onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Jake Taylor

TylerB

Advert

Even without Taylor we still have a good midfield with the likes of Joyce, Atkinson, Burgess and Conlon competing for three places. Then there's Oyeleke to come back too next year of course. But we're not a high scoring team and his goals from midfield are vital and could be the difference between finishing 6th or 13th.

If we can get this lad signed up and add another decent forward in January we'll have a chance. But going back to the former, a midfield of Joyce, Oyeleke and Taylor with Amoo and Worrall out wide is the best midfield we've had for a lot of years!

Even without Taylor we still have a good midfield with the likes of Joyce, Atkinson, Burgess and Conlon competing for three places. Then there's Oyeleke to come back too next year of course. But we're not a high scoring team and his goals from midfield are vital and could be the difference between finishing 6th or 13th.
If we can get this lad signed up and add another decent forward in January we'll have a chance. But going back to the former, a midfield of Joyce, Oyeleke and Taylor with Amoo and Worrall out wide is the best midfield we've had for a lot of years!

Keep hearing people talking about forwards. I really don’t think we need one. It might be upset the current setup which is working. Agree that we need a left back and then Monty can get back to challenging for a wingers spot.

2 minutes ago, PVFC_4_EVA said:

Keep hearing people talking about forwards. I really don’t think we need one. It might be upset the current setup which is working. Agree that we need a left back and then Monty can get back to challenging for a wingers spot.

Nobody appreciates Pope more than I do but I don't think he's cut out for starting every single week. Bennett is a trier and can be useful but isn't a goalscorer whereas Cullen has goals in him but would suit a 4-4-2 system much better than trying to play as a lone striker. I definitely think that's an area we can improve unless Richie Bennett suddenly learns how to finish.

Nobody appreciates Pope more than I do but I don't think he's cut out for starting every single week. Bennett is a trier and can be useful but isn't a goalscorer whereas Cullen has goals in him but would suit a 4-4-2 system much better than trying to play as a lone striker. I definitely think that's an area we can improve unless Richie Bennett suddenly learns how to finish.

In my opinion. Bennet is a better finisher than pope but doesn’t put him self in as good positions as pope.

I think pope should be the starter. Bennet comes on when we are winning to chase defenders. Cullen comes on when needing a goal. And we also have Archer who hasn’t quite had a chance but has done alright. Might get a bit of a run of someone gets injured.

I think 4 is plenty when we only play 1 up front.

6 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

In one of the recent programmes there was a photo of four of our five scouts. 

Is this since Askey joined? Don't suppose you know who they are do you?

It's not something that gets much news coverage but I'm sure over the last decade or so we haven't had a full time scout on the books? Just scouts that come and go with the managers!

5 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Is this since Askey joined? Don't suppose you know who they are do you?

It's not something that gets much news coverage but I'm sure over the last decade or so we haven't had a full time scout on the books? Just scouts that come and go with the managers!

One I believe is Sir John himself. Unlike most modern scouts who just search the playing stats John still goes to matches and watches players play.

Archived