onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

Walka003

Conlon is a good League 2 midfielder, still only 23.

The fact he's unable to get into our side is testament to Taylor and Burgess, but him and Atkinson (and hopefully the returning Manny) is fantastic competition for those 2 spots.

Advert

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I thought Conlon looked good when he came on today but Taylor looked a little out of his depth.

I thought the same my friend, Taylor lost his concentration and lost his man 4-5 times today however wasn’t ever a game he was ever going to be involved with, I can only remember him touching the ball about 5 times and one was to play the ball out to the right hand side for the cross for the goal other than that he was distant however I think Burgess was the same apart from the shot in the first minute. 

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I thought Conlon looked good when he came on today but Taylor looked a little out of his depth.

Against Prem opposition they’re ALL out of their depth, they’re League 2 players.

Taylor and Burgess are a very inexperienced pairing, and it shows at times, but they give us good energy.  Importantly they play well together as a pair with Joyce anchoring.  Conlon gave us a bit more bite that’s for sure.  He should’ve hit the target with his header mind.

Just now, Iron Curtain said:

UV hinting at a contract extension today.

Also stated earlier that Atkinson could trigger an extension. I’m not sure if they are the same thing or not.

I'd be happy with Atkinson, and probably one we need to keep with Gibbons a yellow from a 2 game ban. He is versatile and done a job.

2 hours ago, valefan16 said:

I'd be happy with Atkinson, and probably one we need to keep with Gibbons a yellow from a 2 game ban. He is versatile and done a job.

Depends on what he is being paid. He was one of the highest earners at Mansfield but probably on less with us. He feels his best position is where Joyce plays which I also feel is Conlon's best position.  Best I've seen him play is fullback. Hasn't done enough to date to secure a first choice position. But big plus is he can play left and right wing/ fullback in all central midfield positions and as a 10. Really comes down to how much he costs, what he's like in the dressing room, how much we have to spend and what else is available; plus how Oyeleke's rehab is going. He's never let us down (apart from one appalling bit of dwelling on the ball) but never had the impact of the better players in the squad.

32 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Will Atkinson signs an extension till the end of the season. On of our better squad options, a good bit of business that.

Completely agree been pleased since he’s been here, always nice when you have a player that can play in different positions good bit off business start off with UTV.

36 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Will Atkinson signs an extension till the end of the season. On of our better squad options, a good bit of business that.

Absolutely. I like the way John Askey goes about his business. No drama and very sensible stuff. Atkinson is a really good utility player and well worth keeping till the end of the season. I'm pleased that one is sorted.

Archived