TylerB

Jake Taylor

28 minutes ago, Joe B said:

One good thing is that Askey seem very capable of developing players.

We've seen significant improvements in Smith, Gibbons, Conlon, Worrall, Joyce, Taylor, Burgess, and Montano since he came through the door. The style of football is pretty decent, and I noticed on Tuesday that even our reserves are all comfortable and competent on the ball and passing it.

If you're looking for a stable environment where your player will be improved and will be passing the ball a fair bit, we're a good bet. Obviously now we've got a better reputation in the game because of our ownership we should hopefully see some better quality loanees.

I agree about Askey developing players.

He seems to have the knack of doing so within a strong team ethos.

The team becomes more than the sum of its parts and individuals keep growing.

Really impressive

2 hours ago, osprey said:

Will Sproson be working to get him a place at a ''bigger'' club or in a higher division. He is Taylors agent not Vales so I wonder which his priority is. Presumably there is something in it for Sproson as well if Taylor goes onto better things 

Sprosons priority is Taylor and to himself. Vale legend and all that but the players are his focus. There’s potentially big money to be made on picking young players up at our level and them being sold on at a later date.

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Outstanding lad.  I hope he doesn't go down the route of the likes of Alex Jones and Billy Knott who did well with us on loan then went to Bradford and disappeared without trace.  Knott is now playing in the National League South with Chelmsford.  Or Mitch Clark who went to Leicester but won't be playing against Man City this season!

I'd like to think Forest would consider a small initial offer and a big sell on clause - say 50%.  If they are going to release him in the summer that surely makes sense to them.

Please stay, Jake.  You know you want to! 😁

If Forest are going to release him in the summer, our best option is to see if we can extend the loan till the end of the season, then sign him permanently that way we aren’t bound to a 50% sell on clause.

We need to keep him as insurance until the end of the season at least in case Manny's op doesn't work out. In my opinion he's more of a prospect than Manny; unfortunately that probably means someone rather higher than us in the league will come in for him.

35 minutes ago, Conrad said:

If Forest are going to release him in the summer, our best option is to see if we can extend the loan till the end of the season, then sign him permanently that way we aren’t bound to a 50% sell on clause.

But we’ll then be outbid on wages and lose him. 

For me Clarke was a keen energetic young lad in a poor performing team. If he’d have been any good surely Villa would have him in their U21 team. I don’t know what other ppls thoughts are but playing U21 after having played league football is a step backwards, that makes me ask the question does Mitch believe in his own ability or does he have a poor advisor.? Sure he probably gets paid a little more money but U21 football means nothing, that’s why they’re in the Lease.Com.

Chelsea have a transfer embargo and have been to recall youngsters who’ve been out on loan and it’s flourishing.

6 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

For me Clarke was a keen energetic young lad in a poor performing team. If he’d have been any good surely Villa would have him in their U21 team. I don’t know what other ppls thoughts are but playing U21 after having played league football is a step backwards, that makes me ask the question does Mitch believe in his own ability or does he have a poor advisor.? Sure he probably gets paid a little more money but U21 football means nothing, that’s why they’re in the Lease.Com.

Chelsea have a transfer embargo and have been to recall youngsters who’ve been out on loan and it’s flourishing.

Reminder: This is a Jack Taylor appreciation thread, space for Clarke in the EFLT R3 thread

Its a good job Askey has wasted the budget isn't it Ernie...………. I for one hope he carries on wasting it

I would like to think we will offer something and then maybe add in a 25-30% sell on and tell Jake he can go if he signs and a championship side come in for him with a decent offer

• Like 1

It's about time Vale had a forward on loan who is a quality player and has clearly demonstrated he's worth his position in the team, I would love to think he would sign permanently for Vale but only time will tell, fingers crossed but he's gonna play most of his career in the EPL/Championship..

Much of his outfield play has been class, he appears to pick the right option the vast majority of times, get's himself into great positions and his finishing apart from one blip I can remember has been phenomenal.  I cannot wait to watch Jake Taylor play football for Vale, It's like watching Ray Walker all over again there's no bigger compliment than that. Jake Taylor is  good, really good.

• Like 1

Wasn't he a referee from the 70s? The one that ref'd the 1974 World Cup final and gave Holland a penalty in the 1st minute, before the Germans had even touched the ball.

Yes I think he was

1 hour ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Wasn't he a referee from the 70s? The one that ref'd the 1974 World Cup final and gave Holland a penalty in the 1st minute, before the Germans had even touched the ball.

He sent George Best off in the home internationals as well.

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Its a good job Askey has wasted the budget isn't it Ernie...………. I for one hope he carries on wasting it

I would like to think we will offer something and then maybe add in a 25-30% sell on and tell Jake he can go if he signs and a championship side come in for him with a decent offer

Based on his final comments about Lloyd, and Robs post straight after. I fortunately don’t think we will be hearing from Ern for a while. 

• Haha 1

As Paul6754 mentions above, there are similarities to Ray Walker. We should be trying very hard to sign him on a four or five year contract. 

He may be offered higher wages elsewhere but I doubt he'd get the security of a lengthy contract offer anywhere else. 

hes been brilliant and we really do need to get him on a permanent deal, many years ago the fans helped and raised money to sign a certain Darren beckford couldn't we start a fund to help put towards players again

17 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

We had Ray Walker on loan initially and then bought him from Villa for s very small fee.  Best move Walker ever made and he had a brilliant career.

The first time my dad saw Walker on loan, he said "that lad's too good for this league" - he has supported Vale from the early 1950's and he still rates Walker as the best midfielder he's seen in a Vale shirt.

£12,000 I think the fee was. When you add that to the £15,000 Rudgie got Darren Beckford for - they must count as the steals of the century. 

It's far too soon to put Jake Taylor anywhere near that category but I think if we could get him permanently he could be a really good player for us.

4 minutes ago, robf said:

The first time my dad saw Walker on loan, he said "that lad's too good for this league" - he supported Vale from the early 1950's and he still rates Walker as the best midfielder he's seen in a Vale shirt.

£12,000 I think the fee was. When you add that to the £15,000 Rudgie got Darren Beckford for - they must count as the steals of the century. 

It's far too soon to put Jake Taylor anywhere near that category but I think if we could get him permanently he could be a really good player for us.

Ray Walker was brilliant, he gave us something that I don’t think I’d ever seen at PVFC before. I believe that we developed Beckford and the crowd funding as it’s now called I’d never heard of before.

I do hope we can get Jake as I do rate him and he’s one for the future. I’d have thought Phil Sproson would know the precise position of Jake and Forest. Phil is in a compromising position as he will have to do the best for Jake and his beloved PVFC, hopefully the cards will fall in our favour.