onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January transfer window

Walka003

Advert

The player most Macclesfield fans think is capable of playing in a higher league is Kelleher the centrehalf. Put in a 30k bid so they can pay their players and guarantee the New Years day fixture and the deal would therefore fund itself! We are sold out on the corporate hospitality, plus gate receipts I'm guess we'll lose about 120k if the game doesn't go ahead. We can't afford not to play the fixture.

Unofficial Vale rumour is at least 3 of the squad are negotiating new deals and one player can trigger a new deal based on appearances. 

These are my thoughts about new deals and potential new players.

Offer Contracts:

Gibbons - 2 year deal

Smith - 2 year deal

Legge - 1 year deal, with option of another year based on appearances

Joyce - 1 year deal, with option of another year based on appearances. 

Burgess - Same as above.

Worrall - 2 year deal

Taylor- If a bid is accepted, I would give a 3 year deal. 

I would leave other contract offers until the end of the season. 

In terms of January, this is what I would like to see.

First choice left back (probably on loan)

Right back to compete with Gibbo.

Attacking Midfielder

Striker ( Not sure if there will be anyone available better than what we’ve got, however if there is the possibility of getting a Championship Striker in on loan, I’d go for it. 

Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

How many new players does everyone think we need? 

4 minutes ago, STUNG said:

how has alex hurst performed at BPA ? isn't he back with us in january ?

Think BPA have had a rough time of it. From what I can see online he doesn’t seem to have pulled up any trees. I imagine he will go out on loan again along with Kennedy, Lloyd, Trickett-Smith, Campbell-Gordon and possibly Archer (unless Askey starts to give him more minutes to see what he can do) 

I'd like to see a left back. No criticism of Crookes or Montano either. 

We seem to have made do for years. Even the promotion season was shared between Loft and Dan Jones.

We've had Kiko, Knopps, Tanser, Yates, Vassell other names escape me .

But when did we actually have a nailed on PROPER left back in our team ? 

But as a poster says, can anyone actually suggest anybody ? I can't . 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

We seem to have made do for years. Even the promotion season was shared between Loft and Dan Jones.

Dicko

Given the clear sensible prudency of both owners and manager, I imagine an element of caution will be exercised in January, despite the boost to the coffers.

I personally don't expect to see loads of money spent on expensive gambles. A few signings here and there to keep us competitive for the playoffs, perhaps.

I personally anticipate Summer 2020, when the owners have everything running largely the way they want, without having to firefight they way they did this past summer, as the window that will be the springboard to future success. The kits, stadium, contracts etc should be sorted and we can focus the club's effort and funds on sensible, effective recruitment, when wage demands are more sensible and we can be more picky about the players and characters we want at the club, as opposed to the expensive silly season of January where you effectively have little choice as to who you sign.

Just a hunch; I don't see Kevin + Carol/John being the operative unit that would give a 30 year old striker £2,000 a week on the gamble he can fire us up the league. Might be wrong.

Kiko and Tanser were 'proper' left backs. Problem was that they were both gash.

7 hours ago, STUNG said:

how has alex hurst performed at BPA ? isn't he back with us in january ?

Like someone said BPA have been playing very poorly, but from what I can gather Hurst has been a spark in their side. The lad is only 20 and he can only do so much when surrounded by poor footballers. I’m guessing Askey will he looking to get him moved to a club in a better situation for the rest of the season. 

17 hours ago, philmpv said:
22 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Kiko and Tanser were 'proper' left backs. Problem was that they were both gash.

True , I meant nailed on as a certain name on the team sheet. Inexcusable to forget Dicko by myself. The fact we haven't had one since is criminal. 

The best one I've seen this season was the Ed Sheeran lookalike at Newport. He was quality but an obnoxious twonk 

Zac jules

Archived