onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Jake Taylor

TylerB

What a loan signing this little fella has been. Love his energy, he has a bit of quality and 6 goals in 19 appearances for a midfielder is a terrific return. He's been unlucky and could have had one or two more too. Also seems like a young lad that just gets his head down and wants to learn and improve his game. 

Advert

Fantastic acquisition for us. Reminds me a lot of Ray Walker type. Industrious, scores goals and gets into as many advanced positions as any forwards do.

We need him for our future, hope Carol/John can exert their influences and maybe get him here, beyond the current campaign. He's lit us up since his arrival.

I personally would be thrilled a portion of the cup cash could persuade Forest to let us sign him permanently. At the very least, we need him till the end of the season. He could be the first Vale central midfielder since Micky Cummins in 2006 to get double figures.

2 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Absolutely. Wonderful points and I am glad someone started this. Best loan we have had since Mitch Clark. I hope he can be signed. 

I think he has been better than Mitch Clark. He has filled a key area with Oyeleke out for so long. His progress has been remarkable and i can't think of 1 game where he has been poor or struggled. H e definitely has a good future in the game.

I wouldn’t go that far, I think in his initial games they were passing him by a bit and he was struggling to get in to them and looked off the pace at times and not strong enough. Which I guess I natural given his lack of experience. Personally I think Orient was the turning point. He stepped up to the plate when manny went off and ended up scoring a great goal, from then on he’s gone from strength to strength. Scoring goals. Getting in to good positions and getting key assists in vital areas. Even though it’s a different area think he’s been better than Clark, I always thought Clark was over rated. I didn’t think he was putting enough effort in, not busting a gut and was going through the motions at times. Indeed he cost us a few goals last season and I can’t recall him chipping in with any assists either. At times fans seemed to go wild when he ran 50 yards diagonally with the ball with no end product. Much like whitfield used to do and some fans seemed to like that too. 

Was it Plymouth game he made his debut after we had all three subs in the first half an hour? 

Not looked back and has grown into a key player for such a young lad.

Can Sproson wield any influence and we keep him for the season. 

What has happened here is a series of injuries led to him getting game time. Makes you wonder how many of the countless loan signings we have had in the past who never got a sniff were actually good enough. Pyke for example is in League one and never got a sniff here, also the much maligned Theo Robinson has played for Southend and Swindon after his spell here.

It is all about getting an opportunity, had the injuries not happened he would maybe still be getting splinters in his backside on the bench. Fate conspired and we have been the beneficiary. Great player. 

Outstanding lad.  I hope he doesn't go down the route of the likes of Alex Jones and Billy Knott who did well with us on loan then went to Bradford and disappeared without trace.  Knott is now playing in the National League South with Chelmsford.  Or Mitch Clark who went to Leicester but won't be playing against Man City this season!

I'd like to think Forest would consider a small initial offer and a big sell on clause - say 50%.  If they are going to release him in the summer that surely makes sense to them.

Please stay, Jake.  You know you want to! 😁

A few good names mentioned above (Alex Jones, Billy Knot) but surely up their with the best loan signings we have made. All too often we have had players on loan from bigger clubs who to be honest have made minimal impact and weren't even good enough to get into a lower league team. A lad who looks like he has a future in the game potentially at a higher level.

58 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Was it Plymouth game he made his debut after we had all three subs in the first half an hour? 

Not looked back and has grown into a key player for such a young lad.

Can Sproson wield any influence and we keep him for the season. 

What has happened here is a series of injuries led to him getting game time. Makes you wonder how many of the countless loan signings we have had in the past who never got a sniff were actually good enough. Pyke for example is in League one and never got a sniff here, also the much maligned Theo Robinson has played for Southend and Swindon after his spell here.

It is all about getting an opportunity, had the injuries not happened he would maybe still be getting splinters in his backside on the bench. Fate conspired and we have been the beneficiary. Great player. 

Will Sproson be working to get him a place at a ''bigger'' club or in a higher division. He is Taylors agent not Vales so I wonder which his priority is. Presumably there is something in it for Sproson as well if Taylor goes onto better things 

14 minutes ago, osprey said:

Will Sproson be working to get him a place at a ''bigger'' club or in a higher division. He is Taylors agent not Vales so I wonder which his priority is. Presumably there is something in it for Sproson as well if Taylor goes onto better things 

I get totally what you are saying. He won't be going to the Championship or Forest would have him back. League one, he has to settle in, content probably for a place on the bench. Why would he leave Vale for another League 2 club ? , Sproson has to be mindful of these factors as a good agent would.

Game time at Vale is more likely to interest potential suitors in the summer rather than joining say Oxford and being on the bench until March.

Also the gesture Carol made over his car the other week will be in his mind surely it has to play a part, that he is wanted and respected here.

The grass isn't always greener, it is in the interest of both parties for a season long loan.

We have had threads before about great loan players, Tony Sealy, my own favourite David Lowe , Mark Lawrence. This guy is up there based on the impact he has made.

Archived