onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

Walka003

I often wondered why players would move from one end of country to the other sometimes in the same division sometimes lower.

Then I read Ben Smiths autobiography "Journeyman" One mans odyssey through lower league football,a fascinating insight into football at the lower end,it opened my eyes to the life of a young player who started at the Arsenal, but played most of his career with the likes of Yeovil Hereford and Crawley.

Well worth a look.

Advert

I personally wouldn’t be too shocked to see Taylor go to Salford, I know there’s been no real rumours but I reckon with him being from Salford and a Manchester United fan and having the class of 92 as your owners I wouldn’t be shocked at all to see him go there.

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Each of the class of 92 is  small minority shareholder. 50% of the club is owned by a Singapore billionaire whose links with Salford are tenuous to say the least. 

Fair point.

Still seems that G Neville does most of the ground work and ensures the funds are being used in an appropriate manner.

Not sure if anyone watched the latest documentary on Sky? Was quality I never like Neville as a player but as a pundit/owner he’s really warmed to me! 

He’s the driving force behind it all really, always seems to be the one doing the most work and wanting to get them as far as possible!

If you haven’t seen it I’d recommend it it’s a great watch 

23 minutes ago, Valearmy19 said:

Not sure if anyone watched the latest documentary on Sky? Was quality I never like Neville as a player but as a pundit/owner he’s really warmed to me! 

He’s the driving force behind it all really, always seems to be the one doing the most work and wanting to get them as far as possible!

If you haven’t seen it I’d recommend it it’s a great watch 

How could you not like Neville as a player (Gary)? One of the best right backs this country has ever produced. 

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Each of the class of 92 is  small minority shareholder. 50% of the club is owned by a Singapore billionaire whose links with Salford are tenuous to say the least. 

Peter Lim owns 40% and the class of 92 own 10% each making up the other 60%. 

36 minutes ago, WV said:

How could you not like Neville as a player (Gary)? One of the best right backs this country has ever produced. 

Peter Lim owns 40% and the class of 92 own 10% each making up the other 60%. 

When it was first set up the class of 92 was only five players and the split was 50/50.  Then Beckham joined the five and made them six!

2 hours ago, WV said:

Not doubting G Nev’s ability I agree he is still one of the best full backs as you mentioned England has produced.

Was referring to him as a person always seemed to be very arrogant think he’s like marmite to be honest you either like him or you don’t but as a pundit and the documentary’s on Salford and the one he did himself he changed my mind, seems a very passionate person and amongst other things so I have warmed to him 

Think he’s like Jack Grealish, I personally can’t stand him but you can’t doubt his talent. 

Personal opinion mate 

7 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Just had a quick look at the Lincoln forum to see what their fans are saying about the Andrade transfer.  The fee is rumoured to be £200,000 and that's before you look at the wage costs.  I thought this post summed it all up though:

He says that Salford matched his ambition. What, to play for a manufactured club with no fans in the bottom half of League Two?

And does that imply that a progressive League One club with 10,000 sell-outs did not match his ambition?

What is his ambition, then?

Money, money, money Jean is his only ambition 😎

One think you can't fail to notice is about 80% of EFL fans claim their team is a 'striker' away from their season targets.

Shows how difficult it is to actually attract one, especially this time of year. Everyone is out for a striker.

On 13/01/2020 at 19:40, Joe B said:

433 is a large part of why we're so tough to beat. Every time we've gone 442 (late on vs Grimbsy, Mansfield at home) we've looked dog. Most decent teams avoid simply because the middle is so open.

It doesn't suit our strikers but imo keep 433 and change the forward, rather than keep the forward and change the system. It clearly suits the likes of Joyce, Taylor, Burgess, Worrall, and Amoo.

Thats the problem Joe 

We play 433 to give us the strength in midfield with a 3.  Its am much a 451 with one lone striker up front. We then expect 60 plus goals to push for the play offs

Pope to get  15 plus and he has 8 finish with 12

The other 5  Worrall Amoo Taylor Burgess and Joyce to get 35 minimum and what do we have in there. Worrall is a 7 a season max in a good year, his best. Amoo 5 a season. Joyce 1. Burgess 3 and Taylor, the big surprise maybe 9.

Thats up to 20 goals short as a minimum. Bennett, Cullen, Archer no better than Pope.Conlon Manny or anyone else in midfield will not score the goals.

The player who would score the most out of those 5 midfield or wide players would be Montano if he played wide for a season and we all know he is not the answer but neither is no one else for goal scoring.

Askey chose 8 players i think for the two wide men and 1 lone striker and it has not worked. It proves to me that you do get what you pay for

4 hours ago, Joe B said:

One think you can't fail to notice is about 80% of EFL fans claim their team is a 'striker' away from their season targets.

Shows how difficult it is to actually attract one, especially this time of year. Everyone is out for a striker.

Anything in short supply is expensive though, especially in January. 

I think it’s evident over the last 2 league games (Yes I know we beat Stevenage) that we need to get Taylor signed up till the end of the season minimum. 

We don’t have any midfield attacking threat when he’s not involved. Still believe we need another striker and a wide player. Would like to see Rhys Browne get a run in the side like Amoo has done personally.

Still it’s a work in progress and we go again Saturday. UTV!

10 hours ago, Valearmy19 said:

I think it’s evident over the last 2 league games (Yes I know we beat Stevenage) that we need to get Taylor signed up till the end of the season minimum. 

We don’t have any midfield attacking threat when he’s not involved.

I would definitely agree with that. I just hope we can agree a loan extension with Forest and we don't have a Jones/Anderson issue where a richer club comes in to nick our loanee.

Archived