onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Fosse69

1 minute ago, mikey said:

worst performance of the season at home, and underlines our lack of depth. Zero creativity with no shots on target isn't good enough even with a few players missing. Pope up front on his own at home doesn't work either as hes not mobile enough.

Our  unbeaten home record  was never going to last, but just a shame to lose it like that.

Did I imagine that snap shot from Cullen which was tipped over the bar then? Brightest moment of the game for me

Advert

53 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

Agree he had earns the right to start, but did nothing to justify being left on.  

Precisely. Change needed...Cullen should start and amazing isn't it, how both Cullen and Bennett can score and still not get a shirt but Pope plays regardless that last week we saw a rare hattrick

We didn’t play great today by any stretch of the imagination, we’ve played worse this season and got a draw. I wasn’t impressed with Walsall, they had a plan and stuck to it. If you took  the goal out of the game what did either GK have to do. Therefore I think a 0-0 would have been a fair result. I don’t normally mention the officials as they’re so poor, but today’s were the worst I’ve seen. Walsall players must live the turf at VP judging by the number of times they threw themselves onto the ground. TP was wrestled to the ground on a number of occasions and either got no decision or got penalised.
I think everyone knew we wouldn’t go all the way through the season without losing at home, so that weight has now been lifted. It’s only one game, so let’s lift ourselves and get ready for the next game.

Precisely. Change needed...Cullen should start and amazing isn't it, how both Cullen and Bennett can score and still not get a shirt but Pope plays regardless that last week we saw a rare hattrick
Well actually Pope hasn't started much at all. Bennett has been playing up front but I do think he is too weak. Shame we couldn't mix Pope's strength with Bennetts movement and Cullens finishing, however that player would be in a far higher division.

Yes, fair to keep perspective. Missed Joyce terribly and unable to retain possession without him. We had no shots on target and have to sort left back out. Worrell also a big miss. Cullen starts up front for me - surely it can be seen he has good quality in the box and finishing. Monty to left back for now.

I wouldn’t go overboard with the criticism, this is League 2, anyone can beat anyone else. Crewe can be brilliant one week, dire the next. We don’t follow lower division teams for the glory, we follow them because it is in the blood!

2 hours ago, Bald Eagle said:

Agree he had earns the right to start, but did nothing to justify being left on.  

If we had a football referee instead of one on day release from wrestling Pope may have had more of a chance to shine. The constant fouling of him being ignored by the ref was a scandal. At one point the defender had a hold of him, was pulling his shirt off his back and dumped him on the floor and the ref did nothing. The ref was the only thing worse than the Vale’s performance this afternoon. 

We desperately missed Worrall and Joyce.  Our lack of cover at left back was seriously exposed and Conlon wants his head examining if he did what is being reported. Having said that, if you’re going to get sent off doing so for planting one on that despicable little turd Gordon possibly makes it worth it!

30 minutes ago, Valist said:
2 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:
Did I imagine that snap shot from Cullen which was tipped over the bar then? Brightest moment of the game for me

Keeper didn't touch it and game re-started with a goal-kick. Was our best effort of the match however.

Just because the ref gave a goal kick doesn't mean that the keeper didn't touch it, he missed a deflection of a defender in the first half which I thought should have been a corner to us. 

These cynical teams are becoming more and more common,and the officials seem to let them get away with it,they buzzed about never giving us a second on the ball,some of their challenges were suspect,if we were a bit more cynical and stayed down or rolled around a bit we would get a few more of the decisions,some of the challenges on Pope were X rated and the challenge on Smithy could have broken his neck.

I'm beginning to think if you can't beat em join em,and what a sad state of affairs that would be,but on the other hand if thats what it takes...........................

2 hours ago, Walka003 said:
3 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:
We’ve got no depth in the squad, which, aligned with inconsistent performances from many of the players, means we’re going to have games like this.
The main negative for me today was that we were out-battled.  The ref didn’t help but that’s no excuse. Conlons red looked nailed on to me as he appeared to lead with his forearm.
There was a total lack of urgency and no quality.  No point in playing Pope if the crosses are rubbish.

Our best 11 is OK but beyond that we’re struggling.  To really push on we need a couple of players in Jan.  Fullbacks, another wide player and maybe a pacey striker plus, if Brisley is out, cover at centre back.

I feel that our starting 11 is more than OK, you only have to look at our league position, cup runs etc.

I think you’ve missed the point there.

1 hour ago, Class personified said:

Awful game, awful cynical opposition, awful referee. This game demonstrated how good Joyce is, that Amoo needs to be dropped for his own sake, Worrall’s energy was missed and that Evans is not the answer. 

Totally agree - Amoo looked lost on the wing today. The ref was awful lad had a sweat on after the first 5 mins. Walsall just fell about and time wasted. In the end we did not turn up today so no excuses they did not win it WE lost it.

Archived