onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

EFLT R2 Port Vale v Mansfield Town

Fosse69

I wouldn't usually comment on tripe like this, but ERM's constant ridicule of this young man is bordering on an obsession that would worry me if I was Ryans's parent. OK the lad isn't the most gifted, but to its almost like he's getting blamed for playing  and one individual above all feels compelled to comment every time he puts a pair of boots on. For goodness sake man, show some respect and maturity and leave the lad alone and start commenting  on something positive, you don't have to live just for every opportunity of saying I told you so every five minutes, or maybe you just don't get it.

Advert

4 hours ago, Heatwave said:

Just put him on ignore. It works, unless someone misguidedly quotes him.

From your lips to Gods ears ! I'm amazed at the amount of people who still that they can make him normal in his attitude to an average Div 4 squad player. I'm sure some of the people who respond think they can make the lame walk and the blind see - May they can, but they wont get ERM to talk sense at times.    Its a lost cause !    Ignore is the answer.  I'm only writing this in the vain hope that all his responders dont actually quote him from now on . Well, I live in hope .

10 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

On the other hand... at least I’m not in danger of having to read it when someone quotes him so well done for scaring him off! 😂😂

That’s why I didn’t quote him. Everyone’s entitled to their own opinions but a constant trolling behaviour on so many threads really should be sorted out. 

23 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Is there no way Rob can do something clever so that every time Ernie types “Lloyd” it changes the characters to “Messi”. His constant carping would then look quite funny!!

We should make Lloyd Player of the Year just to annoy him

Would happily vote for Ryan in some capacity to show my thankfulness for his contribution to the team.

I put EMR on ignore a few months ago and I must say my life is much better without him in it. A ban would be even better as then I don't see his stupid quotes.

5 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Is there no way Rob can do something clever so that every time Ernie types “Lloyd” it changes the characters to “Messi”. His constant carping would then look quite funny!!

He is the Macclesfield Messi so I will do it for you from all the supporters who booed him who haven’t got anything between their ears.

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

A simply staggering comment. You weren't this vile even towards Martin Patterson were you ? 

Goodness... that comment from Ernie is simply out of order.

It also shows he is in too deep and not man enough to back down.

You have to be a special type of person to be prepared to further attack a lad who many have pleaded to be left alone.

Bullying, plain and simple.

Vile.

Weak.

May I remind all users that offensive language and bypassing swear filters is not allowed in our rules. This also applies to using offensive language towards players. 

You have agreed to our rules before joining this forum so serious breaches of our rules will result in users being banned.

Attack the argument not the person/player.

Thanks,

Rob

I remember the stick Tankard got when he first played at Vale. I think some people were miffed because he had been the replacement for the popular Sulley at LB. Tanks was clearly a young player with talent on the ball, he just lacked confidence. He hadn't found it easy to settle....people forget that these are young men, away from family and familiar things, and they can find it hard. Anyway, he was getting uncalled for abuse at times and his confidence went down. Every time he got the ball he was nervous and would make mistakes he wouldn't otherwise make. It was as if the boo-boys liked that because it somehow proved them right! It is a spiral fans can get into if they are not careful....wanting their own player to do badly just to prove a point. Of course, away from home Tanks was always much more confident....but I daresay the boo-boys weren't there. 

I remember even Seth Bothomley added fuel as well. They seemed to prefer Stokes in that position ...because Stokes was more bustling and got tackles in more. (And thus ended up over-committed and on the ground while play went on around him) In the end a couple of people felt so strongly about it they wrote to the Sentinel page saying how uncalled and counter-productive this abuse was. Not long after Tanks got the last-minute winner against Huddersfield right smack in front of the Bycars (which was full in those days). Cracking volley it was too. It was amusing to see how swiftly people changed their tune and started singing his name. lol 

He ended up a firm favourite at Vale, or course. And a lot of fans are probably oblivious to the fact it could have turned out very differently and we would have lost out on a good player for us.

We often forget that some players take a while to overcome nerves. Booing doesn't help of course! The manager may simply be hoping that the player he sees in training suddenly clicks and is able to show his true ability on matchdays.

5 hours ago, Barrierleaner said:

I remember the stick Tankard got when he first played at Vale. I think some people were miffed because he had been the replacement for the popular Sulley at LB. Tanks was clearly a young player with talent on the ball, he just lacked confidence. He hadn't found it easy to settle....people forget that these are young men, away from family and familiar things, and they can find it hard. Anyway, he was getting uncalled for abuse at times and his confidence went down. Every time he got the ball he was nervous and would make mistakes he wouldn't otherwise make. It was as if the boo-boys liked that because it somehow proved them right! It is a spiral fans can get into if they are not careful....wanting their own player to do badly just to prove a point. Of course, away from home Tanks was always much more confident....but I daresay the boo-boys weren't there. 

I remember even Seth Bothomley added fuel as well. They seemed to prefer Stokes in that position ...because Stokes was more bustling and got tackles in more. (And thus ended up over-committed and on the ground while play went on around him) In the end a couple of people felt so strongly about it they wrote to the Sentinel page saying how uncalled and counter-productive this abuse was. Not long after Tanks got the last-minute winner against Huddersfield right smack in front of the Bycars (which was full in those days). Cracking volley it was too. It was amusing to see how swiftly people changed their tune and started singing his name. lol 

He ended up a firm favourite at Vale, or course. And a lot of fans are probably oblivious to the fact it could have turned out very differently and we would have lost out on a good player for us.

We often forget that some players take a while to overcome nerves. Booing doesn't help of course! The manager may simply be hoping that the player he sees in training suddenly clicks and is able to show his true ability on matchdays.

Good post. Walker was dreadful for about 13 or 14 games after signing permanently (although had been ok on loan the season before) and was getting barracked. It all clicked in a night game when he played a blinder and the rest was history. There was a group of fans in the The Paddock on the halfway line  who gave Foyle stick when he first signed, despite him having scored twice in his first game; mainly because he cost a lot of money, wasn't 6 foot 2 or lightening quick. 

On 04/12/2019 at 17:45, Erniemossrules said:

Well have to agree to disagree then because I still think he was a poor signing and wasted the budget.

Are you sure it’s the supporters who had bugger all between their ears booing  him or maybe they were showing the rest of you what a waste of money he has been.

Its not a waste of your money. Askey feels as though there is something there and all clubs have squad players that don't quite cut the mustard. If we continue to progress as we are he could play you in midfield and anybody in Arthur's team is OK by me.

7 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

Its not a waste of your money. Askey feels as though there is something there and all clubs have squad players that don't quite cut the mustard. If we continue to progress as we are he could play you in midfield and anybody in Arthur's team is OK by me.

I was hoping Alex Hurst would be back to avoid that.

12 hours ago, JRC said:

Good post. Walker was dreadful for about 13 or 14 games after signing permanently (although had been ok on loan the season before) and was getting barracked. It all clicked in a night game when he played a blinder and the rest was history. There was a group of fans in the The Paddock on the halfway line  who gave Foyle stick when he first signed, despite him having scored twice in his first game; mainly because he cost a lot of money, wasn't 6 foot 2 or lightening quick. 

The moral of that story is Vale fans have a history of slagging any player off no matter how good they are. It’s evident even now. Overall  are looking up at the moment, but I take comments like these about Jake Taylor and all the gushing comments about the new owners (who so far are doing a good job) with a pinch of salt, because when things start to go wrong it won’t take some of fans too long to turn. 

Archived