onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Jake Taylor

TylerB

Advert

He’s done really well in some games and scored some important goals, yet equally he’s disappeared in some games too, which given his age and experience is going to be understandable as he will be up and down in his consistency. Obviously theres a lot of potential in him, but we can’t break the bank for him, but we could be able to persuade Forest to sell him with a sell on clause built in for them in the future.  But my personal opinion is that his agent will be working to get him a move to a higher league and we will be the fallback option if that doesn’t work out. Just like what happened with Crookes. He holds all the cards at the moment.

13 hours ago, valeparklife said:

The trick is to secure these players while no one has ever heard of them, rather than putting them in the shop window while being on loan.

Imagine if we could find another crop of under 21 players like McPhee, Goodlad, Brooker, Pilkington, Cummins, MBW etc.

Our scouting has been atrocious since that era.

I think one of the biggest priorities of our fantastic new owners is to develop the recruitment side of the club, which has been neglected for years.

A proper, professional head scout, with a good network across the country and the UK at large; engagement with data, which all successful clubs now utilise to find hidden gems (listened to a great podcast with Colchester's coach over the summer which he detailed how important stastical analysis is in finding new players); strong links with good academies in the Midland/North West to hoover up the released players.

Our club has a lot going for it at the present, but I'd love to see us be forward-thinking in recruitment; last time we had a 'proper scout', in George Foster, we signed Hugill, which made the club/Norman £1.9m, and Andoh, who would have gone for big money had he not be so unfortunate with injuries.

52 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I think one of the biggest priorities of our fantastic new owners is to develop the recruitment side of the club, which has been neglected for years.

A proper, professional head scout, with a good network across the country and the UK at large; engagement with data, which all successful clubs now utilise to find hidden gems (listened to a great podcast with Colchester's coach over the summer which he detailed how important stastical analysis is in finding new players); strong links with good academies in the Midland/North West to hoover up the released players.

Our club has a lot going for it at the present, but I'd love to see us be forward-thinking in recruitment; last time we had a 'proper scout', in George Foster, we signed Hugill, which made the club/Norman £1.9m, and Andoh, who would have gone for big money had he not be so unfortunate with injuries.

And not forgetting our own academy too. 

5 minutes ago, bobvale said:

i would put getting young fans above young players. when i look across vale park i see old gray heads and very few youngsters.

Sorry about my hair i will put my vale woolie hat over my ears on for you today i don't want to upset fellow vale fans.

s

3 hours ago, Joe B said:

Agree entirely. I wonder if we have any scouts at the club presently?

Out of interest, do you have the link to the podcast? (I like stuff like that!)

Archived