Sign in to follow this  
Mario

Stoke City and "Racism"

Kevin Campell father of Tyrese Campbell  is complaining and accusing Stoke City of racism due to the fact his sons image has been used in an advert, it shows a photograph of Tyrese Campbell, together with an image and a picture of Danny Batth, advertising the club's Black Friday sales.

It's being suggested that the whole episode is being deliberately stoked up by the lads father to expedite Campbell junior's departure from Stoke.

3 minutes ago, Mario said:

Kevin Campell father of Tyrese Campbell  is complaining and accusing Stoke City of racism due to the fact his sons image has been used in an advert, it shows a photograph of Tyrese Campbell, together with an image and a picture of Danny Batth, advertising the club's Black Friday sales.

It's being suggested that the whole episode is being deliberately stoked up by the lads father to expedite Campbell junior's departure from Stoke.

Similar situation in Italy

If you saw a screenshot of Cambell Jnr and no-one else then you didn't see the whole picture. Its just a couple of sjoke payers trying to sell their kit in the Black Friday Sale. What is wrong with that?  (Other than the fact its a pointless exercise of course)

I've been following this and to be honest its boggled my mind. Kevin Campbell was wound up foe this by a bloke who posted the screen cap and yelled Racist. It seems he has also implied that BF came about because of selling black slaves on that day. (A debunked urban myth). Of course, once someone has gone off the deepend all outraged they then find it impossible to climb down and instead keep digging. 

• Thanks 1

I've seen it.

I personally cant see anything wrong in it whatsoever.

It would be saying that a black person could never be in an advert for black friday without it being racist.  

There's nothing in it at all.

https://www.thelocal.it/20191205/italian-newspaper-defends-black-friday-headline-on-footballers-lukaku-and-smalling

This was a racist headline, even if they didn't mean it that way. Look! These two men are black and they are playing a game on Friday - Black Friday! Advertising a Black Friday sale with a black who happens to be black isn't racist.

Just like putting a headline for two white players and saying "White Christmas" would be racist, but if Martin O'Neill started singing White Christmas then that wouldn't be racist. Well Kevin Campbell might think it would be actually but he's an idiot 

• Like 1

As I understand Black Friday was the day when retailers had sales to bring their businesses back into the black as to being in the red. I’m not convinced that KC has done his son any favours and others may hold this against him.

As previously mentioned it’s to sell the kit which the young fans will then bring to aunty Carol who’ll replace it.

The incident in the Italian press, features Smalling and Lukaku, it’s not selling any merchandise and as Black Friday only refers to sales, then yes this headline is racist. It’ll be interesting to see if any or no action is taken against the paper.

Someone would claim it's racist if the were no black players included.

I'm surprised no one was screaming sexist because there are no women... ???

• Thanks 1

I just see it as another example of someone looking for something to be offended by. Is it racist or is the person thinking it’s racist the one with the problem?