onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

Walka003

32 minutes ago, Wrex said:

No. Transfermarket.com has one but it says Pope's contract ends this summer so that isn't very reliable. From checking each individual player's Wikipedia's I get this:

2020: Jordan Archer, Kieran Kennedy, Jonny Maddison, Shaun Brisley, Daniel Trickett-Smith, Ryan Lloyd, Scott Burgess, David Amoo, Callum Evans, Nathan Smith, Scott Brown, James Gibbons, Luke Joyce, Leon Legge, Cristian Montano, Will Atkinson, Mark Cullen
2021: Alex Hurst, Ryan Campbell-Gordon, Richie Bennett, Adam Crookes, Manny Oyeleke, Tom Pope
Unspecified: Rhys Browne, David Worrall, Tom Conlon
Loan: Jake Taylor

So unless players have signed deals on the quiet or they have secret extension clauses like Aspin used to put in them then that's what we're looking at.

Both Worrall and Conlon must have had extension deals depending on appearances included in their deals.

Possibly until end of this season.

Advert

32 minutes ago, Wrex said:

No. Transfermarket.com has one but it says Pope's contract ends this summer so that isn't very reliable. From checking each individual player's Wikipedia's I get this:

2020: Jordan Archer, Kieran Kennedy, Jonny Maddison, Shaun Brisley, Daniel Trickett-Smith, Ryan Lloyd, Scott Burgess, David Amoo, Callum Evans, Nathan Smith, Scott Brown, James Gibbons, Luke Joyce, Leon Legge, Cristian Montano, Will Atkinson, Mark Cullen
2021: Alex Hurst, Ryan Campbell-Gordon, Richie Bennett, Adam Crookes, Manny Oyeleke, Tom Pope

So unless players have signed deals on the quiet or they have secret extension clauses like Aspin used to put in them then that's what we're looking at.

Thanks, that's excellent!

I think Scott Brown has extended?

Next steps have to be extending several others, as mentioned above.

JA is going to have to go deeper into his contacts list to replace those squad players recruited last summer.

The biggest challenge is recruiting for replacements for the spine of the team.

Most have another season, but we really need our experienced players to be mid 20s.

Plenty to be done to get to where we hope to be, so I'm beginning to think that talk of a promotion bid next season is perhaps a little premature.

1 hour ago, SFBT said:

Thanks, that's excellent!

I think Scott Brown has extended?

Next steps have to be extending several others, as mentioned above.

JA is going to have to go deeper into his contacts list to replace those squad players recruited last summer.

The biggest challenge is recruiting for replacements for the spine of the team.

Most have another season, but we really need our experienced players to be mid 20s.

Plenty to be done to get to where we hope to be, so I'm beginning to think that talk of a promotion bid next season is perhaps a little premature.

Brown definitely signed an extension till 2021 in the summer.

2 hours ago, Wrex said:

Great post, cheers. I think Browne has a one year deal

Get Burgess, Amoo, Smith, Gibbo, Joyce, Legge, Worrall and Monty signed up as a matter of urgency imo. Burgess, Smith, Gibbo, Worrall 2 years, rest on one. See if Browne can start delivering on his obvious talent and maybe give him another year. Atko wouldn't be a bad shout either. All of these are, at minimum, competent at our level.

If clubs come in with bids in the 6 figures for Smith and Gibbons, then fair enough, we wish them well and re-invest.

Add in Manny, Hurst, Crooks, RCG, Pope, Bennett, Conlin, and Brown (extended to next year I believe), then that leaves us with about 17 players going into next season, with decent starting options and bench options, leaving us with room for about 6 signings which simply have to be better quality than last year. I assume one or two will be given deals from the youth side, in addition.

Its always a gamble, but 4/6 signings have to stick the landing and materially improve the squad, notably in the forward department and the creativity in the middle to shift the load off a hopefully recovered Manny.

Either way, that's not a bad position to be in. We have the experience, we have the youth, its simply nailing the scouting between now and May to ensure we hit the ground running with 6 good League 2 players, at the right age, with a club in a far more sustainable financial position to achieve this. With a number of scouts and a bit of wiggle room financially, and lots of prep time, Askey has no excuse.

What a nice prospect of a stable manager and stable owners with clearly defined targets for a window, instead of overhauling the entire squad and texting the agents you know.

2 hours ago, Wrex said:

Is Hurst at the vale these days? Or did he extend his loan till end of season? 

Will Trickett-Smith get a game?

If we keep the good players we have and sign up some quality replacements for the ones who leave end of season we should have a competitive squad next season. 

10 hours ago, Walka003 said:
10 hours ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51154983?ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_linkname=sport&ns_source=facebook&ns_mchannel=social

Whats going on there. I have a feeling we are holding on for the summer with our cash to be honest.

Didn't they have Wilfred Bony in on trial in the summer?

Yes they did.

The players out of contract need to be sorted. I believe we need to make sure we’re offering players like Smith, Worrall and Gibbo what the going rate is too. In Smith's case he’s going to be attracting attention and if we don’t make a decent offer then we are in danger of losing him. In Worralls case this could be his last big contract and I think other clubs will value those players more than maybe we do. 

I suspect our budget next year will be a little higher than this year.  The owners won't have to ring fence cash for the sort of stuff they had to do this close season to ensure compliance with league regulations re the ground and so on.  I hope they sort out the likes of Smith sooner rather than later or we will lose him for nothing - that would be a disaster in my opinion.

On 17/01/2020 at 08:20, Iron Curtain said:

This is the misconception just because he is tall... he plays nothing like Tom Pope.

He is fast, mobile and tricky with his feet. Watch his highlights... not a headed goal in sight. 

Having watched him play couldn't disagree anymore.

On 18/01/2020 at 13:38, bycars rob said:

We really need to get some of the better players(Smith, Gibbons, LLoyd etc ) signed up. 

I think we will struggle with Smith. I heard Birmingham haven't bid for him BUT have been to watch him. He's 24 in the summer and if a Championship club come in for him he'll get offered more in 2 months than we can pay him in a year. I suspect his agent will advise him not to sign anything before June. Maybe he'd sign something with a relatively low release clause. Even if we pushed the boat out to 100k a year it's a fraction of what he'd get in The Championship. Age wise he's also the right age to want to try the next level. Before this season his distribution of the ball was poor but it has improved significantly. I don't  see a crazy bid coming in as he's a gamble at a higher level, particularly as he lacks real pace or height (unlike Ant Gardner). There is a possibility someone could off 200- 300k on a take it or we sign him in the summer basis during the final few days of the window.  

If Vale don’t offer players like Smith what the going rate is and there is interest from other clubs, then it wouldn’t take an agent to tell them to not sign. It’s a no brainer of a decision isn’t it. Why would he sign right now?

Archived