onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

Walka003

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Morecambe have signed four players all of whom played last night.  The trouble is they want blokes to keep them in the bottom of the League. We want blokes to get us out of the top end. We could sign players undoubtedly but within a fortnight you’d have folk on here asking why we’d signed them. Getting players is relatively easy - getting the right players isn’t. 

Exactly this.

January is a bad time to be signing players normally. We should be grateful we haven't the calamity of last January and keep our powder dry until the summer, bar maybe an incoming loanee or two.

Advert

I'll throw a wildcard name into the hat:

Callum Roberts at Blyth Spartans.

22 year old left footed winger/attacking midfield who was signed by Blyth after being released by Newcastle United last summer.

He has 11 goals in goals in 18 games so far this season and produced 30 goals + 21 assists in 80 games for Newcastle's U23 side.

He's only on a deal that runs until the summer of 2020 so a move could surely happen in January for a nominal fee?

Capped at England U-20 level and is absolutely tearing up the National League North. Watch some of the videos of Blyth's highlights and he's clearly too good for that league.

He's a good age to develop further and could add some much needed creativity to our side.

7 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

whilst looking to add to the squad,i think we have got to tie down Gibbons and Smith ASAP as imo they are our most saleable assets on current form

Gibbons is rapidly becoming our version of Trent at Liverpool. Some decent assists and lung bursting runs. Needs to work on his defensive attributes but it's his bursting runs why we all like him and his tackling and commitment.

Smith had a real lull after his debut season where he was outstanding. Seemed to be bossed a lot by journeymen forwards , however he is back to his best and i can't help think that Legge has played a big part too. Smith is excellent this season.

Vale's defeat last night was again down to inconsistency, too many players gave below par performances whereas Morecambe had a few players who had above par performances, Mendes-Gomes, Diagouraga and Phillips in the 1st half.

Add to this Popey looked to me as though he got pushed for their first goal, not by the goal scorer but by the guy in front of the goal scorer although Popey didn't appeal/protest.

Time to give Browne a run of games instead of Amoo to see if he can develop some consistency. Not blaming Amoo for last night's defeat, no doubt he can be a watch winner but Vale as a tteam need to develop some consistency some how.

2 hours ago, valeparklife said:

22 year old left footed winger/attacking midfield who was signed by Blyth after being released by Newcastle United last summer.

He has 11 goals in goals in 18 games so far this season and produced 30 goals + 21 assists in 80 games for Newcastle's U23 side.

He's only on a deal that runs until the summer of 2020 so a move could surely happen in January for a nominal fee?

Capped at England U-20 level and is absolutely tearing up the National League North. Watch some of the videos of Blyth's highlights and he's clearly too good for that league.

He's a good age to develop further and could add some much needed creativity to our side.

Sounds like a decent signing kind of player we need goalscoring midfielder tell john askey john rudge or somebody at the vale about him before others get interested. 

3 hours ago, valeparklife said:

I would say no, as given his Newcastle United pedigree would ordinarily have been flagged on here by our North East scout, Mrs Jackson if he was worth a punt

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle said:

I would say no, as given his Newcastle United pedigree would ordinarily have been flagged on here by our North East scout, Mrs Jackson if he was worth a punt

I'd posted a reply to valeparklife's post a couple of hours ago but heaven knows where it's gone.  I saw Roberts in the Reserves and he scored for the first team in a Cup replay at Blackburn last season.  I was very surprised when he was released although he had a spell on loan at Colchester last season and didn't do much.  I don't know whether there is more to his story but I thought he looked a very good prospect.  He is doing well at Blyth but they are two divisions below us. 

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I'd posted a reply to valeparklife's post a couple of hours ago but heaven knows where it's gone.  I saw Roberts in the Reserves and he scored for the first team in a Cup replay at Blackburn last season.  I was very surprised when he was released although he had a spell on loan at Colchester last season and didn't do much.  I don't know whether there is more to his story but I thought he looked a very good prospect.  He is doing well at Blyth but they are two divisions below us. 

Many thanks.  Would have been surprised if he had bypassed your radar

6 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Dior Angus 16 games 7 goals, only one division below us. Maybe we should have given him more time

6 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Always like the sound of good prospects and I'll admit that I know nothing about this lad, but has he got a bit of physicality about him that will stand up to not being knocked off the ball as easily as many that are already In our team?

1 hour ago, familystander said:

Dior Angus 16 games 7 goals, only one division below us. Maybe we should have given him more time

That kid from Blyth is 22, Angus is 26. Fair play to him if he kicks on and gets back into a starting L2 position, but he didn't look like doing it here.

In saying that, I don't know which I would rather, Angus and Danny Elliot on the bench or Cullen and Bennett?

7 hours ago, Walka003 said:

That kid from Blyth is 22, Angus is 26. Fair play to him if he kicks on and gets back into a starting L2 position, but he didn't look like doing it here.

In saying that, I don't know which I would rather, Angus and Danny Elliot on the bench or Cullen and Bennett?

Makes no difference as they’d rarely play anyway. 

Archived