onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

EFLT R3 07.01.2020 Salford City (A)

Fosse69

Draw: Sky Sports 7.15 pm Thurs 5 December.

At stake £50k and a place in the Quarter finals on a national basis.

Accrington or Bolton      Fleetwood    Leicester U21     Man City U21

Port Vale     Salford     Scunthorpe    Tranmere

Nothing to fear there.  But Ipswich and Portsmouth lurking in the Southern half.

Advert

Agreed, nothing to fear for us at all in the northern section of the draw.  In an ideal world, we'll get another home draw to give us the best opportunity of getting through.

One more quick point, I've said before on EFLT threads that I am a regular at EFLT games, as I can't always make weekend fixtures work for me, and have been since the competition format changed.  Now I think we can all agree that the format definitely changed for the worse, however its been particularly interesting for me to see how there is a slight change in how the competition is being viewed by Vale supporters this season.  Another win in the trophy, a slightly increased gate on Tuesday and more money in the bank has raised interest, and once again this comes to real feel good factor around the place.  The manager has used his squad well in these games and Vale have been rewarded with progress for players (Scott Burgess the stand out one, as his performance at Macc and a little injury luck for him propelled him into the first team picture) and in terms of finances (we've made c.£70k out of this so far this season).  Momentum is key in football, and winning these games certainly doesn't hinder that in anyway.  Personally, I'd love to see us try and win the competition! WEM-BER-LEY, WEM-BER-LEY..........

UTV!

I think Fleetwood are going for it in the FLT - they seem to have been putting out strong teams so it may be good to avoid them for now. Otherwise, I'd be happy with any of the others. I'd quite like the satisfaction of knocking a PL B side out personally... (and I think you get an automatic home tie if you draw one)

1 hour ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Hope Leicester under 21's win this sh i t pot comp.

I don't, prefer Vale to pick up the cash, R3 £50k, QF £50k, SF £50k, winners £100k, thus at least £300k plus share of the gate money.  I don't expect the crowd to be 85,000 like last season between the Mackems and Pompey, which must have helped Sunderland although the losers to bank  £1M. Apart from the match practice players get  and the build up as Wembley gets closer..

41 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

It would be good to draw Leicester, we might see  Mitch Clarke in action again. 

Leicester's kids have been wiping the floor with teams in this so far and Man City have generally been very strong in this.

Salford is probably the best draw at home.

Would like to draw Ipswich at some point, away. Mainly because we have not played them in years and it is a great ground. 

I also like the fact that we would play a big club who have to play their “proper” team rather than an u23 one. 

Hopefully it could be in the final. 

5 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Leicester's kids have been wiping the floor with teams in this so far and Man City have generally been very strong in this.

Salford is probably the best draw at home.

Leicester also include Daniel Amartey, Ghanian International, 46 Prem games, including 5 in their Champion season.  Returning from a broken ankle, did not quite fill Kante`s boots but who would. 

Fleetwood played at Goodison Park against Everton on Tuesday night.

I think Fleetwood are going for it in the FLT - they seem to have been putting out strong teams so it may be good to avoid them for now. Otherwise, I'd be happy with any of the others. I'd quite like the satisfaction of knocking a PL B side out personally... (and I think you get an automatic home tie if you draw one)

Archived