onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Jake Taylor

TylerB

It's about time Vale had a forward on loan who is a quality player and has clearly demonstrated he's worth his position in the team, I would love to think he would sign permanently for Vale but only time will tell, fingers crossed but he's gonna play most of his career in the EPL/Championship..

Much of his outfield play has been class, he appears to pick the right option the vast majority of times, get's himself into great positions and his finishing apart from one blip I can remember has been phenomenal.  I cannot wait to watch Jake Taylor play football for Vale, It's like watching Ray Walker all over again there's no bigger compliment than that. Jake Taylor is  good, really good.

Advert

1 hour ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Wasn't he a referee from the 70s? The one that ref'd the 1974 World Cup final and gave Holland a penalty in the 1st minute, before the Germans had even touched the ball.

He sent George Best off in the home internationals as well.

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Its a good job Askey has wasted the budget isn't it Ernie...………. I for one hope he carries on wasting it

I would like to think we will offer something and then maybe add in a 25-30% sell on and tell Jake he can go if he signs and a championship side come in for him with a decent offer

Based on his final comments about Lloyd, and Robs post straight after. I fortunately don’t think we will be hearing from Ern for a while. 

17 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

We had Ray Walker on loan initially and then bought him from Villa for s very small fee.  Best move Walker ever made and he had a brilliant career.

The first time my dad saw Walker on loan, he said "that lad's too good for this league" - he has supported Vale from the early 1950's and he still rates Walker as the best midfielder he's seen in a Vale shirt.

£12,000 I think the fee was. When you add that to the £15,000 Rudgie got Darren Beckford for - they must count as the steals of the century. 

It's far too soon to put Jake Taylor anywhere near that category but I think if we could get him permanently he could be a really good player for us.

4 minutes ago, robf said:

The first time my dad saw Walker on loan, he said "that lad's too good for this league" - he supported Vale from the early 1950's and he still rates Walker as the best midfielder he's seen in a Vale shirt.

£12,000 I think the fee was. When you add that to the £15,000 Rudgie got Darren Beckford for - they must count as the steals of the century. 

It's far too soon to put Jake Taylor anywhere near that category but I think if we could get him permanently he could be a really good player for us.

Ray Walker was brilliant, he gave us something that I don’t think I’d ever seen at PVFC before. I believe that we developed Beckford and the crowd funding as it’s now called I’d never heard of before.

I do hope we can get Jake as I do rate him and he’s one for the future. I’d have thought Phil Sproson would know the precise position of Jake and Forest. Phil is in a compromising position as he will have to do the best for Jake and his beloved PVFC, hopefully the cards will fall in our favour. 

An exceptional young player who is improving each game. Looks to be really enjoying his football and I genuinely think this is the best place for him at the current time. I don't see the reason to disrupt him midway through the season even if he were able to join a League One team.

1 hour ago, robf said:

The first time my dad saw Walker on loan, he said "that lad's too good for this league" - he has supported Vale from the early 1950's and he still rates Walker as the best midfielder he's seen in a Vale shirt.

The first time I saw Ray Walker on loan for us at Torquay I couldn’t believe he was wearing a Vale shirt. I’d been introduced to Vale during the Gordon Lee years when the ball finished each game bruised and battered. He was a revelation. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'd imagine Forest would, at the least, want a buy back clause and a percentage of any future transfer fees built into a deal. Vale must have some encouragement from the player as they are clearly pursuing this one. Taylor is obviously enjoying his time here. At best it's a 50/50 chance of it coming off as he will get other offers. I think the club are prepared to go as far as is reasonable to get it done so if we miss out I'd be sad rather than frustrated. I suspect if he does stay it will be the little things, like providing the loan car, that clinch it.

Archived