onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exodus Racism Row on SSN

AlienTitWrench

Advert

Any manager worth his salt would have taken Exodus off at half time last week and if not at half time very early in the second half and this wouldn't have even raised it's ugly head. Two reasons for this;

1. To save him from the over the top abuse he was getting that refferred to his footballing skills and,

2. To replace him with a more adequate player in the position he was playing.

The only problem there is we had gannon as manager who is now a proven pr***

So if we are using your analogy in a non football context Tim...... An NHS manager employs a nurse whose skills and ability are not up to the high standards set by his/her colleagues. On a particular day this is apparent to relatives of the patients in his/her care. By your reckoning its ok for those relatives to gather in close proximity to the nurse and scream vile abuse at him/her? And then its ok for the public to through similar abuse at the manager for not replacing the nurse?

Why do we make excuses for apalling behaviour that wouldnt be tolerated in other walks of life?

This was posted earlier in the day on one of the other topics:

There was right in front of me just before it all kicked off. A bald chubby guy in his mid to late 40s who had been shouting abuse all game. When I approached a steward and informed him he simply said I needed to report it to my club!! I did this but how on earth they will ever catch this scum when the Accrington officials took no action is beyond me.

So racial abuse was heard by one of our own before it kicked off.

And there lies the problem here. An individual was heard, could easily have been apprehended and then banned for life if someone at Accrington had done their job. Because they didn't, it will be the other fans and club that will now suffer because those will be made scapegoats.

Guest Tony Dyche

Shall we just see what evidence is brought to light over the coming days?

So far we only have proof that one person shouted one thing after Exodus had already confronted fans. Exodus is claiming that he confronted fans because of racial abuse and so the comment we can actually prove can not be what he is talking about. So far, 7 days after the event we have seen nothing to confirm that he reacted racist abuse and yet many of you are willing to roll over and accept the club being painted as racist as a result of a single idiot.

I think some of the "liberal" arguments on here are every bit as extreme as those they argue against, but because it's left it's ok for some reason. A balance is ALWAYS far better.

It's no good coming on here and saying you have heard this said or witnessed that, if at the time you did nothing about it. I have never witnessed racism whilst following Vale and if I did I would not just look the other way and then come on here and say I assumed someone else would have reported it.

The reputation of our club is on the line and as yet we have not been found guilty of what Exodus claims happened. We have evidence of a separate incident and that person needs to be found and cautioned accordingly.

Let's wait and see.

What is the issue Tony. As Burt said earlier I don't think the issue is that Exodus reacted to racist abuse. The issue is there WAS racist abuse directed at him. It doesn't matter if he heard it or not and it doesn't matter if he reacted before or after. How clear can it be? There WAS racist remarks made END OF

Was he getting abuse because of his colour?

No.

Was he getting abuse because of his race?

No

Was he getting abuse because he's *****?

Yes.

Call someone a **** and it's racial abuse, call someone a scot/brit and that's fine?

i'm confused.

did you actually hear what was said, and if so, what was it?

i'm confused about the scot/brit thing....i think you will find that any scots man doesnt want to be associated with the english at all, so being called a scot is better than being called a brit...

pardon me if i have got the wrong end of the stick with that (no jokes please)===

Nobody should be treated the way he was on saturday! He might not be very good but he was trying the best he could....The minority of "fans" that did racially abuse him have let their club down!

so its ok to show your bare ar se to your fans at half time? just thought id add this as its seems to be forgotten in all the official reports!!===

I is OTT if there was racial abuse why has no one shopped the culprit?

I assume you are including me in that VH? If so, it can be clearly heard on the video on the Exodus one. I didn't hear it yesterday but that doesn't mean I condone it. I hate racism as much as the next person, well so long as the next person isn't "some" Vale fans.

Archived