onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Jake Taylor

TylerB

Advert

54 minutes ago, osprey said:

Will Sproson be working to get him a place at a ''bigger'' club or in a higher division. He is Taylors agent not Vales so I wonder which his priority is. Presumably there is something in it for Sproson as well if Taylor goes onto better things 

As Taylor's agent the priority should be Taylor. Who of course still has the ultimate say himself. But he's much better off having Sproson than the bloke who represented Mitch Clark. Taylor has a future in the game now.

He's out of contract at the end of a season, and I 100% remember reading on a Forest fans' site that he isn't expected to be offered a deal there, with them now at the top end of the Championship, considering he hasn't played a minute for their first team.

My hunch is that we'll extend in January and Taylor will, quite rightly in his view, see how the season plays out. Gives him a full season of playing time and he won't have to commit himself. If he carries on his form he'll be a free agent with clubs in League 1 and 2 knocking down his door to outbid eachother on wages and he'll take his pick.

Obviously, with the trust, development, and support we've shown him we'll have a good chance, but if a 20 year old bags 10+ from midfield (and has more to his games than just goals), I imagine you'll have your top League 1 clubs (Sunderland, Posh, Ipswich, Rotherham) fancying a go and he'll be off there.

Would love to be proven wrong but I'd be very pleasantly shocked if he decides to stay with us, if he continues his form/we're still in League 2.

Great talent though; shows that the loan market is very useful if we don't employ a scattergun approach and do our homework (he trained with us before signing). Definitely good to have good links with the Forest Academy.

One good thing is that Askey seem very capable of developing players.

We've seen significant improvements in Smith, Gibbons, Conlon, Worrall, Joyce, Taylor, Burgess, and Montano since he came through the door. The style of football is pretty decent, and I noticed on Tuesday that even our reserves are all comfortable and competent on the ball and passing it.

If you're looking for a stable environment where your player will be improved and will be passing the ball a fair bit, we're a good bet. Obviously now we've got a better reputation in the game because of our ownership we should hopefully see some better quality loanees.

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Outstanding lad.  I hope he doesn't go down the route of the likes of Alex Jones and Billy Knott who did well with us on loan then went to Bradford and disappeared without trace.  Knott is now playing in the National League South with Chelmsford.  Or Mitch Clark who went to Leicester but won't be playing against Man City this season!

I'd like to think Forest would consider a small initial offer and a big sell on clause - say 50%.  If they are going to release him in the summer that surely makes sense to them.

Please stay, Jake.  You know you want to! 😁

Closest Clarke will get to Man C will be  if their U21s are drawn against Leicester U21s in the EFL Trophy.

28 minutes ago, Joe B said:

One good thing is that Askey seem very capable of developing players.

We've seen significant improvements in Smith, Gibbons, Conlon, Worrall, Joyce, Taylor, Burgess, and Montano since he came through the door. The style of football is pretty decent, and I noticed on Tuesday that even our reserves are all comfortable and competent on the ball and passing it.

If you're looking for a stable environment where your player will be improved and will be passing the ball a fair bit, we're a good bet. Obviously now we've got a better reputation in the game because of our ownership we should hopefully see some better quality loanees.

I agree about Askey developing players.

He seems to have the knack of doing so within a strong team ethos.

The team becomes more than the sum of its parts and individuals keep growing.

Really impressive

2 hours ago, osprey said:

Will Sproson be working to get him a place at a ''bigger'' club or in a higher division. He is Taylors agent not Vales so I wonder which his priority is. Presumably there is something in it for Sproson as well if Taylor goes onto better things 

Sprosons priority is Taylor and to himself. Vale legend and all that but the players are his focus. There’s potentially big money to be made on picking young players up at our level and them being sold on at a later date.

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Outstanding lad.  I hope he doesn't go down the route of the likes of Alex Jones and Billy Knott who did well with us on loan then went to Bradford and disappeared without trace.  Knott is now playing in the National League South with Chelmsford.  Or Mitch Clark who went to Leicester but won't be playing against Man City this season!

I'd like to think Forest would consider a small initial offer and a big sell on clause - say 50%.  If they are going to release him in the summer that surely makes sense to them.

Please stay, Jake.  You know you want to! 😁

If Forest are going to release him in the summer, our best option is to see if we can extend the loan till the end of the season, then sign him permanently that way we aren’t bound to a 50% sell on clause.

We need to keep him as insurance until the end of the season at least in case Manny's op doesn't work out. In my opinion he's more of a prospect than Manny; unfortunately that probably means someone rather higher than us in the league will come in for him.

35 minutes ago, Conrad said:

If Forest are going to release him in the summer, our best option is to see if we can extend the loan till the end of the season, then sign him permanently that way we aren’t bound to a 50% sell on clause.

But we’ll then be outbid on wages and lose him. 

For me Clarke was a keen energetic young lad in a poor performing team. If he’d have been any good surely Villa would have him in their U21 team. I don’t know what other ppls thoughts are but playing U21 after having played league football is a step backwards, that makes me ask the question does Mitch believe in his own ability or does he have a poor advisor.? Sure he probably gets paid a little more money but U21 football means nothing, that’s why they’re in the Lease.Com.

Chelsea have a transfer embargo and have been to recall youngsters who’ve been out on loan and it’s flourishing.

6 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

For me Clarke was a keen energetic young lad in a poor performing team. If he’d have been any good surely Villa would have him in their U21 team. I don’t know what other ppls thoughts are but playing U21 after having played league football is a step backwards, that makes me ask the question does Mitch believe in his own ability or does he have a poor advisor.? Sure he probably gets paid a little more money but U21 football means nothing, that’s why they’re in the Lease.Com.

Chelsea have a transfer embargo and have been to recall youngsters who’ve been out on loan and it’s flourishing.

Reminder: This is a Jack Taylor appreciation thread, space for Clarke in the EFLT R3 thread

Its a good job Askey has wasted the budget isn't it Ernie...………. I for one hope he carries on wasting it

I would like to think we will offer something and then maybe add in a 25-30% sell on and tell Jake he can go if he signs and a championship side come in for him with a decent offer

Archived