . January like jacko says is a sellers market no value for money

If we were top 3 at this point then I understand the frustration but we are 10th great in one game ( tonight ) crap in others ( last Saturday) . Outside chance of the play offs at best

I really don't know what some on here expect us to do, exactly, in the notoriously expensive and wasteful transfer window. You can count on one hand the number of decent January signings we've made over the years. Only Hannant and Eagles really, for me, stand out as decent business. Far better to wait until the summer, when lots more players of lots more quality will be available. We've tried to add to the squad this January, by signing Taylor permanently, which suggests that the money is available in JA asks for it (within reason). Often, only the desperate clubs sign players in the window, and pay inflated prices (Hugill is a case in point, given he was signed for millions and then promptly offloaded at the end of that season!). Trust in JA, Carol and Kevin to do what is necessary to improve the squad and Club, at the right time, without endangering the progress that the Club is making. 

5 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

No it isnt, it's a footballing decision if it's made by the manager.  If he feels he can get more bang for his buck in summer then that means the business decision has been made to give him money use but he has made a footballing decision not to use it on what's available.

Again, saying it's a business decision implies the Shanahans are not letting him spend it which again I dont believe is the case.

A strange inference but fine if you wish to micro-analyse the semantics of the term 'business' as opposed to the loose term I used it to make the point that there clearly wasn't value for money, and that Askey will be just as conscious of his budget as his employers.

7 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Bloody hell - you'll get torn limb from limb for saying stuff like that on here!

I think if Manny and Taylor can come into the first team picture, and Crooks provides cover at centre half and left back (with Kennedy maybe recalled), and Archer back after a month, we're possibly one loan player short.

I enjoyed last night as it well and truly dispelled the accepted aphorism on here that the 'squad's got no depth'. Brisley, Conlon, and Bennett have barely played football for months and were the main men last night.

Archived