TylerB

Jake Taylor

6 hours ago, Heatwave said:

Rumour is he's going to Brentford. Good business for him if true, but it leaves us with a problem. 

Would be very very shocked if he went to Brentford, I fully believe that today he was injured and that’s why he wasn’t involved.

He’s never played above league 2, he’s 21 year old if Brentford was interested in him then I’d be amazed to be honest, he’s here for 3 more weeks minimum, I hope we can sort a permanent deal out with him or at least a loan till the end of the season. 

He’s a good player no doubt about it but he’s not the finished article by any stretch of the imagination, at Vale he has the perfect opportunity to progress his career and make himself a fans favourite

I'll be as disappointed as anyone if Vale don't sign Jake Tayor or at the very least sign him 'til the end of the season but in Burgess and Atkinson we have two very good and capable players (I'm assuming Atkinson is signed up 'til the end of the season) and with the prospect of Oyeleke back at some time

6 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

I'll be as disappointed as anyone if Vale don't sign Jake Tayor or at the very least sign him 'til the end of the season but in Burgess and Atkinson we have two very good and capable players (I'm assuming Atkinson is signed up 'til the end of the season) and with the prospect of Oyeleke back at some time

I think he's on a short term contract.

End of January?

Not certain though.

3 hours ago, SFBT said:

I think he's on a short term contract.

End of January?

Not certain though.

31st December.

So announcement due...

How much does everyone think Forest want for Taylor? £100k? Would that be good value?

Also, how much is too much? It’s hard to gauge lower league transfer fees these days given most player movements don’t involve a fee. 

• Thanks 1

It’s hard for them to put a price on him I think. They probably don’t want him. They also know he’s doing well so will demand I’d say about £250,000 for him. They’ll get that easy from a league 1 club. I think he’s done well but very much doubt we will sign him permanently. 

Just now, sandyford_valiant said:

It’s hard for them to put a price on him I think. They probably don’t want him. They also know he’s doing well so will demand I’d say about £250,000 for him. They’ll get that easy from a league 1 club. I think he’s done well but very much doubt we will sign him permanently. 

£250k seems a lot given he has 6 months left on his contract. Can a lot of League 1 clubs stump up £250k? 

I would probably move onto other options if they wanted that kind of money. 

• Like 1

They won’t be demanding anywhere near that!
  • Like 1

He’s played 16 games in League 2. He’s out of contract in the summer so would only demand training compensation. It wouldn’t be a massive fee and he has expressed a desire to stay with us. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

What’s the point of getting a massive cup payday if we aren’t going to take advantage of it. Lincoln pretty much rebuilt the club on theirs.

That massive cup pay day will have several calls on it, not all on the playing budget. 

41 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

He’s played 16 games in League 2. He’s out of contract in the summer so would only demand training compensation. It wouldn’t be a massive fee and he has expressed a desire to stay with us. 

What do you class as not a massive fee ? £25k £50k?

£50,000 would be a 'massive' fee for many League 2 clubs (prob including us) and would be the absolute max i think we should offer/pay for an inexperienced, young lad who Forest don't want to keep. Perhaps they have another youngster in their u-21 team that they would like us to improve for them? If not, then 'other Championship teams are available' as they say - let's have a look around.

• Like 1

If the price gets silly I'm happy to let someone else fork out 6 figures for him. Hes' out of contract in 6 months ffs

He's a good player and has an eye for a goal but once we're going north of 100k plus a sell on its getting into the ludicrous realm on what may have been a run of good form

• Thanks 1